Old Wives Tales??

Jaidy

Reaction score
Here are some old wives tales regarding the sex of your baby! I wonder how true they really are....

Has anyone on this forum ever guessed the correct sex of other users babies, time and time again?? And has anyone ever had all the 'symptoms' of the old wives tales and the sex turned out to be true??

Would love to know...its so fun these guessing games lol

- If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl.

- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl.

- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl.

- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl.

- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl.

- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy.

- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl.

- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl.

- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy.

- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl.

- If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl.

- If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl.

OK LET ME TAKE A LOOK AND SEE WHAT IM HAVING :rotfl:

If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl. WELL I PREFER SLEEPING ON MY LEFT SIDE WITH ALL MY PREGNANCIES.

- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl. IVE ONLY EVER HAD EXTREME NAUSEA WITH THIS PREGNANCY AND IVE HAD THREE GIRLS BEFORE.

- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl. MY HANDS HAVE ALWAYS BEEN DRY WHEN IM PREGNANT.

- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl. MMM NOPE I AM NOT WANTING ORANGE JUICE OR ANYTHING CITRUSY

- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl. WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy. OH GOD I DEFFO FEEL CLUMSEY THIS TIME ROUND BUT I HAVE FELT LOVELT WITH PREVIOUS PREGNANCIES. ITS COZ IM SO BIG.

- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl. IVE ALWAYS GAIN WEIGHT AROUND MY FACE EXCEPT THIS TIME ROUND

- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl. IVE GONE OFF ALL SWEET THINGS

- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy.
MY LEFT IS BIGGER - BUT I DON'T REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE IN MY PREVIOUS PREGNANCIES
- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl. IM VERY MOODY.

- If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl. ITS LOW

- If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl. ITS ALL UP FRONT

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP. sO WHAT THE HECK AM I HAVING :rotfl: :rotfl:

Boy, weighing that up I think your having a boy Budge.

Il do it now....lol

- If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl. I PREFER LEFT SIDE

- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl. A LITTLE NAUSEA TO BEGIN WITH BUT NONE NOW

- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl. DRY HANDS

- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl. I LIKE OJ BUT NOT CRAVING IT AS SUCH

- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl. I HAVE TONS OF SPOTS! BUT THEN MY OH'S COUSIN HAD LOADS OF SPOTS AND HAD TWO BOYS?

- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy. CLUMSY

- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl. GAINED A BIT OF WEIGHT IN FACE, BUT NOT LOADS, GOT A ROUND FACE ANYWAY!

- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl. YEP, SALT, ALL THE WAY!

- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy. LEFT BOOBY BIGGER..I THINK?

- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl. YES MOODY!

- If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl. HIGH BUT THEN DOESNT THE BABY DROP ANYWAY LATER IN PREGNANCY??

- If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl. IM NOT SURE ABOUT THIS REALLY, I GET TOLD DIFFERENT THINGS.

So what am I having?!?!

I just dont know lol

no i think ill have another girl looking at the results. I have the same kinds of traits thistime as i did with the others. The only thing different is my bump shape. But thats a load of rubbish i think.

Its hard isnt it? I know people that have had boys and have hardly shown at all and people that have had boys and been massive, same with girls.

I think alot of it is down to baby's position, the strength of your stomach muscles and body shape

true. im most likely so big coz its my 4th and my tummys been stretched. but I was smaller with my 3rd than with my second.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm dont think we will ever know why these things happen

- If you prefer sleeping on your left side, you'll have a boy. Right side? A girl. On my left so BOY

- Extreme nausea means you are having a girl.Never had extreme nausea and have 2 girls
- If your hands are dry, you are having a boy; soft -- expect a girl. Soft so GIRL
- If you're craving citrus, you're having a girl. No craving citrus so BOY

- If your skin breaks out, expect a girl. First pregnancy where i have spots,didn't with my girls
- If you feel graceful during pregnancy, you'll have a girl. Clumsy? It's a boy. No grace here :lol: so BOY
- If you gain weight in your face, it means you're having a girl. Face is the only place that hasn't gained weight so BOY
- Craving salt? Expect a boy. A little something sweet? You're having a girl. Craving everything

- If your right breast is larger than the left, you are having a girl. If the left is larger, a boy. My boobs are the same size :shock:
- Feeling extremely moody? Expect a girl. Not moody so BOY
- If baby is low, expect a boy. High, it's a girl. I carried my girls low and this bump is high :think:
- If you're carrying in front, it's a boy. All around your middle? A girl. I carried my girls all out front :?

Well looks like i am having a suprise :rotfl: xx

Exactly hun :?
I keep doing those little gender prediction tests online,but now i cheat cause i know what you need to tick to get BOY!!!! :wall: :rotfl: xx

I know this is what puzzles me....im gonna find out lol

Here is some info on bump height apparantly the TRUTH? :?

If you're carrying high, it's a girl. Oh, sure, this is true. Just like if you refuse to eat the heel of a loaf of bread, then you're having a girl. It's a boy if your hands are dry. It's a girl if you crave orange juice. And it's a boy if your feet are cold.

"Everyone wants to offer their opinion," says Lyuba Konopasek, M.D., a pediatrician at New York-Presbyterian Weill Cornell Medical Center. "When I was pregnant, I had all kinds of people on the street tell me the gender of my baby-to-be."

While there is absolutely no truth to the carrying high or low wives' tale, says Jonathan Schaffir, M.D., an assistant professor of obstetrics and gynecology at Ohio State University, the myth persists because "you have a 50-50 chance of being right." The only thing carrying high means is that it is probably your first pregnancy. The girdle-like muscles that hold the uterus against the spine and keep the baby high above the pelvis become more elastic with each pregnancy, so the belly may hang lower each time (you may start showing earlier, too).

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Its all myths really but good fun nevertheless!

It is fun Jaidy!

I spent the whole of the first tri puking but most other old wives tales pointed to a boy, including the heartbeat being lower than 140 and sounding like a train. I couldn't touch citrus fruits in the first tri and even orange squash made me sick! Everyone kept telling me I'll have a boy!

As soon as I had my scan and found out I'm having a girl my bump started looking like a girl bump, I became addicted to oranges and sweets and everyone tells me they can tell I'm having a girl! I guess that's easy when you know isn't it :lol:

http://pregnancyandbaby.com/pregnancy/b ... 6.htm//url

Try this girls for a bit of fun,maybebaby posted it in off topic :D xx

This is what i got :D

Madame Zaritska's reading

What she senses for you
The day you deliver, outside will be windy. Your baby will arrive in the evening.

After a labor lasting approximately 5 hours, your child, a boy, will be born. Your baby will weigh about 9 pounds, 15 ounces, and will be 18-1/2 inches long. This child will have light blue eyes and be almost bald.

Happy with all of that apart from the 9lb 15oz's bit ,maybe knock a couple of pound off that and i would say perfect xx

Hey Nikki that was well fun!!

I did it twice though with the same answers and got two totally different readings!!! :shock:

JaidyBaby said:
Hey Nikki that was well fun!!

I did it twice though with the same answers and got two totally different readings!!! :shock:

You are only meant to do it once hun :lol: xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back