Babies sex...old wives tales!!!??

hels

Reaction score
Hey.... just been reading about the heart rate theory, out of curiousity just wondering if any one knows any other old wives tales how to tell if its a girl or boy? thought it would be fun to hear them!

Well I have heard quite a few.

The other day I read that if your left breast is bigger than your right then you are having a boy, and vice versa!

Well my left breast is def bigger than my right so it might be a boy! :lol:

Also I heard that if you crave sweet then it is a girl and if you crave savoury (which I am) then it is a boy.

I know a lot of these things are old wives tales but practically everyone that I have read so far points to a boy and when I looked it up on the chinese gender prediction chart thing, it said a boy as well!

If a girl pops out now I will be very surprised!

Well I have just found these and my left breast theory has been thrown out of the window! It seems I might be having a girl now. :lol:

You're more likely to be carrying a boy if...

• Your baby's heartbeat is lower than 140 beats per minute

• you're carrying all out front

• you're carrying low

• you're blooming in pregnancy

• you didn't suffer from morning sickness in your first trimester

• your right breast is bigger than your left

• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute and your pupils dilate

• you crave salty food or protein, such as cheese and meat

• your feet become cold more quickly than before you were pregnant

• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it moves in circles

• your skin becomes dry

• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is even

• your hair has become more full-bodied and shiny during pregnancy

• the hair on your legs has been growing faster during pregnancy

• you are more prone to headaches

• your pillow faces north when you sleep

• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms down

• you lie on your left side when sleeping

• your urine is bright yellow

• you were the more aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived

• you eat a clove of garlic and the smell seeps out of your pores

• your previous child's first word was "dada".

You're more likely to be having a girl if…

• Your baby's heartbeat is faster than 140 beats per minute

• you're carrying all round

• you're carrying high

• you've missed the "blooming" period altogether

• you suffered morning sickness during your first twelve weeks

• your left breast is bigger than your right

• you look at yourself in the mirror for at least a minute, but your pupils don't dilate

• you crave sweet things, such as juice, fruit and sweets

• you tie your wedding ring to some thread, hang it over your stomach and it swings from side to side

• your skin is soft

• you are more moody than usual

• you're asked to show your hands and you present them palms up

• you were the less aggressive partner during love-making when you conceived

• you eat a clove of garlic, but you don't smell of it

• you combine your age at the time of conception with the number of the month you conceived and the resulting number is odd

• your hair has become thinner and dull during pregnancy

• you lie on your right side when sleeping

• your pillow faces south when you sleep

• your urine is dull yellow

• your previous child's first word was "mama".

He he he......I think im having a mixture!!!!! breasts are just big, neither bigger than the other! although tied engegement ring (suitable swap???) and it swung side to side, so may be a girl! thanks for your reply, small things please small minds and all that !!!

wow, pretty much all of the girls ones i said yes to!!

Oh dear mines a boy-girl. Going to be difficult to break the news to DH.
My bump is boy shaped but I can't ever remember being less blooming or more sick. :lol:

a good one which worked for both of my two was to look at the baby's head on the scan picture - if the back of the head is flatter then its a boy - if its rounded then its a girl......worked with mine!!

Well according to those points I'm having a boy, which I think I'm having anyhoo. Only 3 weeks 2 days til my scan :D :D :D

I think im having a boy to but i think its gonna kick me in the butt and be a girl hahah either way i will be a happy clam!

My babys heartbeat is always over 150 and it is a boy...So I guess that throws the heartbeat theory out the window :)
But I did do the chinese chart and it said boy...And I know a lot of people who did the chinese chart and it was right on...So maybe? LoL

woho, im havin a shemale, lol, i answered 50/50 to those listed there, lol. I have this niggly feeling tho that i am having a girl, i know its stupid but i kinda wanna boy, i wnt really car eeither way, but my family is overun with girls jus thought it wud be nice to have some guys in the family, lol.
Ahhh well 5 weeks and i find out the sex, yipeeeee

bec x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back