*** September 2018 Mummies ***

How's everyone doing? No more Sept babies so far?

Congratulations Elven! Xx

Still going here. Only 37+6 though, think this one is gonna be a stubborn baba like his sister who was born 4 days overdue and arrived on her grandma’s birthday despite my best efforts to make sure she wasn’t. Now if this one is born 8 days early, he’ll be born on his grandad’s birthday so I guess it’s best if he stays in there until he’s fully cooked :oooo:

My hospital bag isn’t completely ready yet though but I have been trying to prepare my body. Taking evening primrose oil and eating lots of pineapple. My daughter is in nursery right now so I should be tidying but I don’t have the energy :shakehead:

How’s everyone else feeling? Any early signs of labour yet?

I'm 39+2 today, getting really impatient. Lost lots of my bloody show and having regular pains that build-up then just stop. I'm booked in to have an aromatherapy massage on Monday when I'll be 1 day overdue ididnt go into labour before then. Fingers crossed x

Congratulations Elven. I'm 39wks today and no sign. Had reflexology yesterday and not too hopeful that things will get moving anytime soon. Appointment tmw and sweep offered but not keen. Anyone have any experience of one?

HI babbybo I am thread hopping I am August mummy and had a sweep when I was 7 overdue which the midwife didn’t think would be favourable because my cervix was still long and I went into labour the same day! They aren’t that pleasant bit uncomfortable but some people don’t find them too bad at all! Bit worse than a smear. Good luck zx

Congratulations Elven. I'm 39wks today and no sign. Had reflexology yesterday and not too hopeful that things will get moving anytime soon. Appointment tmw and sweep offered but not keen. Anyone have any experience of one?

I had a sweep at 40+3 with my daughter, sweep was at 2pm on the Thursday and I gave birth at 8:50pm on the Friday. Sweep is uncomfortable but not really painful.

I’ve been getting streaks of blood in my CM which I’m hoping is the show. A lot of backache, headache and cramping too. I was extremely emotional yesterday and I feel like I’ve got a cold coming on. I’ve read that flu like symptoms are an early sign of labour but my 3 year old and partner seem to be getting it too. I’m gonna send my daughter off to nursery this morning and then try and get some cleaning/washing done. I’ve never been one for needing things super clean so I’m hoping I can force the nesting stage haha.

Last edited:
Thanks Mexico& Lalaroo. Thinking of giving it a miss today but will see. My waters broke at 39+3 first time tho I think that was as a result of reflexology which didn't seem to do anything this time. The not knowing when is driving me crazy this time round& making me worry about childcare arrangements which is pointless as I know I've no control over it and parents will help out but still I'm stressing which probably isn't helping.

Hope everyone else is good& we start seeing some September babies very soon.

Half way through nearly and all September babies are being monkeys staying indoors lol. I've got 9 days to go and every day I'm checking for symptoms! Baby feels like he's in my bum, just ready now. Built it up so much in my head I just wanna get the Labour over with. Losing plug slowly and got back ache all time but other than that it's just normal braxton hicks.

Same here, 9 days to go! All I'm feeling is intense pressure low down and then all of a sudden nothing at all! Bump has definitely dropped. Anyone trying any old wives tales to move things along?! Ha! X x

It’s currently 3am and I can’t sleep. I’ve been getting intense cramps since midnight. I can’t figure out if they are contractions or not. They’re not too painful (easy to breath through but painful enough to keep me awake) and they come every 2 minutes and last about 30-40 seconds. I’m guessing they’re just Braxton Hicks, I’m gonna try and sleep but phone the labour ward if they continue throughout the night.
Really hoping it is labour, I’m super fed up now. I just want to hold my little one in my arms :(

I know the feeling lalaroo, I've been up all night too, awful pain on the inside of my legs at the top due to the pressure etc, can't get comfy at all in bed, difficult to even walk at times! The more I'm wishing that labour would start, the more it's not! Also want to be able to get back to normal for my 5 year old, he's very active and feel I can't do much at all with him at the moment! X x

Ah I've got a five year old too and it'd be so nice to just get back to walking and feeling normal again! Can't believe they've waited all this time for baby to arrive. Has your plug come away? Mine has in bits so not sure how much more needs to come out! Xx

Must be false labour. It stopped after a few hours last night and then started again this morning, had it on and off all day. Tried breast pumping for nipple stimulation, taken evening primrose oil and about to eat a whole pineapple. Will be going for a walk when my little one wakes up from her nap. Considered trying castor oil (I am aware of the negatives) but can’t seem to find it in any shops. I just need this baby out before the 18th or hope that he stays put until after.
My daughter was born on her grandma’s (partners mum) birthday and I hate that she has to share the day with her because her grandma makes it about herself and my daughter gets left out. If this baby is born on the 18th, he will be born on their grandad’s (partners dad) birthday and I just don’t want that.

Ethanmummy, Unfortunately no plug loss for me, I have so much pressure low down, keep saying, go on, don't be shy, break out! The other thing for me is I am getting like an electric shock in my vagina area, never had it with my son but have to say it's like a knife stabbing down there, very unpleasant, ha! Oh well better get used to the pain, will only get worse as labour sets in so I have to man up a bit! X x

Lalaroo, sorry everything seems to have come to a stand still, hope a brisk walk brings it on again! I dread night time at the moment as getting no sleep whatsoever! May be joining you soon at 3am, ha! X x

How's everyone doing? X x

Not good here. So fed up, so emotional. I cried over my daughter dribbling a tiny amount of yogurt down her jumper this morning.
Did an hour of breast pumping and now having a walk around our local boating lake.
Still finding it hard to breathe so I don’t think that baby has even dropped yet :(

Same here, nothing much happening. Just when I think something is, I'm let down again. I was crying at everything yesterday. The other thing that's driving me crazy is constant texts/phone calls saying is anything happening, or had the baby yet! Don't you think I'd tell you all if I had! Sorry just very annoying! Hope these babies get a shift on! X x

Same here, nothing much happening. Just when I think something is, I'm let down again. I was crying at everything yesterday. The other thing that's driving me crazy is constant texts/phone calls saying is anything happening, or had the baby yet! Don't you think I'd tell you all if I had! Sorry just very annoying! Hope these babies get a shift on! X x

Yep! I’ve even had people that I barely talk to messaging me saying “any news?” :wall2:
I’m just going to try and relax for the next few days. I’ve got a midwife appointment on Thursday, I’m hoping that she gives me a sweep and that baby comes on Friday. I had my daughter the day after my sweep in my first pregnancy. Plus, I have family members that can only help out with my daughter from Friday onwards and she’s got teacher’s training day that day so it would just all work out perfectly if baby arrives on Friday, fingers crossed.

Never had a sweep with my son, was due to have one then my waters and plug went naturally in the end. However this time looks like it could be a different story! Are they painful? Just want to know what I'm in for should I need one this time. X x

Never had a sweep with my son, was due to have one then my waters and plug went naturally in the end. However this time looks like it could be a different story! Are they painful? Just want to know what I'm in for should I need one this time. X x

I don’t entirely remember it but I don’t think it was painful, just more uncomfortable like having a smear test or being examined for dilation. I think I bled a little bit afterwards too but I had a sweep at 2pm on the thursday and awoke with a contraction at 4:30am on the Friday. I’m hoping it goes the same way this time too.
I’m currently awake in bed at gone 3am. We’re all I’ll in my house but I seemed to be the least ill out of us all. My partner hardly ever gets sick but he’s caught this cold pretty bad. I struggled to get to sleep because of his loud breathing and how hot he was making the bed feel. When I finally fell asleep, I’ve just had really weird dreams. I’ve woken several times to pee and then my daughter woke up with a bad cough. Now I can’t fall asleep again :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back