November Mummies! <3

I had no signs. I started having BH in bed around 11pm but they felt weird to say they aren't meant to be painful, and they weren't they just had a bit of a twinge to them? Then eventually got more powerful. Austin was born at 06:48. Xx

Aww congrats!!!

I'm the last one I think?? 40+5 and not dilating. Midwife referred me to see if they'll do a sweep on Monday but she said they'll probably say no and make you wait until 42+0 which really upset me. Stupid country

Aww really sorry to hear your still waiting
I was 40+6 when I had Lola and going overdue was such a pain
I got induced due to my waters breaking otherwise I dint think I would of started naturally

I had a sweep in the Friday a big show Saturday /Sunday my waters didn't break till Tuesday had her Wednesday

xxx

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

How's everyone doing? Who fancies a new baby thread to keep up to date? Or even a private Facebook group or something? X

Sounds good. I&#8217;m so in love with baby Lacey. Her two big brothers can&#8217;t get enough of her &#55357;&#56832; x

Hi girls
I'd love to have a new baby thread on here as i'm not on Facebook
Could we start one over in baby and parenting?

Awww Nat, so glad baby Lacey finally arrived , my little boy adores his sister too, so sweet

I'm struggling with bf and she's in mainly bottles now which has upset me, but I just wasn't filling her, she's up and down all night and I'm like a permanent zombie atm lol
How's everyone else getting on with feeding /sleeping

xxx

I had to stop breastfeeding too, he just wouldn&#8217;t go on and would scream for like 20 minutes getting himself all worked up. He&#8217;d go bright red and it just kept upsetting me which made it harder for him, and I had to keep giving him to my husband to settle before trying him again which made me feel awful. Plus my nipples looked like battered raspberries! We managed about a week exclusively on the breast and started to express. Now I&#8217;ve bought an electric pump and he&#8217;s getting around 2 expressed bottles from me and the rest is the ready made little blue Aptamil bottles. Finding it really difficult to find the time to pump though, especially when I&#8217;m on my own. Ideally I&#8217;d like him just on breastmilk but it&#8217;s just not feasible so I&#8217;ve come to accept it now and feel less guilty. Xx

Looks like I'm having a December baby. Just had to beg for a sweep so fed up. Feel like everyone I've spoken to said sweep didn't work for them.

I have been breast feeding but oh my goodness how hard is it? One of my nipples ended up really sore, gonna try go with it for a bit and see how I go. It&#8217;s one of the hardest things I&#8217;ve had to do.

Hoping it will get easier, if not I&#8217;ll go to formula. My boys we&#8217;re formula fed so this is the first time breast feeding x

I feel so guilty that bf is going well for me. He latched on within minutes of being born during skin to skin. I feel quite lucky but guilty because everyone I talk to has had trouble or has stopped completely.

Everytime I find it difficult and he’s niggly and won’t latch on, I take him off and give him lots of kisses which usually calms him down and try again.

He’s fed LOTS today and been awake and alert for hours, so hoping for a good nights sleep tonight! Health visitor came and he’s gaining weight “exceptionally well” which I’m really chuffed with.

Hope you’re all having plenty of bubba cuddles!

Have you had a sweep yet? Sweep deffo worked for me. I had a sweep at 3pm and started having contractions at 4am the following morning. My little one’s second cousin was born today after having a sweep.

I have been breast feeding but oh my goodness how hard is it? One of my nipples ended up really sore, gonna try go with it for a bit and see how I go. It’s one of the hardest things I’ve had to do.

Hoping it will get easier, if not I’ll go to formula. My boys we’re formula fed so this is the first time breast feeding x

Do you get a sore nipple whilst feeding? If it is, maybe the latch isn’t correct.
Sorry if I sound patronising because I’m by no means an expert, but bf shouldn’t hurt whilst feeding and if it is maybe try to take baby off and try again, making sure he has a big mouthful of boob.

In the area where I live there is a huge facebook breastfeeding support group. People post questions and ask for help and theres always a solution to any problem

Yeah I&#8217;m struggling to get her to latch but I must say today has been a better day. Got some help from my community midwife yesterday as the midwifes in the hospital weren&#8217;t supportive at all! I have felt better today. It&#8217;s a lovely bonding time.

Thanks for replying Cati. Any help and advice is appreciated x

I was in the same boat with my daughter when breastfeeding. I still don't think she was latched on properly and she was just starving. They were some of the worst nights we had. Longest nights. This time round has been a whole new experience bottle feeding. I didn't realise that newborns weren't meant to cry that much and my boy rarely cries (aside from his 2 'colicky' hours which touch wood he's been good tonight!) Those feeling guilty really don't! My daughter went play group with exclusively breastfed kids who had eczema, asthma etc and my daughter (touch wood) hasn't had either. Also (not to boast) her language development by far exceeded all of them. She's a happy healthy 3yo so as much as I felt guilty for stopping BFing at 2 weeks, she hasn't suffered. Please don't feel guilty! X

It’s all about making it work for you I guess and making sure you enjoy raising and feeding your baby, it doesn’t really matter how as long as you’re both happy!

Does anyone else co-sleep?
I had a nightmare trying to get him to sleep on his own in hospital and in his next to me crib. He would just cry the second I put him down. So I decided that my sleep is important too as his on demand milk truck, so I bought him into my bed. Some of the midwives have freaked out when they asked if I co-sleep, but once I explain to them how I do it (his own blanket, away from any duvets or pillows, me on my side with arm propped above him and knees up so I’m like a C shape around him so I don’t roll over) they’re happy with it. As long as we’re both happy and sleeping well and doing it safely, thats the important thing I think.

I think what I’m enjoying most is the progress we’re both making and every day getting a bit easier. Not that I found it difficult to begin with, but every day I feel a bit more comfortable and happy and I’m really proud of that :)

Looks like I'm having a December baby. Just had to beg for a sweep so fed up. Feel like everyone I've spoken to said sweep didn't work for them.

Hi T2186

I used to come on here quite regularly, but have been quietly reading the forum anyway but not posting (was too scared to interrupt - idiot I know)

I’m a week overdue now too. Was due on the 25th. Really fed up!
It’s my second baby so they won’t sweep me until 41 weeks, so have to ring today to try and get a home visit for a sweep.

I’ve tried everything! And I’ve given up now. Booked to be induced Friday if baby still doesn’t make an arrival!

December babies for us chicken xx

I don't co sleep. Nor would I because I am far too much of a worrier, I'm all for the sleeping flat on back/no loose covers/nothing in crib. My 3yo only got a pillow recently! Haha

However one of my closest friends has done this for the last 3 years & her daughter has always been perfectly fine. (Not to worry you but yes she still sleeps in bed with her mum, dad works away most of the week so I would try and get little one sleeping alone before the age they'll start kicking up a fuss)

I firmly but gently (enough for him to feel it) pressed my hand on LOs chest whilst he was in his basket for the first few days/week to let him know I was close and this settled him. He now sleeps quite well on his own. We also use white noise. But if it's more of a feeding issue I don't have any advice as we're bottle feeding. We all have to do what works for us and if it's working for you, brilliant! X

I've set up a thread in baby and toddler! :) xx

I exclusively breastfed my little boy for almost 3 years so I do feel a bit of a failure, she's still going on but amd feeling a few times a day but mainly having aptimil formula

Good luck with your sweep, hope it sets things off

Hi T2186

I used to come on here quite regularly, but have been quietly reading the forum anyway but not posting (was too scared to interrupt - idiot I know)

It’s my second baby so they won’t sweep me until 41 weeks, so have to ring today to try and get a home visit for a sweep.

I’ve tried everything! And I’ve given up now. Booked to be induced Friday if baby still doesn’t make an arrival!

Did you manage to get a visit booked in? I've managed to argue with them to see me on Monday about inducing but they said it all depends on how busy it is that day. Nothing has happened since being sweeped. I haven't slept for days they send me home with a cocktail of morphine, zopiclone and paracetamol to take tonight which I don't really want to take..

Hi T2186

Did you manage to get a visit booked in? I've managed to argue with them to see me on Monday about inducing but they said it all depends on how busy it is that day. Nothing has happened since being sweeped. I haven't slept for days they send me home with a cocktail of morphine, zopiclone and paracetamol to take tonight which I don't really want to take..

God really?! Fingers crossed for an induction date on Monday then!
My Midwife is coming in the morning for a sweep so hopefully that does the trick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back