old wives tales

Kimbo

Reaction score
anyone think of some old wives tales that say what sex your baby is?
i know it a load of rubbish but still thought it would be fun and to get us thinking!

ive seen that having a hairy belly/more hairy legs etc means your having a boy because of the increased male hormones!

My mate reckons she can tell just by looking at the bump...so far she's got 5 out of 6 correct! I should ask her for lottery numbers :wink:

She is already convinced mines a girl.

ale heart beat sounds like a train.. females sounds like a galloping horse..apparently!

lisa&alex said:
ale heart beat sounds like a train.. females sounds like a galloping horse..apparently!

Oooh! Our baby's heartbeat sounds like a train (I heard it for the first time yesterday). And I have a hairier belly than usual. I want a boy, so I'm hoping that means there's a little bit of truth in it!

Ive turned into a goat :oops: :oops: - must be a boy if there is any truth in the hairy one!

If you concieved the day you ovulated - boy
If it was a couple days later - girl
Boy spermies are quicker apparently
I dont know when I ovulated so this one is no good to me though :think:

lol i concieved 2 days before i was supposed to ovulate? so im guessing i concieved as soon as i ovulated.. go team blue! lol

If you concieved the day you ovulated - boy
If it was a couple days later - girl
Boy spermies are quicker apparently

You're right, the male sperm is quicker so it is slightly more likely to be a boy if you do it on the day of ovulation or after.

But the female sperm lives longer, so it is slightly more likely to be a girl if you do it within 5 days before ovulation!

(sorry to be predantic! (sp?))

lol.. so really.. its 50/50 lol..coz im sure most who were rtying would have been haivng sex a few days before, during ovulation and after.... lol..

Ladybird said:
You're right, the male sperm is quicker so it is slightly more likely to be a boy if you do it on the day of ovulation or after.

But the female sperm lives longer, so it is slightly more likely to be a girl if you do it within 5 days before ovulation!

:doh: obviously - I blame preggers brain!!

And the male determines the sex of the baby - on my OH's side most of th 1st born babies are boys. My cousins have also had 2 girls each and surely in the law of averages there must have to be a boy somewhere along the line!

Kylie1007 said:
ella said:
Ive turned into a goat :oops: :oops: - must be a boy if there is any truth in the hairy one!
oh dear that is 'baaaaaa'd! :rotfl:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

what about the sickness thing?
apparently ur more sick if its a girl..

i haven't been sick that much, 8 times at max.. so im thinking boy :D

I got told that if you want sex more than usual its a boy and if its the same as or less than usual then its a girl.

Well I'm totally lost now! I have a train like heartbeat in my belly but I conceived a few days after ovulation! :lol:

Does anybody else think they know? I have had such a strong feeling ever since I got pregnant that I'm having a girl. I'm absolutely convinced about it and I have no idea why!

I'll be finding out at the beginning of Sept :cheer:

well....from experience.. i didnt have any morning or travel sickness with charlotte.. i had heart burn from the word go and leg cramps i hated men.. wouldnt have sex.. infact wouldnt even sit next to a man on a bus i hated them so much lol..

this time i havent gone off sex at all..infact i still want it more than hubby.. ive had morning and travel sickness and hardly any heart burn or cramps and im feeling blue vibes.. when last time i felt girl vibes..

tbh! i recon listening to your own ideas are more likly to be accurate than wifes tales??

midna said:
How the hell is everyone managing to keep thier muffs at bay with a bump in the way?
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
sorry it just sounded so funny!!

try using veet hair removal cream.
i use it all the time, even before getting pregnant and it leaves ur skin really soft too

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Oh thats made me laugh!! Trust him...let him have a go! It'll always grow back (within about a day if you're like me at the mo!!)

i heard if you carry low it's a boy...

if you carry mostly at the front (how its possible to carry at the back i dont know) then it's a girl...

also heard boy bumps are compact and neat whereas girl bumps spread everywhere... (which contradicts the previous one??!!)

um... the brown line that goes up from your pubic bone to your boobs... if you have that is more likely to be a boy, same as if you get more hairy esp if you get hairy along that brown line or on your belly...

heard if you crave sweet foods its a girl and sour foods its a boy (or it might be the other way round..) :think:

think that's all the ones i've heard. my result from those is favouring team blue, which is what i have always thought all along, but i don't know as mine will be a surprise.

midna said:
Kimbo does veet work on stubble lmao???

Pilkers I would let him have a mow at it but hes too frightened too he thinks he will cut me haha.. :rotfl: :rotfl:

course it does

i found that you have to leave it on longer though, about 6 mins but it works the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back