*** September 2018 Mummies ***

Hi all, is anyone suffering from really bad hip pain when they sleep? I’m usually a back/front sleeper but I’m really having so much pain in my hips sleeping on my side, it’s horrible!
Yep, my hips are aching so much throughout the night and morning because I'm a back sleeper, quite uncomfortable. Can't really find a solution to it though.

It’s horrible, I am so uncomfortable and hardly get any sleep thanks to it! I’ve had a look online for mattress toppers but the cheaper ones look rubbish and I really don’t want to spend a fortune because I love our mattress... it just doesn’t love me now!
Dunelm sell blocks of foam fairly cheaply which I think I might have a look at later today as an option!

Officially in Tri 3 now! I’m due September 26th with a boy:dance:
I feel like the weeks are dragging. I’m no where near prepared for the baby though :oooo:
I’ve just dropped my daughter off for her first nursery taster session and I cried my eyes out.
Emotions are running very high in our house lately, I feel like we all need an emotional clear out as well as a full house clean, top to bottom - inside to outside haha.
Other than that I’m feeling okay, my hips are giving me grief and I’m finding work is getting harder but I’m powering through. Hope everyone else is doing okay :)

Hi all, I'm 28 weeks with a boy due september 23rd. Got terrible SPD so not walking far is a daily challenge for me. Feeling very tired and huge so definately feeling the negatives of tri 3! We all got nursery and names set? If you're anything like me then nope! Just got no motivation atm. X

I'm officially in tri 3 too! Due September 30th with a boy. We have names and I've bought like little bits like clothes etc. Still need to get a cot and carseat. Don't even know where I'm going to be living atm as I've just moved back to UK and living with my parents so it's a bit stressful.

I love the name Alexander, btw, to whoever wanted it

It’s horrible, I am so uncomfortable and hardly get any sleep thanks to it! I’ve had a look online for mattress toppers but the cheaper ones look rubbish and I really don’t want to spend a fortune because I love our mattress... it just doesn’t love me now!
Dunelm sell blocks of foam fairly cheaply which I think I might have a look at later today as an option!
Hadn't even thought of that, I have just made a pregnancy type pillow from a blanket haha. Let me know how you get on with the foam, please!

Officially in Tri 3 now! I’m due September 26th with a boy:dance:
I feel like the weeks are dragging. I’m no where near prepared for the baby though :oooo:
I’ve just dropped my daughter off for her first nursery taster session and I cried my eyes out.
Emotions are running very high in our house lately, I feel like we all need an emotional clear out as well as a full house clean, top to bottom - inside to outside haha.
Other than that I’m feeling okay, my hips are giving me grief and I’m finding work is getting harder but I’m powering through. Hope everyone else is doing okay :)
Welcome, I have added you! x I feel like some weeks drag and some weeks seem to go so fast. Not quite sure how that works?

The emotional side is such a pain, I feel like I end up crying at the silliest of things! Hope I'm not alone there.

Hi all, I'm 28 weeks with a boy due september 23rd. Got terrible SPD so not walking far is a daily challenge for me. Feeling very tired and huge so definately feeling the negatives of tri 3! We all got nursery and names set? If you're anything like me then nope! Just got no motivation atm. X
Welcome, added you as well. x Sorry to hear about the SPD, are you able to do anything at all to help ease it?

We haven't got a nursery, as little one's going to be sharing a room with us for now, while we keep searching for a house. Cot's all set up and ready though, minus bedding, but I have only just started getting bits ready this week. Have you got much left to buy?

I'm officially in tri 3 too! Due September 30th with a boy. We have names and I've bought like little bits like clothes etc. Still need to get a cot and carseat. Don't even know where I'm going to be living atm as I've just moved back to UK and living with my parents so it's a bit stressful.

I love the name Alexander, btw, to whoever wanted it
Welcome, added you too. x Oh no, that does sound stressful. Will you be able to get yourself set up at your parents, if need be? Good luck with the shopping, might be worth having a look at the bounty offers, some deals on there for travel systems if that's what you need.

Interesting how the first half of us are having girls and the other half boys, minus our one team yellow of course!

I'm struggling to figure out how many clothing items to put in the hospital bag for the baby. In my mind, 2 sleepsuits per night and 2 outfits per day seems enough, but not sure if I'm being really naive thinking that's enough? Or overly cautious. I feel so clueless with this baby thing!

Hi everyone! The heat is killing me today plus i woke up at 4:30 am and couldnt sleep again.. gah! How do i join the fb group?

Hadn't even thought of that, I have just made a pregnancy type pillow from a blanket haha. Let me know how you get on with the foam, please!

It’s been amazing so far! It’s only 2 inches thick but it’s solved the hip pain so far! Deffo worth £16!!

Interesting how the first half of us are having girls and the other half boys, minus our one team yellow of course!

I'm struggling to figure out how many clothing items to put in the hospital bag for the baby. In my mind, 2 sleepsuits per night and 2 outfits per day seems enough, but not sure if I'm being really naive thinking that's enough? Or overly cautious. I feel so clueless with this baby thing!

I’m the same, no idea what she will need or how long we will be in for! A few friends recently gave birth and were out within a few hours!!

God I would love a birth where you're out the same day! Is that the norm now if everything is OK with you and baby? I had C section last time so was in for 5 days... Do not want that again! I would pack more just to be safe Elven... Better to have too much than not enough! Is this everyone's first or second child? I am pooing my pants about not being able to cope in labour. I can't cope with this SPD at the minute so reckon I'll be useless when the time comes. Xx

This is my first... I’m more worried about what happens after the birth than the actual birth haha!!

Apparently after 6 hours if all is ok you can go home!

Hi everyone! The heat is killing me today plus i woke up at 4:30 am and couldnt sleep again.. gah! How do i join the fb group?
The heat is the worst thing about having a baby at this time of year, so badly timed! Will message you with the FB link now, although it's not particularly busy there. x

It’s been amazing so far! It’s only 2 inches thick but it’s solved the hip pain so far! Deffo worth £16!!
Ooh may need to look at this then. Glad it's helped you!

I’m the same, no idea what she will need or how long we will be in for! A few friends recently gave birth and were out within a few hours!!
That's what I'm thinking, they seem to want you out asap so I feel like packing for that scenario and having extra bits ready at home for the husband to pick up, if need be. But it feels like I will regret it if we are in for a few days!

God I would love a birth where you're out the same day! Is that the norm now if everything is OK with you and baby? I had C section last time so was in for 5 days... Do not want that again! I would pack more just to be safe Elven... Better to have too much than not enough! Is this everyone's first or second child? I am pooing my pants about not being able to cope in labour. I can't cope with this SPD at the minute so reckon I'll be useless when the time comes. Xx
It's my first, thus being so clueless about what to expect. I'm with CoveyClover though, I'm more anxious about what happens right after and once we bring her home. Not that I'm looking forward to labour at all, the whole concept's pretty terrifying.

I saw my midwife today. She gave me the usual check over and feel of my tummy and said baby’s head is really low down.... that explains why I feel like she’s pushing her way out when I walk around haha! She just said well she has to come out at some point and she’s getting ready!

With just over 8 weeks left, that scared me a bit more haha!!

Usually when you home nurse comes that week to check on you and baby. I got given a red book for my little one where they measure and weigh baby at your house and just answer any questions you may have. After about two weeks you visit them for weighing sessions and that's about it. That's what I remember from my first five years ago. I remember living in a bubble for about a month just so happy and enchanted by my baby, its a lovely feeling. Have you got your birth plans ready? I'm really hoping for a water birth! Gonna go to some antenatal classes I think just to get my head round it all. I painted the nursery yesterday too so feeling proactive! Xx

Hiya everyone, sorry I've been a bit AWOL, I've just been so busy! (With completely non baby related stuff mind) How are you all? I've been waddling for a couple weeks now, not so much pain but a lot of aches. 30 weeks here today, I have exactly three pieces of clothing for the baby, bahaha. We're getting very excited here though. I've been a bit naughty and haven't had time to go for my GTT yet, and I went to my Anti-D appointment only to be told that I didn't have my bloods done so couldn't get it done that day (I also had kiddies in toe, gah!) but other than that, everything is fine and dandy here Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back