Post-Pregnancy Brain

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Tangerinedream, Dec 30, 2007.

1. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

I know it sounds really stupid but Im back at work in 3 weeks and my brain isnt what it was. I have to write important reports and things and my written English is so bad now. Since having Jake I get words mixed up (homophones, I think Minxy called them). I used to be so meticulous but I read some of my recent posts sometimes and cringe. The forums are where I currently do most of my writing, at least at work my computer has a spell checker so I suppose I can try to muddle on a bit :?

This is how I feel most of the time these days >> :doh:

2. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

Apparently brain cells need constant stimulation to survive, without it they tend to die off... It's why when we go on holiday for two weeks to a beach and do nothing, when we come back we have issues with the photo copier.. on the up side, the brain cells can be re born... Once you get back to work and get back into exercising those brain cells on a proper level you will get back into the swing of it... you may even find your organisation skills have improved because you have had to improve those parts of your brain in order to deal with a child. :)

3. OopsyDaisy

OopsyDaisy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I find that it now takes me ages to answer a simple question as my brain is so underused.
    I bought myself a Nintendo DS and the Brain Training games to hlep give it some stimulation.

4. Emmylou

Emmylou Well-Known Member

I am always trying to keep my brain active, I love puzzles and things like that, currently addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook & Sudoku.......sad but true :oops: has helped me to stay 'on track' but then I still work FT and so I never really had enough to switch off :(

5. Flame

Flame Well-Known Member

My brain is driving me mad at the minute, I am constantly forgetting things, the simplest things like what i did a couple of nights ago and stuff like that. Its making me think i am loosing my mind :?

6. Rubys mummy

Rubys mummy Well-Known Member

Its a common side effect of pregnancy and child birth, its called CRAFT syndrome...I am a fellow sufferer :doh: ....

CRAFT Syndrome.....

Cant
    Remember
    A
    Fookin
    Thing

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

7. jools221181

jools221181 Well-Known Member

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Mine is terrible it's quite embarrassing too! Bet I have spelt that wrong too! :oops: :lol:

8. Tangerinedream

Tangerinedream Well-Known Member

:rotfl: :rotfl:

9. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

Since having Finlay I have totally lost the plot and have less of a memory span than a goldfish! :rotfl:

10. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

:rotfl:

LOL its not just me then!

11. MissThing

MissThing Well-Known Member

Exactly the same here :rotfl: By the way, whats the date today? :rotfl: :D :rotfl:

12. OopsyDaisy

OopsyDaisy Well-Known Member

I'm addicted to Facebook's Scrabulous too...also Bogglific