What do you like best about the new forum?

Urchin

Reaction score
Aside from at the extra stuff we're hoping to get in the next few weeks, what do you like best about it now?

I like the link on the right with the last posted thread in it, so you can click directly into the thread, that was the first "extra" I wanted on Laura's list LOL

Also "View active posts "(top left) is pretty cool. :D and the moderator control panel is excellent so you can report posts directly to all the mods if there is a problem :D

I'm still getting my head round it :) I can't get the hang of the sub sections, I keep wondering where off topic has gone :roll: and what does the triangle with an exclamation mark in it mean?

I do like it though :D

edit - just had a thought....can you not make it so when you put the cursor over something, like the exclamation mark, a little box pops up which tells you what that action means? Or would that be a pain in the bum to do?

I like it when you go to submit a post and it tells you if anyone has posted while you've been writing yours, so you can decide whether or not yours is still relevant :)

And I like the little green cross that shows the threads you've posted in :D

I love it all, I got used to it dead quick :lol:

Urchin said:
I like the link on the right with the last posted thread in it, so you can click directly into the thread, that was the first "extra" I wanted on Laura's list LOL

i like that too ^^

also like that you can put little smiley's next to your post
are we getting a quick reply box?? :pray: :pray:

I like it all.. :dance:

Cant mark all forums read though on this one or can you, cos I cant find it :think:

sunshinestars said:
I like it all.. :dance:

Cant mark all forums read though on this one or can you, cos I cant find it :think:

yes its down the bottom on main page :)

no sorry at the top i mean :lol: right hand corner underneath where it says view newposts/view your posts

Kimbo said:
no sorry at the top i mean :lol: right hand corner underneath where it says view newposts/view your posts

Thanks Kimbo x Found it x

I just marked all forums read. What does it do?

lou said:

It just marks every where that you have read it, so next time you log in you will see what you havent read by the orage bits in the forums..

I had every forum with orange bits, and theres certain forums i cant go in just now, so i mark them read instead x

sunshinestars said:
lou said:

It just marks every where that you have read it, so next time you log in you will see what you havent read by the orage bits in the forums..

I had every forum with orange bits, and theres certain forums i cant go in just now, so i mark them read instead x

oh I see. Thanks :hug:

I like that if you need to do more than one search in quick succession you don't to 'wait a short time'.

That used to do my head in! :lol:

Why can't you make a post with more than 3 quotes in it? :think:

I also like how it shows you posts since you starting writting a reply, really handy! :D

lou said:
what does the triangle with an exclamation mark in it mean?

edit - just had a thought....can you not make it so when you put the cursor over something, like the exclamation mark, a little box pops up which tells you what that action means? Or would that be a pain in the bum to do?

when you post in off topic, you can just choose to have a little icon next to it if you want, it doesn't mean anything.
the icons are at the top of the reply box

The best thing for me is it has the same fantastic bunch of members as the old one :hug:

lou said:
Why can't you make a post with more than 3 quotes in it? :think:

I also like how it shows you posts since you starting writting a reply, really handy! :D

Yeah I noticed the quote thing.

I love it tells you if someone has posted before you when you submit - great for counting to 1 million in the correct order :lol:

I like the look of it.

I like the smileys at the side and can't wait to see some more.

I like view active topics.

I actually love it all :cheer:

the bit when you can see what's been written at the same time as you were replying... the announcements in the user profile... the smileys next to the threads... the green plus sign... and the online/offline on peoples avatar is handy.

only thing I can think is I'm looking forward to some new board 'skins' as this one seems a bit more washed out than the last one and I want some garish bright orange one back :shakehead: (really i do)

oh and where's the embarrased face smiley.. lol :) i needed that regarding my car incident... :doh:

oh another thing but I didn't think to print screen it... how can google bot access the adult area? it was reading it at the same time as me :?

I'm still getting my head around it, I like it, don't get me wrong, but I kind of miss the old forum! I miss some of the old smileys :(

Shocked, crying, LOL, embarassed, mad...

:shock: :cry: :lol: :oops: :x

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back