Baby brain!!!

Jayjay027

Reaction score
Ok, so I'm sure a lot of u, like me, are suffering from baby brain occasionally, and I thought it'd be funny to share our baby brain stories!

I have a few...

I have an appt at the M.E clinic this morning, got the letter last week, put it on the notice board and put a reminder in my diary.
But somehow, I started to think that the appt was yesterday, and got hubby to book the morning off work to take me!! So yesterday, we were getting ready to leave and I got my letter from the notice board and realised that I was a day early lol. Had to tell hubby to go to work and get this morning off instead lol.

And this morning, I got up and had a shower, and put on a strappy top and a pair of shorts to go eat breakfast. When I was in the bedroom picking out my clothes, I put my jeans on over my shorts and was wondering why I felt all bunched up and uncomfortable. It wasn't til I went for a pee that I saw I still had my shorts on lmao. Luckily we haven't left the house yet lol.

So I wana hear all ur baby brain stories, I thought it'd be good for a laugh lol, and I'm sure I'll have more to add soon enough lol xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I did the same thing when Alfie started nursery although I was a day late!! Bless him missed his first day :( x

i just feel myself sometimes not being able to speak properly lmfao i say to OH its baby brain but he doesnt seem to get it, he just thinks im blonde.

i forget an awful lot these days too..

I seem to have lots the ability to talk properly! I keep forgetting words and muddling up my sentences!!

I have also arrived at my dog agility class 1/2 hour late on a couple of occasions, thinking it started at 7.30 when it actually starts at 7! Only been going to these classes for the last 18 years!!

XX

Oh no I've had loads, but can't remember most of them now. Mostly stupid things like putting bottle of juice in dishwasher instead of fridge, cooking rice instead of pasta - the most annoying was when I was rushing to have lunch and I made up a bowl of cous cous and instead of putting in a dollop of butter I poured milk in it?!

I've had a few but the
Most memorable was driving down the one way system in Glasgow the wrong way :shock:

Tody I have my pants on inside out! :rotfl:

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

hhmm where do i start on baby brain??
well ive left my mobile in a shop luckily i got it back,ive put salt in the fridge,forgot to turn the iron off come back and realised hours later ,ordered food from the wrong takeaway! make tea instead of coffee and vice versa my list is endless :D

I've had loads, the worse being going to the wrong client, starting the call and then another carer turn up (oops)
Forgetting where i was going. Erm forgetting my pin number on my card and on my phone. I've put toilet roll in the over. Thinking out loud. Oh this morning (now this is funny) was in the cafe and the gentleman in front of me asked what the specials were, the girl serving said mince and onion pie and fish n chips. when asked what i would like i replied can i have a mince and fish sandwich please lol. was meant to be a bacon and tomato sandwich

Hahah this thread is epic!

Well my baby brain is shocking and thankfully OH understands it's baby brain, even when my mum asks me if I've done something even he uses the excuse for me...
"her baby brain is terrible atm"..
<3 love him!

Well. I put a pie in the microwave at work the other day (still in the packet) and I turned it over, realised it had a metal tray... Oops.

I also seem to have lost the ability to talk properly.

I answer the phone at work, people say who they are where their calling from and why, and I'm like sorry but who are you again!??

Always forgetting important stuff and just generally forgetful really!!

Ohh, I picked up a knife while making a cup of tea in the hope I could spoon sugar out with it...

Last edited:
Lmao I'm so glad I started this thread, I'm gona show my husband ur replies because he doesn't believe in baby brain!! Lol.

I've also become so clumsy!! I can't tell u how many times I've walked into my sofa or tripped up over nothing lol.

Ugh, also, I was going to make dinner, and ya know how on the oven there's 2 knobs, 1 for oven, grill etc and another for temperature? Well I turned the oven on but forgot to turn on the temperature, and had duck in for hours, when I took it out to check it and there was no heat, I literally could have cried. We had frozen pizza that night instead :( lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Brilliant thread!!

This really made me chuckle:
I made up a bowl of cous cous and instead of putting in a dollop of butter I poured milk in it?!

I've had so many BB moments, I've lost the general ability to speak coherantly.

But mine are:-

- Putting the oven on, forgetting about it and going to bed. Only get up in the night for a wee and hear it whiring and then realising - ooops!

- Constantly leaving my keys in the front door (with my car keys on) DH usually comes home to find them there.

- Leaving my car in reverse and getting out with the keys still in the ignition (I have an automatic).

Mind you, I doubt this will pass when LO arrives, it will just migrate into nappy brain! ha ha!!

xxxxxxxx

Oh dear I'm glad I'm not alone.

Phone in the fridge, Wrong pin at the cash machine or in tescos
& most embarrassing one making everyone at work a cup of tea without boiling to kettle! hor lots of yucks and eww Emma its colds :-/ x

Using tapatalk so excuse the typos!

3 weeks post pregnancy and i still cant talk properly x

Brilliant thread! So reassuring to read your stories :D

I've had a few, my main issue is talking. I forget what I'm saying half way through my sentences, struggle for the right word and just generally make a fool of myself when I open my mouth lately.

Left my keys in the door a few times and just generally misplacing them in the house. If OH knows I'm planning on going out he makes sure they're somewhere obvious for me like I'm a child lol

Exactly the same as jayjay (but a bit better lol): Last week I was cooking dinner and about half an hour in I realised the oven wasn't on properly, I'd turned the dial to get it on but totally ignored the temperature dial. The rest of dinner was cooking nicely on the hob though so had some very overcooked pasta indeed :(

I put a load of washing in the washer the other day, but instead of putting it on a wash cycle I just ended up putting it on to dry for nearly 2 hours. I couldn't understand why it was taking so long to wash!!

I went to put a loaf of bread in the oven rather than the freezer last night..

I was in biopsy theatre last week and every time I had to go and call a patient in from the waiting room, I'd get half way down the corridor and have to go all the way back to find out what their name is again...

When I've been asked for equipment i.e sutures or dressings, I have to ask them what they wanted again as I go to get it and forget what they want!

I have left the window down in my car 3 times (overnight) - I have also forgot to put the handbrake on ... we live on a hill ... but thankfully I left it in gear!

I'm usually forgetful and unorganised, so I quite like having an excuse!! x

I love this thread!

This last couple of weeks I've had absolutely no concept of days or time, I literally cannot tell what time of day it is and quite often don't believe the clock when I read it.
I'm so clumsy, my bump knocks things over and I wobble about all over the place.
I do baby brain things on a daily basis, but I actually cannot even think straight to give an example! I'm sure dh could name a few! xx

Haha best baby brain today ever. Locked my own keys in my own car lol even though it's a new car. No idea how I did it but had to get my nan to drive me to my husbands works to pick spare up so I could get it lol xxxx

Ive driven through quite a few red lights :shock:
Luckily OH has taken over the driving now. Tidying seems to take twice as long now since I put everything in the wrong place first time round.. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back