November 2020 mums

Thanks @Natalie8964 :) I feel a bit better today.

Decided to finally order some dresses as the forecast is looking warm/hot for the next week or so! £50 for three it was x__x I need some shorts next.

@SockVortex maternity dresses are so comfy, I prefer maxi dresses though so I don't have to awkwardly shave my legs!! I got my jeans yesterday and they are super comfy. I don't think I'll be going back to regular jeans after the baby is here.

Today I am 15 weeks pregnant and baby is the size of a navel orange. That's very specific on the type of orange!

@SockVortex maternity dresses are so comfy, I prefer maxi dresses though so I don't have to awkwardly shave my legs!! I got my jeans yesterday and they are super comfy. I don't think I'll be going back to regular jeans after the baby is here.

Today I am 15 weeks pregnant and baby is the size of a navel orange. That's very specific on the type of orange!

Haha that is a very specific orange! I got ‘brilliant beetroot’ yesterday O__o

I love maxi dresses too. The problem I have is that at 5’3” they’re all generally too long :( I’d definitely have to try them on so I’ll have to wait until we go shopping again to buy some new one.

Haha that is a very specific orange! I got ‘brilliant beetroot’ yesterday O__o

I love maxi dresses too. The problem I have is that at 5’3” they’re all generally too long :( I’d definitely have to try them on so I’ll have to wait until we go shopping again to buy some new one.

Same problem for me, at 5'3 maxi dresses are out of reach.
It felt like it was not that long ago i went up a pant size and here I am needing to size up again. My bumps starting to feel pretty squished in size 12.

Same problem for me, at 5'3 maxi dresses are out of reach.
It felt like it was not that long ago i went up a pant size and here I am needing to size up again. My bumps starting to feel pretty squished in size 12.

You should be able to get the maternity stuff now :D

You should be able to get the maternity stuff now :D

So much of my clothes are just wrong now. I have no idea why it never occurred to me how much of my wardrobe would need to be replaced ×D

Has anyone had their sixteen week appointment yet? I’m wondering if they’ll listen to the heartbeat or not. I could do with the reassurance rather than having to wait six weeks for my 20 week scan :/

Has anyone had their sixteen week appointment yet? I’m wondering if they’ll listen to the heartbeat or not. I could do with the reassurance rather than having to wait six weeks for my 20 week scan :/

I was not even offerred one. I won't see the midwife until I'm in my 20th week.

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get some good pregnancy tights for exercise?

I was not even offerred one. I won't see the midwife until I'm in my 20th week.
Me too, we don't have a 16 week appointment here. Nothing until Anomaly scan at 20 weeks.

I've been getting my stuff from second hand Facebook selling groups, there's lots of people with maternity exercise clothes for sale there and they are obviously cheaper. But if you don't want to get second hand at the moment fabletics do maternity sport leggings, so do seraphine, h&m, lulamon and gap I think x

I had mine over the phone. They did my urine, weight and BP when I went for the anomaly scan. I think its unusual for them to listen to heartbeat with doppler at 16 weeks, a few are lucky, because it's so early

They are doing all appointments over the phone, my midwife is ringing next week. I heard the heartbeat at 16weeks with my DD 7 years ago. I have a doppler at home as that happens me with reassurance as I seem to be having a lot of dreams about miscarrying

Does anyone have any recommendations on where to get some good pregnancy tights for exercise?

I get a lot of my maternity stuff from ebay. New and used

I had two really vivid dreams about miscarriage. They coincided with my 12 week scan.
I still worry from time to time about how bub is going. 8 weeks is a very long time between any scans or appointments, so plenty of time to ponder about how bub is doing...
I try to ressure myself that at this point the risks of complications are very low and other than being sensible the rest is out of my control.
I'm now 17 weeks as of today.

I had two really vivid dreams about miscarriage. They coincided with my 12 week scan.
I still worry from time to time about how bub is going. 8 weeks is a very long time between any scans or appointments, so plenty of time to ponder about how bub is doing...
I try to ressure myself that at this point the risks of complications are very low and other than being sensible the rest is out of my control.
I'm now 17 weeks as of today.

I know what you mean, it's a long time to go without a check up. Unfortunately I had two friends in the last year suffer miscarriages in weeks 15-20 so I'm struggling with worrying now I'm 15 weeks, even though the risk is really low!!! Although I don't think the worry ever really goes away, there'll always be something! All we can do is just wait for our scans I suppose.
At least after the scans there's appointments every 3 weeks or so where we can hear the heartbeat!

I know what you mean, it's a long time to go without a check up. Unfortunately I had two friends in the last year suffer miscarriages in weeks 15-20 so I'm struggling with worrying now I'm 15 weeks, even though the risk is really low!!! Although I don't think the worry ever really goes away, there'll always be something! All we can do is just wait for our scans I suppose.
At least after the scans there's appointments every 3 weeks or so where we can hear the heartbeat!

I'm sure it will get a lot easier when there are stronger and more regular movements from bub too.
What an awful time to miscarry. My Mum had two miscarriages, one at 13 weeks and the second at 14 weeks (a week after announcing the pregnancy). Because of her story she made me very aware of what could happen so I think I spent more time worrying about a miscarriage than I needed to for this pregnancy. Getting to week 15 felt like a huge milestone for me.

Mum also mentioned that those pregnancies felt very different to how she felt with the next three that all went on to term without a hitch. I think the downside of being exposed to all of these stories is it does create a lot of anxiety. Its important to keep in mind how clever how bodies can be and the fact that there are also millions of successful pregnancies every year.

Yeah I’m still terrified of miscarriage. I’m not sure how I’m going to get through the next five and a half weeks til the scan :/

I booked my 16 week appointment with the midwife when I was sitting with her and I’m nearly positive she said that all my appointments with her would be at my local surgery. I wish I’d double checked at the time.

I booked my 16 week appointment with the midwife when I was sitting with her and I’m nearly positive she said that all my appointments with her would be at my local surgery. I wish I’d double checked at the time.

You should just be able to ring her and ask :) or at least ask someone!
We have all our midwife apps except for scans at our local surgery now so your probably right!

I've just realised it's only a month till my scan, wooo! Hopefully it'll go fast.

Day two of the most annoying headache :( Not fair! I’m just getting over the nausea finally and now this.

Day two of the most annoying headache :( Not fair! I’m just getting over the nausea finally and now this.
Sock I had headaches about the same time. They lasted maybe a couple of weeks then went away! Drink plenty of water, limit your screen time if possible and sleep as much as possible. If the nausea has started to lift maybe try and eat a bit more too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back