OH is a weed smoker... advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
i posted on here after reading half of the first page... didnt realise how heated it got!

Everybody has different opinions... but i think its what is scientifically proven to be safer and healthier for our babies that is more important.

xx

Smirk ....
Sorry but it did make me smirk a bit to myself coz it was funny!
Sent from my HTC Desire S using Tapatalk

Was in the middle of a lengthy reply then.realised its not worth arguing over, all I will say is, in my best scouse accent "calm down. Calm down"
And as a wise old man once said, if you throw a rock into calm waters, expect the ripples to grow, .. peace x

who's childish, judgemental and nasty now :clap:

With all respect you started jumping on people first. I do understand your opinion however not many people agree with it and you should respect their opinion too. Plus the thread started has asked for help how to get rid of the addiction and not asking whether it's ok.
Personally I don't see how smoking weed or speeding is acceptable no matter how many people break the law, it doesn't make it right.
But then again, I can't stop people breaking the law, it's their own choice

I never said i didnt respect other's opinion's they obv dont respect mine , and i never once got personal about anyone unlike the last few posts especially the smirk!

I jumped in my first post without having all the facts i 'assumed' she had been serious enough with OH to make a life whilst knowing he smoked , that is how it sounded at first until she explained later.

And in my other posts i defended myself and my opinion on my own OH smoking not her's

I do expect ripples to grow if i am contraversial in my opinion , but not for it to turn into a personal attack on me

I understand what you are saying, and Im sorry for.smirking at cosmics comment its just that it did make me smirk, I don't want to attack you, or anybody on here, that's not what I'm about,
But you must admit you did make some rather silly remarks that have obviously got peoples backs up, and you were coming across as very judgemental in your comments, but I do recognise that my smirk comment was a bit stupid and for that I do apologise,
I am sorry... For the smirk, x

Yeah people got my back up so i responded . I apologise to the poster of the topic for jumping to conclusions and that is all , for my opinion on my OH and weed it doesnt cause any of the problems mentioned so i guess i'm lucky , i have been in past relationships where drugs have been a problem , not weed but other drugs and i am well educated on the downfalls and have lived and survived living with an addict where it became violent and problematic but for me OH is not slow or 'stoned' or unreliable , and he can take or leave it , so i stand by what i said.

I almost.. almost.. began to feel guilty for posting the smirk and almost felt sorry for you to the point where I began to question my own motives for replying to this post... Then... I read the thread again from the beginning and saw through it all. How rediculous, your ill thought our responses to this, caused the whole thing, you simply can't jump on the bandwagon judging people with your own ideas and pro-weed propaganda, when somebody has a legitimate problem that they are asking for advice on, get nasty, and then cry innocent when people give you stick for it.

Thats the thing when people think what they are doing is right. they are over opinionated and they are speaking the truth and everyone else, medical studys ect are just rubbish, right?

Weed can cause long and short term problems, just because you dont see anything right now doesnt mean it isnt doing anything.

You're right sparkle, the effects of weed are multiple and effect the user in many different ways but I also look at the bigger picture.....
Where do you get it from, you grow it yourself (I'm not even going to start about that with children in the house) or you buy from a dealer? Where does the dealer get it from? Who is involved in trafficking it? Illegal immigrants growing and distributing it? Other illegal activities that are heavily linked to this kind of criminal practice?? So maybe it doesn't effect you right here, right now personally BUT it has a massive ripple effect. Buying drugs from a dealer impacts on others - FACT
You also have to think about the message you are sending your child - weed is acceptable. 78%of people who smoke weed go on to take harder drugs - FACT (BMJ 2009 if anyone wants the ref)
Would you then be happy for your child to smoke weed as an adult by your example? Would you be happy for your child to have contact with drug dealers?
Then there is the issue of drugs in the house with a lo, look at the stats for accidental drug consumption in under 5's, it's heartbreaking.
I won't go on about the drain on the NHS that is caused by people suffering paranoia, psychosis and a whole host of psychological illness.

If he has been smoking it for 20years you have to be realistic - he is not going to be able to give it up either overnight or possibly at all. You need to have a serious talk with him but in all honesty hun I would say you have your work cut out for you.

It is probably one of the hardest drugs to give up - its almost a way of life for him now!

Maybe showing him some facts about what it could potentially do to babies health might give him a bit of motivation.

x

Ok... I smoked weed for 2 years before meeting my OH who was also a weed smoker. I gave up smoking weed and cigarettes when I was about 7 weeks pregnant (about 3 weeks after finding out). At the time I said to OH that I understand how difficult it is to give up but I would like him to try, and I certainly didn't want him smoking in the same room as me. Since then he has managed to quit cigarettes entirely and now only smokes weed. Ok, so doing things the other way round probably would have been better right? Give up smoking weed then work on the fags at a later date? But... Now he has managed to quite fags he's going to start trying to stop smoking weed. By cooking it up in flapjacks or brownies. Not only does he then not have to worry about exhaling toxic fumes around me and the baby (cause he's eating it instead) but any weed he does have will last longer, since the high off of edibles lasts much longer than a joint or a bong. Anyway... Once the smoking aspect has well and truly stopped bothering him cause he's still getting his high, just in a different way, he's going to give up that as well. He had been smoking for 6 years before I met him. So yehh... It doesn't happen overnight, so far it's been 7-ish months and I don't expect him to have quit completely until at least christmas. Coming from personal experience I know how hard it is.

I guess what I'm trying to say is no, I don't think you are over reacting, but that (especially after 20 years) he will need time. I don't believe it is acceptable to have drugs around children, but at the end of the day if I were to leave my child with somebody under the influence of anything I would much prefer it to be weed than speed, coke, ket even alcohol. I have looked after children whilst stoned in the past and honestly, it just makes it more fun! So long as you haven't smoked to excess you're reactions are fine, you still know what you are doing and what is going on. But that's my personal opinion.

Unless you have smoked weed you can't really judge those who do, as you don't know what it is like... It seriously isn't as bad as people make it out to be...
Unless you've been addicted you can't say how hard/easy it is to quit... I found it much harder than cigarettes... Indeed, there is only a minor physical ediction. But the mental addiction is unbelievable.

Yes. Weed is illegal. It is a "drug" BUT it is also a natural plant. It's not something made of hundreds of harsh chemicals.

Do what you think is right hun. (I hope I don't get jumped on for what I have said, this does seem to be quite an irate thread) xx

In my honest opinion if u wanna stop something u stop whether it be cold turkey or with help. None of this 'it relaxes u crap 'etc. Having a beer relaxed me but as soon as I found out I was preggers I haven't had a sip!! Over 10 months!' if all people can do is make an excuse as to why they smoke it then they clearly are addicted.
Having my son comes first and I can't even fathom why people wouldn't just sped themselves out! That also included cig smokers too. If u can make a child then be grown up enough to stop messing with drugs and fags. These things can affect your health and baby's health . X

Also true... Although fabwisp's OH is obviously not affected by this hense the bump xx lol x

LOl! Bump wasn't planned and I was on pill so definately not.!

I have looked after children whilst stoned in the past and honestly, it just makes it more fun!

I really dont want to be nasty but I actually find the above quote quite worrying :( sorry x

Yeah people got my back up so i responded . I apologise to the poster of the topic for jumping to conclusions and that is all , for my opinion on my OH and weed it doesnt cause any of the problems mentioned so i guess i'm lucky , i have been in past relationships where drugs have been a problem , not weed but other drugs and i am well educated on the downfalls and have lived and survived living with an addict where it became violent and problematic but for me OH is not slow or 'stoned' or unreliable , and he can take or leave it , so i stand by what i said.

Again I ask you the question... WOULD YOU LEAVE A NEWBORN BABY WITH YOUR PARTNER AFTER HE HAS SMOKED?

WOULD YOU GET IN TO A CAR WITH HIM AFTER HE HAS SMOKED? DOES HE DRIVE AFTER SMOKING?

You have given your opinion and I have taken it on board. But you seem to be ignoring my responses to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back