*** September 2018 Mummies ***

Hi ladies, does anyone else feel like babies movements have changed? She used to kick me quite hard but that’s all I really felt but now I still get the odd kick or punch, but mainly I feel her wriggling! She is head down now and her feet are up in my ribs quite a bit which I feel all the time! Such a strange sensation!

I think she is still sideways cos i get kicks in all places and sometimes both sides simultaneously but thats probably cos shes still small enough to swim around. I guess! Exciting for you though, might mean shes slowly getting ready!

Im feeling pretty good apart from eating way too much (why do i do that to myself?!). Now im a beached whale lying on the couch.

I want to try cloth nappies this time around although for the newborn phase im thinking disposable mainly because im having an elective section so i want to give myself minimal hardship.
Elven, youre in the final 10 week stretch, how exciting! Sometimes it seems like time flies and others it feels like ive been pregnant forever..
Oh tell me about it! I normally can't eat dairy but somehow it's not as bad now, so slightly indulging a bit too much there.

Sounds ideal, you will have to let us know how you get on with the cloth nappies. x

It really does, sometimes it's like the weeks are dragging and suddenly several weeks have passed without even noticing.

Hi ladies, does anyone else feel like babies movements have changed? She used to kick me quite hard but that’s all I really felt but now I still get the odd kick or punch, but mainly I feel her wriggling! She is head down now and her feet are up in my ribs quite a bit which I feel all the time! Such a strange sensation!
I know what you mean. Mine's still really active and will kick quite hard, but I think she's getting quite cramped it there because I will often just feel her shifting about as opposed to kicking away. Definitely don't let the rib action though!

I would love to know the position she's in though, did you figure it out yourself or did the midwife tell you? Hoping mine can help me figure it out this week.

Is anyone else really struggling with names? We have one we like, but really want a few in case she doesn't look like that name. Just feel so uninspired and none of the baby name lists are helping at all, and I thought this would be the easy part!

Last edited:
I know what you mean. Mine's still really active and will kick quite hard, but I think she's getting quite cramped it there because I will often just feel her shifting about as opposed to kicking away. Definitely don't let the rib action though!

I would love to know the position she's in though, did you figure it out yourself or did the midwife tell you? Hoping mine can help me figure it out this week.

I had a growth scan last week as I’m under the consultant and they told me then. My midwife also told me a few days after the scan which I was more impressed by! How they can tell with just a few little presses is amazing!

Is anyone else really struggling with names? We have one we like, but really want a few in case she doesn't look like that name. Just feel so uninspired and none of the baby name lists are helping at all, and I thought this would be the easy part!

I’m not quite in the 3rd Tri yet but just jumping in to say that you’re not the only one struggling with names. I have a 3 year old girl and my partner and I had her name picked out years before we even started trying for a baby. When we found out that we were having a girl, there was absolutely no question that her name would be Ramona. We both still absolutely love the name now and it suits her so well.
We’re having a boy this time and it’s been hard to choose a name. We liked our DD’s name because is was unpopular, not made up but had a coolness to it. We haven’t been able to stick with a boy name and it kills me.
For ages we were going with Reuben but it just didn’t feel right. Now we’re going with (and hopefully sticking with) Alexander but I still have reservations. I wanted a name as unpopular as our daughter’s but I just don’t think we’re going to find anything.

Have you tried looking at the Office for Nation Statistics website?
They list all the names children were named in each year. The latest one is 2016 but there’s 1000’s of names on there
https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/pe...ynamesstatisticsgirls/2016/2016girlsnames.xls

Go on table 6 for the full name list

Last edited:
I had a growth scan last week as I’m under the consultant and they told me then. My midwife also told me a few days after the scan which I was more impressed by! How they can tell with just a few little presses is amazing!
I completely agree. Went to see the midwife yesterday and she could tell baby's position, and she's head down now which I thought she might be, so glad I was right haha. The extra scans must be lovely, getting to see your little girl more. x

How's everyone been this week so far?

I’m not quite in the 3rd Tri yet but just jumping in to say that you’re not the only one struggling with names. I have a 3 year old girl and my partner and I had her name picked out years before we even started trying for a baby. When we found out that we were having a girl, there was absolutely no question that her name would be Ramona. We both still absolutely love the name now and it suits her so well.
We’re having a boy this time and it’s been hard to choose a name. We liked our DD’s name because is was unpopular, not made up but had a coolness to it. We haven’t been able to stick with a boy name and it kills me.
For ages we were going with Reuben but it just didn’t feel right. Now we’re going with (and hopefully sticking with) Alexander but I still have reservations. I wanted a name as unpopular as our daughter’s but I just don’t think we’re going to find anything.

Have you tried looking at the Office for Nation Statistics website?
They list all the names children were named in each year. The latest one is 2016 but there’s 1000’s of names on there
https://www.ons.gov.uk/file?uri=/pe...ynamesstatisticsgirls/2016/2016girlsnames.xls

Go on table 6 for the full name list
That's quite a nice name and you definitely don't her that often. I quite like Alexander although I guess it's more common than Ramona, mind you, most of the Alexander's I know are 20+ so hopefully it might not be common for baby's nowadays! x

Brilliant, thank you for that. Will definitely be having a look on there.

[/QUOTE]

How's everyone been this week so far?[/QUOTE]

Hello ladies!!

I had the gestational diabetes test this week, which was pretty disgusting and kind of ruined the day for me, spent most of it trying not to be sick. Other than that i finally started organising a bit, washed a few clothes, ordered a couple of things ill need for the hospital stay, so that was nice. Ive been feeling really big lately which has been getting me down. People actually told me i look more fat than pregnant, which really isnt what you want to hear, is it?!

How is the name hunt going ladies? How has everyone been? Xx

Last edited:
Oh, i forgot to say! I love the name Alexander. Its a classic name but it also seems like it doesnt get picked a lot these days so its probably uncommon :).

Hello ladies!!

I had the gestational diabetes test this week, which was pretty disgusting and kind of ruined the day for me, spent most of it trying not to be sick. Other than that i finally started organising a bit, washed a few clothes, ordered a couple of things ill need for the hospital stay, so that was nice. Ive been feeling really big lately which has been getting me down. People actually told me i look more fat than pregnant, which really isnt what you want to hear, is it?!

Sounds awful! When are you due to get the results?

Don't you just love the comments you get from people? It's like all of a sudden anyone can say anything they want, whereas normally they wouldn't. I thought it was only fair to return the favour, and made a comment about someone who had commented about me and it did not go down well. Funny that!

Hello ladies!!

Sounds awful! When are you due to get the results?

Don't you just love the comments you get from people? It's like all of a sudden anyone can say anything they want, whereas normally they wouldn't. I thought it was only fair to return the favour, and made a comment about someone who had commented about me and it did not go down well. Funny that!

Got the results today, everything seems fine! Its a relief really, so many things to worry about while pregnant.

Elven its not just comments, people will stare, joke, and touch without asking. I got asked a few times how come i decided to have a baby... Like, really? I was so baffled i didnt reply!

How is everyone today? Its so quiet on here!

Hey all, sorry I've been missing for a while, I've had a tough week as it would have been my son's first birthday. Finding it quite hard at the moment and worrying about the new baby but have got to try and stay positive and hope everything will be ok.

I saw my consultant as well last week who said she wants to induce me around 38 weeks, which will be around the last week in August. I was induced last time and it went fine, so that doesn't scare me in the least but I've booked onto a hypnobirthing class to try and help with the anxiety and make it a more positive experience.

Anyone else got any birth-plan thoughts yet? x

Hi all, is anyone suffering from really bad hip pain when they sleep? I’m usually a back/front sleeper but I’m really having so much pain in my hips sleeping on my side, it’s horrible!

Hello everyone!

In terms of birth plan im having a section somewhere around september 10th and hopefully it wont get more complicated than that. I had an awfuo experience with my first and had to be taken for an emerhency section so id rather have a more peaceful birth this time around. Plus, they dont do VBAC on my little island..
Im not having any hip pain yet but its becoming increasingly difficult to get up from sitting and lying down, and ive been getting really bad migraines. I think this is the worst stage of being pregnant but hopefully in a few months we'll look back on it and laugh (serious wishful thinking here!!)

Xx

Sorry been a bit quiet this week, the heat has completely exhausted me!

Got the results today, everything seems fine! Its a relief really, so many things to worry about while pregnant.

Elven its not just comments, people will stare, joke, and touch without asking. I got asked a few times how come i decided to have a baby... Like, really? I was so baffled i didnt reply!

How is everyone today? Its so quiet on here!
The random touching is weird, the strangest part in all of this! Although asking why you decided to have a baby is pretty weird, what sort of question is that? Who asks that?!

Hey all, sorry I've been missing for a while, I've had a tough week as it would have been my son's first birthday. Finding it quite hard at the moment and worrying about the new baby but have got to try and stay positive and hope everything will be ok.

I saw my consultant as well last week who said she wants to induce me around 38 weeks, which will be around the last week in August. I was induced last time and it went fine, so that doesn't scare me in the least but I've booked onto a hypnobirthing class to try and help with the anxiety and make it a more positive experience.

Anyone else got any birth-plan thoughts yet? x
I'm sorry to hear it's been a tough week, completely understandable why though x

Hopefully the class will help you, anything you can do to make it a more pleasant and easygoing experience is definitely worth it. You might be the first one with a baby then if you are getting induced end of August!

I have some potential blood disorder complications so just going to go with the flow regarding birth plans. I will be in the hospital and hopefully having a vaginal delivery, but apart from that will just see what happens.

Hi all, is anyone suffering from really bad hip pain when they sleep? I’m usually a back/front sleeper but I’m really having so much pain in my hips sleeping on my side, it’s horrible!
Yep, my hips are aching so much throughout the night and morning because I'm a back sleeper, quite uncomfortable. Can't really find a solution to it though.

Was anyone else really looking forward to the expected rain today and so far it's been a huge disappointment? It's done absolutely nothing, I was hoping for a bit of fresher, cooler air. :eh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back