*** October 2019 Mummies ***

So I had my scan today. Such a relief it’s over as I was so nervous. It went really well and she kept saying that everything looked great. In Canada they fax the report to the midwife so I’m going to phone them tomorrow to see what the baby was measuring at etc. I did see on the screen though something about 30th percentile and 22 weeks. I’m 21 weeks 2 days today. So measuring ahead a wee bit. I did at my 12 week scan too.

Then it was time for the gender......

It’s a....girl!!!:pink: I had had an inkling and kept thinking it was a girl but then I also convinced myself this morning it was a boy lol so myself and the husband were shocked but very happy regardless!

Hope everyone is doing well. 7 more weeks and then it’s the third trimester or even less for some of you guys!

So glad your scan went well! Aw, another girl for our group :) <3 ... I'll update the first page :) ... Now onto thinking about names! We are gonna struggle agreeing on a name!

Omg, 3rd tri cannot be that soon! It is all going too fast!

Hi. I’m still lurking. This thread is always so quiet, there aren’t many October mummy’s at all. I am 28 weeks tomorrow, had a growth scan today. All is well, baby is on the larger side estimated 2lb 12oz already, if he keeps going I will be in line for a 10lber. My last boy was 9lb 9oz though so it’s perfectly feasible. I’m struggling to sleep abit at night now, but apart from that I’m not feeling too bad at the moment. Hope your all doing well. Where is everyone from by the way? I’m in Shropshire, UK.

Hi. I’m still lurking. This thread is always so quiet, there aren’t many October mummy’s at all. I am 28 weeks tomorrow, had a growth scan today. All is well, baby is on the larger side estimated 2lb 12oz already, if he keeps going I will be in line for a 10lber. My last boy was 9lb 9oz though so it’s perfectly feasible. I’m struggling to sleep abit at night now, but apart from that I’m not feeling too bad at the moment. Hope your all doing well. Where is everyone from by the way? I’m in Shropshire, UK.

Yeah don't really know what happened to the thread. A lot of the mummies in first tri posted once or twice and then never came back. It's a bit sad, as the other threads are so active and supportive. Oh well!

Glad baby is growing well. I don't really know what size is normal for babies - I might have a smaller baby as some measurements were 10th percentile at my last scan. Will see how she is at my next scan at 33 weeks.

I've been feeling pretty good overall. My skin is a bit dry and scaly but probably because I have been sitting in front of a heater 24/7 lol.

I'm from Sydney, Australia :)

Pupperino how come you’re having a scan at 33 weeks? Is that a private one or did they suggest it? I’m tempted to go for a private scan just to see her again!!

I have a midwife apt next week so I’m hoping they do the fundal measurement then so I know how she’s measuring . It’s so weird with scans here as all I found out from my 20 week scan is that baby was fine and doing well etc and she’s measuring a day ahead. I wanna know what percentile she is just out of curiosity! So I’m going to have to ask at my apt next week. The sonographers here aren’t allowed to tell you anything by law.

I’m from the UK but live in Canada, a couple hours north of Toronto.

Pupperino how come you’re having a scan at 33 weeks? Is that a private one or did they suggest it? I’m tempted to go for a private scan just to see her again!!

I have a midwife apt next week so I’m hoping they do the fundal measurement then so I know how she’s measuring . It’s so weird with scans here as all I found out from my 20 week scan is that baby was fine and doing well etc and she’s measuring a day ahead. I wanna know what percentile she is just out of curiosity! So I’m going to have to ask at my apt next week. The sonographers here aren’t allowed to tell you anything by law.

I’m from the UK but live in Canada, a couple hours north of Toronto.

The hospital organised it because I had a low lying placenta at my 20 week scan. If it doesn’t move up by 33 weeks, will have to have a c section :( ... the midwife wasn’t concerned, she said that it will move so will wait and see!

Surely you can ask for a copy of the scan report and it would have all the numbers of that! I have to remember to get a copy at my next midwifes appt to give to my GP. The sonographer didn’t tell us anything either, but the private one I had at 12 weeks seemed to give lots of information away!

Aah ok, I think that’s quite common so fingers crossed it will move up! And that’s good your midwife wasn’t concerned! And that’s lovely you’ll get to see her again

Yeah I’m gonna ask for a copy of it at my midwife apt this week. I just haven’t had an apt with her since my 20 week scan!

Aah ok, I think that’s quite common so fingers crossed it will move up! And that’s good your midwife wasn’t concerned! And that’s lovely you’ll get to see her again

Yeah I’m gonna ask for a copy of it at my midwife apt this week. I just haven’t had an apt with her since my 20 week scan!

Yeah seems that way - also have fingers crossed that it will move. DH just has this attitude of skip the labour and have the baby “cut out” it’s so much easier and better :roll: haha, no idea!

Hope your appt goes well! Let us know how you go! I have mine tomorrow morning :)

Had my 25 week apt today. All went well. Heard the heartbeat again and she even kicked at the Doppler! She’s a very active bean!

She measured my fundal height and said I’m 2 behind, so of course I was worrying lol but she said 2 behind or in front is totally fine. She said because I am slim they wouldn’t expect me to have a big baby anyways and as long as I follow a growth curve rather than going up and down, that’s more important than measuring bang on dates. So that made me feel better. I’ve always been ahead by a couple of days so I expected I’d be more to my dates but she didn’t seem worried at all and kept saying it was normal. Damn I hate how much I worry haha

I’m going for my glucose test tomorrow. It’s not necessary here but I figured I’d get it done so it’s one less thing to worry about!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Had my 25 week apt today. All went well. Heard the heartbeat again and she even kicked at the Doppler! She’s a very active bean!

She measured my fundal height and said I’m 2 behind, so of course I was worrying lol but she said 2 behind or in front is totally fine. She said because I am slim they wouldn’t expect me to have a big baby anyways and as long as I follow a growth curve rather than going up and down, that’s more important than measuring bang on dates. So that made me feel better. I’ve always been ahead by a couple of days so I expected I’d be more to my dates but she didn’t seem worried at all and kept saying it was normal. Damn I hate how much I worry haha

I’m going for my glucose test tomorrow. It’s not necessary here but I figured I’d get it done so it’s one less thing to worry about!

Hope everyone is doing good!

Aw glad your appt went well and you heard that heartbeat <3

I had my appt yesterday and my fundal was 1.5 behind and she also wasn’t concerned. She said I would be sent for a scan if I was +/- 3. My appetite has seriously escalated in the last 2 weeks so I’m sure my growth will catch up haha.

Good luck with your glucose test! Will be curious how you find the drink and sitting around for hours! Mine will be done around 27 weeks - everyone has to do it here. Sigh!

That’s good to know then! I guess some people just have big babies and some don’t. Plus some babies seem to pack it all on at the end! Lol I definitely go through stages when I can feel everything stretching tons.

Oh ok, they only do it for those who are at ‘risk’ but I think then you can still decline. My only factor is that I’m over the age of 30 but I figured I’d do it anyways since I’m a general worrier haha I have until the end of July to do the test but tomorrow works out best in regards to having to miss some hours of work etc

Also, this is the initial test so they take your blood, you drink the drink, wait an hour and then take your blood. if you test positive then you have to wait for hours again at another date but this first test is just to wait an hour! I’ll let you know how it goes!!

That’s good to know then! I guess some people just have big babies and some don’t. Plus some babies seem to pack it all on at the end! Lol I definitely go through stages when I can feel everything stretching tons.

Oh ok, they only do it for those who are at ‘risk’ but I think then you can still decline. My only factor is that I’m over the age of 30 but I figured I’d do it anyways since I’m a general worrier haha I have until the end of July to do the test but tomorrow works out best in regards to having to miss some hours of work etc

Also, this is the initial test so they take your blood, you drink the drink, wait an hour and then take your blood. if you test positive then you have to wait for hours again at another date but this first test is just to wait an hour! I’ll let you know how it goes!!

Indeed, my coworker said she was much "bigger" than me at this stage and had a bigger baby who came 4 weeks early! So lots of variation out there.

I thought it was at risk only too, but nope - we all have to do it. So lucky that you only have to wait one hour for the first test, makes it nice and easy! I have to do the full 3 hour test - so initial bloods, 1 hour and then 2 hours. Sigh!

I think it's worth doing the test, lots of people get GD without having symptoms. So I think it's always safer to rule it out :) x

Oh wow! They only do that longer test if you don’t pass the first test. So i have twenty minutes left and then they test my blood and then I’m free to go. It’s weird they didn’t test my blood when I first got here tho, I questioned it as that’s what the handout said but I guess they know what they’re doing...lol The drink wasn’t bad at all! It weirdly tasted kinda nice haha It took me a bit to drink it but then I always find it hard to drink tons in one go.

Yes that’s exactly why I decided to do it, just to be on the safe side.

Oh wow! They only do that longer test if you don’t pass the first test. So i have twenty minutes left and then they test my blood and then I’m free to go. It’s weird they didn’t test my blood when I first got here tho, I questioned it as that’s what the handout said but I guess they know what they’re doing...lol The drink wasn’t bad at all! It weirdly tasted kinda nice haha It took me a bit to drink it but then I always find it hard to drink tons in one go.

Yes that’s exactly why I decided to do it, just to be on the safe side.

Ah, interesting that you found the drink okay! My SIL said she had to fight back vomiting it all back up lol. Guess I'll find out for myself in a few weeks :D

Hope the test comes back fine!

I've been so up and down, I have no idea if I am sick or if it's just pregnancy related. I have been a walking zombie today and had the longest nap ever this afternoon. Only 2.5 weeks left of tri 2 for me :shock: ... It's all going very fast!

I felt nervous about drinking it as I had heard others thought it was gross! I just drank it slowly as I sometimes feel sick if I drink too much too quickly. You’ll be fine! I kept scrolling Facebook and Instagram to distract me while drinking it haha

Aw sorry to hear you’re not feeling great. It could just be pregnancy related, even though we’re still in tri 2, I’m starting to feel more tired and having to walk slower etc

At least the weekend is here now so I’d try to relax when you can! I’ve gone to a bit of a sloth on days when I’m really tired but I don’t really care haha

Bump update :)

I still feel quite small even though I’ve gained 10kgs this trimester lol! :oops::lol:

FFAD7622-0D35-4115-8898-A9E5334B6CA7.jpeg

Such a cute bump pic!

How are you feeling? i've felt like i'm back in the first trimester again lol exhausted in the evenings and during the days. i'm trying to get more exercise as i've felt so sloth like lately but it's in the mid 30s here so it's felt waaaay too hot!

I've also had some bad leg cramps, although those have subsidized for now. We think we've finally picked a name, just have to think of a middle name now.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok. I guess we'll need to start a trimester 3 thread soon?!!

Such a cute bump pic!

How are you feeling? i've felt like i'm back in the first trimester again lol exhausted in the evenings and during the days. i'm trying to get more exercise as i've felt so sloth like lately but it's in the mid 30s here so it's felt waaaay too hot!

I've also had some bad leg cramps, although those have subsidized for now. We think we've finally picked a name, just have to think of a middle name now.

Hope everyone else is feeling ok. I guess we'll need to start a trimester 3 thread soon?!!

I'm feeling okay! I had a period of exhaustion and pain a few weeks ago, but seem to be okay now! Oh I am dreaming for mid 30s right now haha. Have you tried going swimming? I find that a really nice type of exercise!

Oh and the cramps are unreal - feel your pain :(

Oooh that's so exciting that you picked a name! So curious with what you have decided! DH and I haven't talked about names in aaaages - clearly avoiding the topic til close to the end hehe x

I hope we get an update from the others soon. I'm not tri 3 til next week - but feel free to start one if you want! Otherwise, I'll open a thread soonish xx

I’m not tri 3 until Monday! I guess there’s no rush especially as it’s so quiet on the October board!

We’re surrounded by lakes where we live so I have been swimming now that they’re warm enough. It’s nice because the bump becomes weightless! But I should go more.

That’s funny cos I guess it’s winter there, eh! And you’ll have a summer baby and I’ll have a winter baby haha

I’m going to try Hypnobirthing soon as I’ve heard lots of good things about it. I was watching some videos about it last night. I really want to be in a positive mindset for the birth. I’m not worried about the pain, I think it just seems intimidating because it’s somrthing that’s unknown and that you’ve never done before.

Do you guys not agree on similar names then? We had a hard time tbh! As we both liked different ones but we finally both liked this one.

Have you started to think about when you’ll stop working?

I’m not tri 3 until Monday! I guess there’s no rush especially as it’s so quiet on the October board!

We’re surrounded by lakes where we live so I have been swimming now that they’re warm enough. It’s nice because the bump becomes weightless! But I should go more.

That’s funny cos I guess it’s winter there, eh! And you’ll have a summer baby and I’ll have a winter baby haha

I’m going to try Hypnobirthing soon as I’ve heard lots of good things about it. I was watching some videos about it last night. I really want to be in a positive mindset for the birth. I’m not worried about the pain, I think it just seems intimidating because it’s somrthing that’s unknown and that you’ve never done before.

Do you guys not agree on similar names then? We had a hard time tbh! As we both liked different ones but we finally both liked this one.

Have you started to think about when you’ll stop working?

Oh you're not too far behind me then! I'm still in denial that I will be third tri on Thursday haha.

Living by lakes sounds so lovely! I find swimming so helpful for my back pain :) - love the weightless feeling!

Yeah i agree with wanting to approach birth with a positive mindset. I thought about Calmbirth classes but they were so expensive! So I'll just do my research and try and be psychologically strong - who knows what will happen! I have regular birthing classes booked next month.

DH and do have names we both like, but we have different favourite ones if that makes sense! He also dislikes many names I like which makes it difficult!

I work three different jobs at the moment, so I will scale back one by one. So probably drop the first one by 33 weeks, the second by 36 weeks and the last one at this stage I'll be working til 38 weeks. Unfortunately the last job are being difficult and refusing to give me paid sick leave toward the end. So I'm having a bit of back and forth with HR, as I'd like to finish earlier! It's only 2 days a week and it might be fine, but also feeling a bit apprehensive working til 38! When will you be finishing? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back