So much for my baby shower today, so upset :(

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Another 3 people have cancelled 3 hours before it starts including my SIL whos still being a bitch over the fact I didnt text her to congratulate her personally on her pregnancy (even though my phone is broken so I cant & she knows this!!!)
Really upset obviously nobody gives a toss about me or the baby.
some people havent even bothered RSVPing! & those who did havent been in touch & I cant ring them to double check as no phone!
I've had to cancel it now just msged ppl on fb :( x

Oh no Vicxzy, that's so rude. People can be so funny over baby stuff. Just chalk it up to jealously, at the end of the day you will have a beautiful bubba in a few weeks and they wont.

x

oh dont get upset, people these days are very odd...i was going to have a baby shower then decided not to, people say they'll come then flop last minute, just save myself the disappointment...
dont let it get to you xxxx

Oh no that's terrible, I'd be really upset too. Cancelling on u is not on especially the day it is organised for... That really annoys me. As for your SIL she seems to be acting really immature over the whole congratulating her thing. U can do without her being around until she sees sense by the sounds of it. Xxx

awwww hun :hugs: some people just aren't worth the tears! do something else today, something that will cheer you up at bit! xxx

Awk that's awful chick. I'm sorry to hear this. I think that people forget how exciting being pregnant can be and don't realise that cancelling for a baby shower is hurtful and upsetting. I'm really sorry, I don't know what else to say, other than (((huggles))) x

Last edited:
Thanks Spice but I cant, no money (had spent it all on food for the ungrateful *******s!) No fuel in car & OH isnt even here to cheer me up :( just have to sit in the house & eat all the food!x

Last edited:
That is shit! Could you not of still had a few people over and made the most of it? as for you SIL let her sulk...chin up hun. xxx

That is shit! Could you not of still had a few people over and made the most of it? as for you SIL let her sulk...chin up hun. xxx

The problem is I havent heard from anyone hun, well 1 person! easier just to cancel rather than me & her being sat there on our own :( x

Awww, that sucks!! I think at the end of the day people can be basically very selfish and they don't realise how much their actions hurt another. I had similar when I was in hospital and very few people visited me...you really find out who your true friends are, and now I treasure them. So sorry for you hun, you must feel so upset - but focus on the good things to come for you and your OH xxx

I get this with birthdays.

My OH sniffed at my asking for a babyshower, didn't think it was worth having a baby party til baby is here etc. Well I've said I want a bbq to celebrate and he doesn't like bbq's.

People don't seem to realise that presents aside (I don't expect anything and have everything I need) that it's a party for the expectant mum, who often feels like a nobody or just a vessel/pod while she's pregnant, being unable to drink or go out for usual things.

I think it's sad that all those people cancelled on you - specially last minute. Wimps. Perhaps they'd forgotten to buy presents so ducked out. I don't know. Whatever the reason, you could casually mention round people how awful it was that everyone but one of the *insert how many people HAD been coming* texted you on the day and said such-and-such excuse - oh dear for them, etc. They'll soon feel embarassed I'd think!

Thanks hun! Hope u get to do something?
Maybe they didnt get me a pressie but I messaged everyone last week on facebook & said I didnt expect one so maybe they are just all a bunch of cows!x

This happened with my first baby shower & TBH can't be arsed spending money on people that pretend they're your friends & then can't be decent enough to turn up or reply. I did a major friend overhaul & thought to myself - what does this person bring to my life? If the answer was sod all, I ditched them! Simple! I'd rather have a few genuine reliable friends & in that I mean 2 or 3, rather than loads who can only be bothered when it suits them. I had one friend who would only turn up as a shoulder to cry on cos she was a nosey bitch & not cos she cared. Binned her ages ago. You get a DVD on, chill out & enjoy your food. If people turn up, look on it as a good thing. If not think about who you really feel are your true friends. Keep them close & the others? Not worth getting upset over - sod em!!!

Sunnyb xxx

This is so sad :cry:

I wish all of us lot could of come to see you, it would be ace. I just don't understand people sometimes. :shakehead:

Some days I feel so grateful for this forum, as it can feel like no one really cares or gets excited about my little baby xxx :love:

That's horrible Hun, but bugger em all, stuff your face with the food and pop a good movie on :)

We had a similar thing a few years ago for Halloween, everyone said it would be cool to have a big party, so as we had the best house for it we said we would do it, I love to organise things and got stuck in, the whole place was completely decorated, we had food and drink coming out of our ears.......and no one turned up....and I mean no one, it took me a serious amount of time to get over that one

I'm a bit upset at the mo to, my friends said about throwing me a baby shower when I first got pregnant, but now there is no mention of it, I'd love to plan it for myself cus I'm into all the little details but don't fel like I can, or that there's any point if they aren't interested anyway lol

Why can we all live near each other and have a mass baby shower for all of us together :)

I'm really sorry they let you down chick, it's not fair, but sod them! Hope your day turned out ok despite all of this upset.

I love the idea of a mass party, shame we can't do that. I'm thankful for this forum too, i'll be honest in this pregnancy so far i've not made any close friends on here because i don't seem to get chance to come on as much as i'd like, although i'm trying to now and join in more. Last time though I was on all the time and made some great friends who have been a massive comfort to me and really helped me get through the pregnancy and my first year (almost) of motherhood! xx

I just told hubby about this, to find out he has been trying to get my best friend to do a baby shower for me(with him helping with cost etc) and shes decided shes not interested ( this is despite the fact she is always obsessed with going to baby showers even for people we hardly know) so now I feel more than a bit poo lol

OMG girls arent some people arseholes? Wait til its their turn!

WELL!!! I did have a baby shower in the end!
I was lying on the sofa bawling my eyes out not even dressed by lunchtime the house was still a total tip as just thought wtf is the point in hoovering etc?!
Then 4 of my friends turned up, armed with masses of food & decs!
They made me get off my ass & helped me clean the whole house then decorated & sorted the food & then a few more turned up later on :) was so made up I really thought nobody was coming just me & 1 friend!
I managed to get dressed with minutes to spare b4 the rest got there.
Still upset that 8 people who previously said they were coming cancelled on me today but we had a lovely time anyway so feck em!
We shud def have a mass party!x

Aww thats great Hun, see now you know who your real friends are :) glad you had a good time in the end

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back