Lets Have Some Fun - Old Wives Tales

EllieBelle

Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to see how accurate the "Old Wives Tales" were for us all.......purely as a bit of fun.
I hilighted the ones which were true for me!

So its a boy if:
If the fetal heart rate is under 140 beats per minute (BPM), it's a boy.
Extra weight around the hips and bottom indicates a boy.
If a woman's carrying low, it's a boy.
The Hair on your legs has grown quicker during pregnancy, its a boy.
I did not have morning sickness in early pregnancy, its a boy
I have been craving salty foods, meats and cheese during my pregnancy, its a boy

Its a Girl if:

If the fetal heart rate is over 140 beats per minute, its a girl
Extra weight out front means a girl
If a woman is carrying high, it's a girl.
The hair growth on your legs has remained the same during your pregnancy, its a girl
I had morning sickness through early pregnancy, its a girl
I have been craving sweet things & fruit through my pregnancy, its a girl

Well according to the Old Wifes Tales I should be having a boy - which I am :D
Lets see how you all get on!!!

if all these are true it looks like im having a very poofy boy :rotfl:

if these were true id be having 2 girls lol but im having 2 boys xxxxxxx

Wow - the are all true for me apart from the cravings one! I should have looked into this before I had my 20 week scan and perhaps i wouldnt have been so shocked that its a girl! :D

I am having a boy and all of the boy's stuff are true for me.. :cheer:

My scan at 18 weeks suggested it was probably a girl (but she was being uncoooperative). But after reading the wives tales it is definately going to be a girl - all of the statements are true for me!

It will be interesting if my private 4D and gender scan in a couple of weeks also suggests girl. :think:

According to that I'm likely to be having a boy, this pregnancy's been really similar to my last one too and obviously I had a boy then so it could be right... we'll find out in December :D

I'm about half and half - and baby had its legs crossed at the scan! :roll:

My mum's midwife seemed fairly confident with the baby's heartrate being above or below 140 indicating sex (I took my mum to her last couple of midwife appointments as my 14 year old sister was in hospital 100 miles away for almost a month and my mum was in a right state!). Although, I'm not sure I trust her especially. I was teasing my mum saying the baby would be over 10lb because she was rather big and the midwife thought I was also a midwife! :shock: Baby Jack didn't come out anywhere near 10lb despite my mum's midwife thinking I was the new authority on predicting birth weights! :rotfl:

i thought all upfront was a boy?? Its sounding more and more like im having a girl. ive had two midwives say girl (one by the heartbeat and one by just looking at me) but i was convinced i was having a boy due to the ring and string test (its never failed me yet!)

I love he old wives tales.

Claire x

Ooooo sneaking in from Baby talk......

Every single one of the girl ones was true for me, except the morning sickness! I had none, nadda, zip!

So it's looking like there might be something in it!

I've been fascinated by these old wives tales!!!!

I can tick things off in both sections, but slightly more in girl, so I'm still not really sure!!!!.

One other thing that I read in one of these threads was that on your scan pics if you baby is lying more flat then its a girl ????? On my last scan my little one was not lying flat!! so wouldn't like to hazard a guess!!

Me and hubby also did ring test and it was going round which is supposed to be a boy??!!!

:doh: :doh: :doh:

I dont know the heart rate so cant use that one!
I have been craving salty foods, meats and cheese during my pregnancy, its a boy

Well I have 4 girl ones and 2 boy ones and Im having a girl!?

I was told yesterday I'm having a girl as the bump is spread all over (personally I think it's just fat!) as bumps are more spread with girls but all at the front with a boy. However, if it does turn out to be a girl it will make up for the fact that I keep seeing lots of trendy looking women with perfect bumps all in the right place and mine is just big and flabby looking :(

Do bumps head more to the front as you get bigger? I'm 22wks on Sunday so maybe it will redistribute itself later! And maybe the bump has to go round as I'm short and there's not a huge amount of growing space... :oops:

So its a boy if:
If the fetal heart rate is under 140 beats per minute (BPM), it's a boy.
Extra weight around the hips and bottom indicates a boy.
If a woman's carrying low, it's a boy.
I did not have morning sickness in early pregnancy, its a boy

Its a Girl if:
If the fetal heart rate is over 140 beats per minute, its a girl
The hair growth on your legs has remained the same during your pregnancy, its a girl

apparently a girl we shall see in a few weeks once i manage to book my private scan :cheer:

dont know about the heart rate but indicates boy for me we shall see lol

My midwife seemed very convinced by the heart rate thing. However, at my 4D scan we found out baby is a (very rude legs akimbo) girl but her heart rate was 126 bpm (she was fast asleep though!) It was recorded as 150 at my midwife's appointment a few weeks earlier!

I think I bit of everything rang true for me although I was definitely leaning more to blue! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back