***** September 2016 Mummies Tri 2 *****

I've decided I was so organised earlier due to not being able to do it now with all the house renovation happening. Carpets go down next weekend and we move in the following weekend. In between my Niece's 1st Birthday party and two christenings....... lol

Baby's room is painted, has storage in the built-in closet bit, curtains went up this week. And it also now has a little sofa bed in it too. Wall stickers, carpet and cot & drawers/changer to do, but that can hang on a bit. All the clothes I've already been given/bought have had a wash but there's more coming this week from family in Scotland :shock:

Buggy, crib and traval cot are at MiL's lol.

And, my Manager's girlfriend works for Mothercare, they've already put a bag together of stuff she's got on full staff reduced/end of line etc and she's seeing about getting the changing bag I want with discount too :shock:

And when baby kicks, he kicks like mad, my supervisor even saw it this afternoon!!

GTT test on MOnday morning though, routine due to my age (35 in a few weeks) and my BMI, though I've only gained about 5lb since booking!!

Lxx

I refuse to get organised as still paranoid about tempting fate, but I hopefully will have some time in 6 week holidays!
I too have pgp. I have bought a belt and seen a Physio who gave some help, but it is such early days to get it. I had it with my second and they say if you've had it before, likely to have it again! Determined to not let it progress at this stage, so will try anything.
It's 11 years since I had my last baby and then there was not the same emphasis on baby movements. It's made me a bit more paranoid! I was worried as so quiet Sun, Mon, but dancing today!
I am trying to enjoy this pregnancy and not be a total worry wart! (It will be my last!)

Hi ladies. Trimester 3/Nearly trimester 3 for the September mums! Crazy.
We have most of our bits, but going to use the summer holidays as a time to finish off. DH has done the nursery. We had just moved in. We had the second room split up into two rooms, a bathroom and a bedroom, so it's been busy and a little traumatic! Had no bathroom upstairs so was essential! So, nursery painted and new flooring, plus w shave cot, changer station and chest of drawers. Pram and Snuzpod at my parents' house. I just want it to be September now!
Movements are so weird... As in, there is no pattern really. Had a couple of scarily quiet days over weekend but I had been travelling to doctors to try to get asthma sorted (which is becoming a nightmare with a chest infection too) and was my brother's wedding. Was squished into a non maternity bridesmaid dress that did not fit and was a nightmare. Had to take it off after the ceremony! Think this is why I wasn't feeling much as so busy and squished.
However, since I got back home and have been off work for a week (due to asthma and chest infection) my lo has been having a party in there. Last night, I was almost asking it to stop as I couldn't final a comfortable position to be in as baby was kicking me everywhere, really, really hard! Has started again this morning already. Think my bubba might be a two days rest, 4/5 days rumpus one!
I have found tracking movements to be the most stressful thing apart from some early brown blood in trimester 1 and 2. I am constantly questioning as to whether or not baby is ok.
Totally worth every stress though. So excited.
Anyone else team yellow? We struggle as we end up calling the baby 'It' and it feels wrong... Our surname begins with B so sounds cute when we call it Baby B... but can't call baby that all the time!
Mind you, in my pregnancy group that I am about to start, the woman was calling the baby 'babe' and I really hated that! I nearly asked her to stop!
Hope you're all well and that the weather is not getting us all down! X

Haven't felt much movement today. Have felt occasional really subtle movement but no kicks or larger movements. Going to see how it goes this eve and if baby hasn't done much more this eve (usually more active in evenings) I'm going to ring the midwife tomorrow. Hoping baby will perk up a bit later to calm me down. Been quite busy today - out to a toddler class first thing and them spent the afternoon at the farm so it could just be that I've been busy and so baby has been sleeping more. Bit concerned though. X

Ps baby B sounds cute SCL. We are team yellow too. I can't win - don't like saying 'it', but whenever I say 'they' people exclaim that they didn't know I was having twins! Occasionally I say him or her and then people say ooo have you found out then?! Xxx

Haven't felt much movement today. Have felt occasional really subtle movement but no kicks or larger movements. Going to see how it goes this eve and if baby hasn't done much more this eve (usually more active in evenings) I'm going to ring the midwife tomorrow. Hoping baby will perk up a bit later to calm me down. Been quite busy today - out to a toddler class first thing and them spent the afternoon at the farm so it could just be that I've been busy and so baby has been sleeping more. Bit concerned though. X

I'm sure once you sit and relax baby will perk up and reassure you xx

Ps baby B sounds cute SCL. We are team yellow too. I can't win - don't like saying 'it', but whenever I say 'they' people exclaim that they didn't know I was having twins! Occasionally I say him or her and then people say ooo have you found out then?! Xxx

Haha. That's it. You can't win! It's just hard as you can feel baby inside of you alive and moving and so 'it' is weird...
Hope your movements pick up. My baby is quite active some days and others not so. E.g. today Baby B was really active all morning then we went swimming and played crazy golf (just because, you know!) and it's (had to use it) been quiet since about 4 when we got home. Still moving on and off when lying down but def. quieter.
Stressed myself silly by using Doppler and it said heart rate was fluctuating from 140-220(!) Tried a couple of times and this was the case... Thinking it was because of movements, but has slowed down to normal now.
God, don't know how I will cope when baby's here as so anxious now! Anyone else worry about that?!

How's things now Naomi? Did baby perk up for you?

I'm officially tri 3 from today! I'll get the September mummies thread started.
We're off to buy the paint for baby's room today and to ikea to get the new furniture for the loft room, DH is going to have a busy week :lol:

How's things now Naomi? Did baby perk up for you?

I'm officially tri 3 from today! I'll get the September mummies thread started.
We're off to buy the paint for baby's room today and to ikea to get the new furniture for the loft room, DH is going to have a busy week :lol:

Congratulations, scn. My MW said it was from 27 weeks so I have been celebrating already and I am a few days behind you!
Oh well. Doesn't make much difference!
X

Yep the worry never really goes away SCL - I swear my heart stops beating at least once a day with my two year old - she's non stop and constantly having near misses (and occasinal full on accidents) but I think I am calmer now than when I first had her - I used to stress out at every strange rash or mark but you learn what to worry about and what to not worry about so it does get a bit easier. I always manage to find something to worry about though!

Thankfully baby has been wriggling nicely this morning. Baby had a little wriggle last night too but it was still quite soft but the movement this morning has been stronger. Going to keep monitoring it today though. Xxx

That's good to hear. Keep kicking Baby Naomi :) Glad I am not the only one feeling slightly neurotic(!)
I am getting clicking/popping sounds when baby moves sometimes! It's crazy. Seems common and 'normal.' Anyone else had these? DH heard it and freaked out as it really does sound ike knuckles cracking! Xx

Yeah I had it throughout the later stages. Its just babies bones and other things contracting and moving in there as they grow cramped. Jackson wasn't clicky when born.

The hiccups will start soon too lol, he did have these for a week or so after he was born we would get daily bump hiccups lol.

xxxxx

Glad to hear baby is moving for you Naomi x I've not felt much movement today but he was active this morning lots before I went out and I've only just sat down now so hopefully he'll wake up and get moving x

Has anyone else started having the crazy dreams again? I thought I had left that behind in tri 1 but they've started up again! And heartburn is killing me :-(

Last edited:
I've been having crazy dreams, dreamt that I gave birth to a cat and had to tell everyone they were being judgemental..... Crazy crazy dream!

Wow you have all been active, I've been away this weekend for a wedding, nursery is pretty much done just need to order a blind and put curtains up and get the other cot from a friend, we collect our new pram at the end of the month even though I still haven't sold my other one :(

The boys are very active at the moment

Been told I am anaemic so need to go on iron tablets though

How's everyone else doing? X

GTT. Had the drink and first bloods 40mins ago and still feel rough. Pretty sure my blood sugar is always low on waking every morning anyway. But this, nothing since last night is really rather unpleasant.

Baby kicked like mad until I got the drink in me at 9.35am! He's gonna be one of those that screams for a feed as soon as he wakes up, I can tell. I warned DH about baby being like me that way before we even started ttc pmsl.

Last edited:
Scn....yay on Tri 3 huge milestone can't wait to be there soon x

Lander...I am dreading the GTT I hate the thought of that sugar drink

I hate not feeling my wee man from one day to the next but I guess that is just how it is....with this placenta carry on.

Lander...I am dreading the GTT I hate the thought of that sugar drink

Tbh, the drink was not the worst thing I've ever had, it was like slightly thick lucozade without the fizz. the last bit gave me that sweet over kill feeling at the back of the throat but it lasted only a few seconds, had a bottle of water with me so that was good for rinsing down the leftover taste of it.

I could read the ingredients etc upside down as I drank it (was a pouch with a tube top) and there were all these different variants of glucose and it was 399kcal per 100ml :shock:

My biggest issue was feeling hot, sick and faint with not having eaten, regardless of sugar.

Lxx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back