*** September 2018 Mummies ***

Well I survived the main date that I didn’t want baby to arrive. :dance: I’ve been slowly losing my plug over the past week but woken upthis morning to a huge bit in my toilet (sorry tmi)
I’m hoping to go into labour later today or early tomorrow. If not, we’re ordering a super hot curry on Saturday night to celebrate our anniversary, so maybe that will shift baby.

Fingers crossed for everyone now, hopefully it won’t be long until we all have our babas in our arms :)

Hey all! Sorry I've been MIA recently, have been super busy. My little boy was born on 28th August so is 3 weeks old today.

I was induced at 38 weeks and had a pretty uncomplicated delivery and just enjoying cuddles at home and getting the hang of this whole newborn thing.

How is everyone?

My little boy was born yesterday Vbac. Weighing 7lb 7oz, horrendous and never again giving birth but so glad he's here and safe and well. Congrats to all the mummies and good luck for those still waiting. You can do this! Xx

Congratulations rainbow & ethanmummy!! Great to finally here that some September babies have safely arrived.
Still waiting here, 5 days until due date. I was hoping my midwife would examine me and offer me a sweep yesterday at my appointment but she didn’t. Booked in for a sweep on the 4th which is 8 days after my due date :shock: and then will get booked for an induction on the 15th if he hasn’t arrived by then. I really hope I don’t go that long, I’ve been trying everything to get baby going. I even resorted to castor oil last night but it did nothing :wall2:
I’m getting so emotionally frustrated :(

Aww it'll happen soon. My first sign was baby's crazy movements at like 2am for a hour. He was telling me he was on his way xx

Hi ladies! Sorry it’s been so long!
I gave birth to my little girl on the 2nd September weighing 6lb1. Unfortunately I had to have forceps and an episiotomy which has been so bad! The wound got infected and I’m now on my third lot of antibiotics! I had to stay in hospital for a few days as I literally couldn’t move! But I’m absolutely loving having my little Willow here, she’s adorable and I’d do it all again tomorrow if I could!

Hope you’re all well xx

Attachments

• 3CECD491-913D-4D9B-830B-656338BA83D6.jpg
    3CECD491-913D-4D9B-830B-656338BA83D6.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 32
Another September baby here too. Got induced at 3days overdue and baby boy born yesterday. Unfortunately tore during delivery and nervous about all that healing but he's here and that's what's important. Such a relief.

Congratulations to everyone who has had their babies- hope they behave and we can enjoy them. And good luck to everyone still waiting. Hope yous have quick and easy deliveries��

Congrats everyone. I had my baby girl on the 20th and we've called her Isobel. Good luck to all who are waiting. X x

Hi ladies! Sorry it’s been so long!
I gave birth to my little girl on the 2nd September weighing 6lb1. Unfortunately I had to have forceps and an episiotomy which has been so bad! The wound got infected and I’m now on my third lot of antibiotics! I had to stay in hospital for a few days as I literally couldn’t move! But I’m absolutely loving having my little Willow here, she’s adorable and I’d do it all again tomorrow if I could!

Hope you’re all well xx

Congratulations and love the name my little girl is also willow and will be 5 months next week xx

Congratulations to all those whose bundle of joy has arrived. 39+6 here and absolutely no signs of him making an appearance. I’ve tried everything now but my body is obviously just not ready :(
Just really don’t want to be induced, won’t be induced until Oct 15th though so hopefully he will come by himself before then.

How’s everyone feeling during recovery? I remember feeling super emotional after giving birth to my daughter. Mainly because my partner went to Berlin on a stag do when she was just 5 days old :shock:

Aww Lalaroo it will happen before you know it and you'll have no idea that today will be the day! I was symptom spotting like mad and when it came down to it I was given no warning pre hand lol. It's so annoying isn't it waiting but bet you'll not get to 40 weeks. Just relax. I can't believe it was a week ago I was pushing right now! I relive it over and over every day and can't believe I did it. I'm an emotional rollercoaster at the moment in my little love bubble lol. Xx

I’ve been pretty emotional at the most random things like when my midwife signed me off from her... cried for a good few hours haha!! Now I’m just super sleepy and have really bad baby brain haha!

Good luck to everyone still waiting x

Due date today and absolutely no signs of baby starting to make an appearance. Best case scenario now is baby arrives tomorrow evening after my partner finishes work so that when he goes back after his 2 weeks off, he’ll only be in for half a day before the weekend again.
Everyone keeps telling me to get on a birthing ball or walk up and down the stairs but I’m just too exhausted so I’m gonna make myself a cuppa and then consume as much junk food as possible before picking my daughter up from nursery.

Also, just found out that over the past 2 decades, September 26th is the most popular day to give birth. It’s also a full moon tonight and I’ve heard a few midwives say that they believe that the labour ward gets super busy on a full moon. So fingers crossed for today :)

Last edited:
40+2 and still here :( getting really down now.

Edit:
Today I have walked about a lot including a 2 hour shopping trip as well as bouncing along every curb I walked past whilst walking my daughter to/from school. I have just eaten a whole pineapple, drank half a litre of raspberry leaf tea, had a hot shower, taken evening primrose oil, rubbed castor oil into my belly and now I’m sat with my legs in the butterfly position. Also going to get my partner to do some acupressure massages after he comes back from getting us a Chinese after having a sudden craving for one. If none of this works after having Braxton Hicks all day long then I officially give up!!!

Hope everyone is doing well. Is there anyone else still waiting for their baby to arrive?

Last edited:
Lalaroo I really feel for you, hoping this message is too late and you’re holding your baby in your arms, I remember too well feeling how you do, I went 12 days over my due date and people say ‘not long to go!’ I thought ‘no, not in your world where you’re busy with work etc but I’m sat here waiting to give birth and each day feels like a week!’
I even agree to DTD 3 times one day to prove to hubby it wouldn’t work, typically she arrived the next day.
Try and fill your days with going out to meet people or them coming round, just to keep you busy.
Hope baby doesn’t keep you waiting much longer xx

Lalaroo I really feel for you, hoping this message is too late and you’re holding your baby in your arms, I remember too well feeling how you do, I went 12 days over my due date and people say ‘not long to go!’ I thought ‘no, not in your world where you’re busy with work etc but I’m sat here waiting to give birth and each day feels like a week!’
I even agree to DTD 3 times one day to prove to hubby it wouldn’t work, typically she arrived the next day.
Try and fill your days with going out to meet people or them coming round, just to keep you busy.
Hope baby doesn’t keep you waiting much longer xx

Planned to dtd tonight but I’ve been in pain for a few hours. Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s contractions :(
I’ve been getting painful cramps every minute and a half for over an hour. They are bearable but very uncomfortable, they are radiating around to my back too. It’s more than likely constipation pains but no matter how many times I sit on the toilet, nothing wants to come out. The pains are coming too quickly to be real contractions but they keep happening, no matter what position I’m in. Going to give it another hour and if they haven’t eased off then I will give the hospital a call though.

How did you get on? Did they advise paracetamol and a bath? I got told to just sit and watch tv once too x

How did you get on? Did they advise paracetamol and a bath? I got told to just sit and watch tv once too x

Well what a night that turned out to be. So the pains kept on coming even after a rather heavy bowel movement. They were coming every 30 seconds, me being stubborn thought “nah these can’t be the real thing” but I rang the labour ward and was told to come straight in. Within 30 seconds of moving from the bathroom and into the bedroom, I was screaming at my partner to ring back and tell them that I wasn’t going to make it. He called an ambulance at 22:38 and by 22:47 I had given birth to my son on my bed :shock:
I was admitted to hospital to have stitches but other that, we’re all good. Haven’t slept yet. I feel like a zombie.

Last edited:
Oh my goodness Lalaroo, I know they say second time round is quicker but wow hehe amazing though, congratulations on your little boy and yay he didn&#8217;t make you wait much longer <3

Thank you. I still feel like I&#8217;m in a dream, I keep replaying the moment I could feel his head coming. We&#8217;ve just got back home and my partner is cleaning up all the mess, it&#8217;s safe to say that we need a new mattress and new set of towels. Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back