Baby brain!!!

for me it has mainly been an issue with talking.

"Could you put the laptop in the freezer please' - I meant drawer....
'Shall we go and have a comfy seat on the grass' - I meant the sofa...

I did get changed at work at the end of a shift, only to realise that I had put my uniform straight back on!

Ooh, remembered one, was walking around with my top on inside out all day Wednesday! xx

Me and my boyfriend spent 20 mins looking for my car key, I'd left it in the ignition.
I put the salt in the fridge the other day.
I had to make my friends that were visiting me there tea and coffee one at a time because I couldn't remember what they took.

I have broken numerous glasses, milk, and a box of 10 eggs. I've put washing in the microwave and I put something random in the fridge!!! I'm hoping my boot sale stuff I haven't put anything I'm desperate to keep in there!!!

Oh and I lost my house keys couldn't find them anywhere oh went mad and he was storming around when he found them on the dining table next to my bag!!!

Last edited:
My sister put kettle in fridge and milk where the kettle was cxx

Haha this is a great thread-I was always a bit synical when people spoke of having baby brain but boy have I been put firmly in my place it's hilarious all of these stories. Here are some of my minor blips- squooshing my inhaler under my arm instead of deodorant, putting apricot body scrub on my toothbrush instead of toothpaste and I get changed into my uniform at work put my work top on but then put my shoes straight on with no trousers that would have looked a pretty sight not!!! I also hate forgetting what your talking about half way thru a really good story! Feel like a total nobbit!!
Its such a weird thing but good we have an excuse lol xxxx

When i was about 20weeks preg with my daughter I went for a mid week shop so not too much but enough for 4 bags. I finished and tried to get into the car and my immobiliser/car allarm beeper on my key ring had gone flat. So I picked up my bags and walked all the way home to pick up spare, 30mins with shopping while preg is hard. I had just put the key in my front door absolutely dead tired, dreading the walk back (mainly up hill) and realised I could have just bought a new battery while at the shops.

Another time I was cooking something and I was going between the oven and the stove (gas). I was stirring something and all of a sudden I could smell smoke and my hand was getting hot. The oven mit was on fire. OOPS!!!!My hand was fine though.

I like this thread. Seems alot have trouble with cars and keys, which brought back something i did and still do. this was after i found out i was pregnant.

My car is automatic, and im a carer i had finished a call gone to the car to find it wouldnt start, (had alternator problems had to bang it with a bar to start it) so i banged it, and tried to no joy. after about 15mins of trying to get the car to start i rung my office and told them the problem, told them i was ringing rac but didnt know how long it would take. anyway had a very very nice man from rac come to me, he checked everything, told me he thought it was the starter motor. he put some wires on the battery and down to the starter motor and told me to turn the engine. heres where i was red faced he looked in the car and said oh an automatic, looked at the gears put it in park and fired the car up. id lefted it in drive oops, the same day i went shopping came back to the car only to find the keys inside, oops, phones rac again and the same guy came out. lol you wouldnt believe how easy my car is to break into but it is nearly 15yrs old.

I just generally can't speak, forget words all the time!
And one morning I was sitting staring at the analogue clock in the living room, thinking there was something wrong with it cause it said it was 3 o'clock, but I was convinced it was morning not afternoon, then I realise it was pointing at 9o'clock and it was my brain that had something wrong with it lol x

I've just had what must be an ultimate baby brain moment, my mum was talking to me about dates and things I need to put on my calendar,
mum : Now i've booked to go away on the 15 of October but we'll definitely be back in time for you at the end of October, ok?
me: Oh ok ,
looking at October /November dates on the calendar and seeing nothing
me: why what's happening at the end of October?
mum: your having a baby???
me : oh yes !!!!
me thinks I better write it on the calendar Doh , lol.xx

I've just had what must be an ultimate baby brain moment, my mum was talking to me about dates and things I need to put on my calendar,
mum : Now i've booked to go away on the 15 of October but we'll definitely be back in time for you at the end of October, ok?
me: Oh ok ,
looking at October /November dates on the calendar and seeing nothing
me: why what's happening at the end of October?
mum: your having a baby???
me : oh yes !!!!
me thinks I better write it on the calendar Doh , lol.xx

Pmsl!!!!!!

We have salt and pepper grinders that sit on the table. I was cooking yesterday and seasoned the steak with salt and pepper, then later I was looking everywhere for the salt and couldn't find it. The pepper was sitting on the table by itself. Turns out, for some reason, I put the salt in the cupboard and the pepper on the table lol xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I have put my sky pin in instead of pin number at the cash point!
Given my OH my card to pay for a takeaway and nearly gave him the same sky pin number good job he knows my pin!

Sometimes i cant speak properly!

My OH is worse than me though! Milk in the cupboard instead of fridge lol and then washing powder in the fridge instead of the cupboard LMFAO!

I had a moment the other day - shaved DH's hair all over no3, did round neck & ears then wanted to touch a bit at the top up so went for it completely forgetting that I hasn't put the no3 attachment back on so he had a bald square on the top of his head lol. Poor thing, I had to shave all his hair off then on no number so it's basically just stubble on his head :( gutted!! Deffo blame baby brain xx

I had a moment the other day - shaved DH's hair all over no3, did round neck & ears then wanted to touch a bit at the top up so went for it completely forgetting that I hasn't put the no3 attachment back on so he had a bald square on the top of his head lol. Poor thing, I had to shave all his hair off then on no number so it's basically just stubble on his head :( gutted!! Deffo blame baby brain xx

Oh my goodness poor hubby , still with all the strange things we're all up to and forgetting he was rather brave to trust you in the first instance I guess he'll go to barber next time ,lol :shock:xx

I'm hoping so!! Lol then again I'm pretty on the ball when not pregnant. He shouldn't be so stingy in future tho :) xx

I've done the sky pin thing too!! I've also got money out to put in another account and stupidly put it back into the account I got it out from!! But not once but TWICE!!!!!!! I then walked off and left my card in the machine!!! It was not my day!!!!!

:rofl:

I love this thread! Lol I havn't had too many baby brain moments until today I think I had my 1st ..
I was look at baby iteams on my phone & then I noted down something I saw for bubba then started wondering were my phone was not realizing it was still in my hand :\ oops x

I SPELT FACE WRONG TODAY!!! FACE!!!
ahh hope my brain cells return after baby arrives xxx

Does anyone else feel like they've become a terrible driver? I used to consider myself a good driver but now I find I'm rubbish at parking and my judgement is totally affected by baby brain. I've clipped the kerb more times than I'd like to admit! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back