Old wives tales... True or False?

Vicky_Gazerimmer

Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning I have had so many people telling me what gender I am having because of various reasons.

I was wondering for those ladies who have babies or now know their babies gender... where the old wives tales true or false (if they where told any)?

For example I intend on finding out in a few weeks, most people say I am having a girl cause I was very sick in the first trimester.

Anyone heard any others?

Hi
im having a girl and i was very sick in first 3months so perhaps you are. I had mothers instinct from the day i found out was pg she was girl.

I was very sick up until I was 16 weeks and i'm carrying very small.

I did all the online wifetale stuff and it all came back boy :wall:

And i'm having a girl!!! :cheer:

yeah i wernt very big till las week now im growing very fast so perhaps thats another sign for girl.

I wasn't very sick at all, had a nauseous phase for a few weeks but thats all I remember it as. I've read that lots of sickness usually means girl, so that would indicate boy for me??

Another old wives tale is cravings:

Sugar & spice - girl
Salty & Savoury - Boy

I've been craving Sweets & Salt & Vinegar crisps - so who knows......I'll find out in a couple of hours, so I'll let you know.

i was never sick with jaycee and this time im still being sick in the mornings!! :evil:
im all for salt n vinegar crisps too!
motherly vibes are boy this time, but last time was very strong girl and i was right..also like kat i showed very late with my girl, i was 5.5months lol! This time i showed at 8weeks :shock: but they say 2nd time round u show early anyway so i cant base it on that..

I wonder if the wedding ring on string works like dot did for honey on eastenders? swings round for a girl and left to right for a boy... mine swung left to right, but does it have to be YOUR wedding ring or just any old plain ring? :think:

Mine says boy on the one wanabamum done for me, but i couldnt check jaycee as they only started from 18yrs old, and with jaycee i was 17 :(

Hmm, it says girl for me on that one, but then again others i have saw say boy. It's all confusing especially when you are having a surprise and are trying to work out!!

Its horrible! Age-ist :shakehead:
Oh well! This one says boy for me, and all signs been pointing to boy recently for me!
I really want another girl but hey, ho ill get what im destined to have! :D

that one say girl for me but others have said boy :lol: ,it also says somewhere that you will have a boy if when your age at time of conception and month of conception added together equals an even number :D xx

Mine added to 26 and i had a girl...
I dont think the chinese lunar ones work very well.. i do belive in alot of old wives ones like the wedding ring on a string over ur bump...

But that one confuses me as well, some people say it goes in a circle for a girl, others say thats for a boy! :doh: :lol:

can you use an engagement ring and which is girl round and round or straight line,i can never remember :D xx

I have 2 girls and both were completely different pregnancies so i don't believe in them!

nikki1306 said:
can you use an engagement ring and which is girl round and round or straight line,i can never remember :D xx
I dont think u can use an engagement ring coz of the stone weight, think its just a plain ring that works, but i dont know..
On eastenders honeys was a girl and the ring went round and round..
Jaycee it went round and this one went left to right.. im not married just used a plain gold band on a string..
I dont know if it works but ill let u know if mines a boy or not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back