Post-Pregnancy Brain

Tangerinedream

Reaction score
I know it sounds really stupid but Im back at work in 3 weeks and my brain isnt what it was. I have to write important reports and things and my written English is so bad now. Since having Jake I get words mixed up (homophones, I think Minxy called them). I used to be so meticulous but I read some of my recent posts sometimes and cringe. The forums are where I currently do most of my writing, at least at work my computer has a spell checker so I suppose I can try to muddle on a bit :?

This is how I feel most of the time these days >> :doh:

Apparently brain cells need constant stimulation to survive, without it they tend to die off... It's why when we go on holiday for two weeks to a beach and do nothing, when we come back we have issues with the photo copier.. on the up side, the brain cells can be re born... Once you get back to work and get back into exercising those brain cells on a proper level you will get back into the swing of it... you may even find your organisation skills have improved because you have had to improve those parts of your brain in order to deal with a child. :)

Yeah, I find that it now takes me ages to answer a simple question as my brain is so underused.
I bought myself a Nintendo DS and the Brain Training games to hlep give it some stimulation.

I am always trying to keep my brain active, I love puzzles and things like that, currently addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook & Sudoku.......sad but true :oops: has helped me to stay 'on track' but then I still work FT and so I never really had enough to switch off :(

My brain is driving me mad at the minute, I am constantly forgetting things, the simplest things like what i did a couple of nights ago and stuff like that. Its making me think i am loosing my mind :?

Its a common side effect of pregnancy and child birth, its called CRAFT syndrome...I am a fellow sufferer :doh: ....

CRAFT Syndrome.....

Cant
Remember
A
Fookin
Thing

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Rubys mummy said:
Its a common side effect of pregnancy and child birth, its called CRAFT syndrome...I am a fellow sufferer :doh: ....

CRAFT Syndrome.....

Cant
Remember
A
Fookin
Thing

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Mine is terrible it's quite embarrassing too! Bet I have spelt that wrong too! :oops: :lol:

Rubys mummy said:

CRAFT Syndrome.....

Cant
Remember
A
Fookin
Thing

Since having Finlay I have totally lost the plot and have less of a memory span than a goldfish! :rotfl:

jools221181 said:
Rubys mummy said:

CRAFT Syndrome.....

Cant
Remember
A
Fookin
Thing

Mine is terrible it's quite embarrassing too! Bet I have spelt that wrong too! :oops: :lol:

:rotfl:

LOL its not just me then!

Emmylou said:
I am always trying to keep my brain active, I love puzzles and things like that, currently addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook & Sudoku.......sad but true :oops: has helped me to stay 'on track' but then I still work FT and so I never really had enough to switch off :(

I'm addicted to Facebook's Scrabulous too...also Bogglific

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back