Rant alert! Grrrr

Vicxzy

Reaction score
Sorry girls but I need to rant! :evil:
Do u think im being a cow here?

My brother rang me this morning to say him & his wife r expecting their 3rd baby, he said he was upset as nobody had congratulated them & he had told friends & family.
So I emailed our Nieces & a mutual friend of his wife & I to tell them hoping they would send congratulations.
Anyway, our niece rang her to congratulate them & my SIL went mental!!! Then she rang me & left a voicemail kicking off screaming down the phone saying that Ihad broadcast it to everyone on the internet & she wanted to tell people herself!
Well she never even bothered telling me herself & it wasnt a secret as far as I was told so what does she expect???!!! SO UPSET!

Oh hun... sounds like a bit of a communication breakdown between brother and his wife!! You only thought you were doing the right thing am sure she will come round chick... bad communication seems a common problem in pregnancy.. hugs xxx

Looks like 21 other people think Im being a cow? :( x

AS above -looks like lack of communications between your bro and his wife. don't think its your fault.

Ignore her hun, don't let it bother you. Its not your fault. You thought you were doing a good thing. Don't get yourself worried about it. xxx

What the others said - a case of crossed wires! If your Bro told you he'd told friends and family that kinda suggests everyone knows! Ignore her! x

Yeh I think something got lost in translation here. It sounded like everyone knew so you were only trying to do a nice thing. Unfortunately your SIL cannot see that at the minute. I'm sure she will come round. xx

I don't think you're being a cow at all honey. Sounds like her hormones have sent her into a rage. Hopefully she'll apologise and realise that if she should be shouting at anyone, it should be your brother for telling you everyone knew!

xx

You were just being nice trying to drum up some congrats etc. That's really mean of HER to kick off like that seeing as it was your bro, HER hubby that came to you saying that no one in the family had offered congrats or anything. I think your bro and his wife have communication issues.

Hope ur ok. I'd just explain to her what your bro said to you and as you're pregnant yourself, you know how exciting it is to be pregnant and that you had her best interests at heart mentioning to your family how she felt as you know only too well how nice it is that family share in and pass on their congrats. I'm sure she'll come around. x

I don't think you're being a cow at all honey, and she should understand you're much further on in your pregnancy and was trying to help after what your brother said. I think she's over reacted and should realise its not a big deal x

Oh no :( ...

I'm sure she will apologise soon, its a bit uncalled for sending you such a harsh voicemail when you were only trying to help.

Lets hope its just hormones making her irrational, still not a nice thing for you to deal with:hug: xx

You were told people knew - so it isn't your fault. You were just trying to be nice and it's backfired, that's all. Let your brother know, apologise, and tell him to sort it out because he obviously hadn't discussed what was what with her. x

Well today I emailed him & said to pass congrats on & he emailed back saying 'Thats not good enough' !!!!!!! x

Well, he started it! If he didn't want you saying to people then he should've said so. Family eh. My family don't even bother about my pregnancy...I get the odd, and I do mean odd text from them asking how things are going...my parents are deceased so you'd think they'd try harder. My OH's family are way more excited and regularly ask about how babi & I are & how hospital/scan appointments go x

Oh dear... I agree with the girls... Sounds like a mixture of your SIL and brother not communicating properly and her hormones being all over the place... Personally... If I hadn't been congratulated yet, I'd be thankful to finally get some!! Don't worry about it, I'm sure she'll calm down soon :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back