November 2020 mums

Can anyone describe what baby's movements feel like and where they are when you first feel them?
I've started feeling flutters and little jabs but I don't know if it's baby or gas. I don't really remember how I felt theme early in in my last pregnancy I'm sorry :( all I remember is the big kicks at the end.

Can anyone describe what baby's movements feel like and where they are when you first feel them?

Mine feels like a goldfish moving in a bag. It’s a very strange feeling but I love it :) I feel it a couple of inches below my belly button.

Hey everyone.
Does anyone know if you have a 28 week scan instead of 20 week scan? I have had my appointment for 28 weeks but not heard anything about 20 week scan.

Hey everyone.
Does anyone know if you have a 28 week scan instead of 20 week scan? I have had my appointment for 28 weeks but not heard anything about 20 week scan.

Hey, I've never heard of that before unless it's a high risk pregnancy it you still have your 20 week scan too

Hey, I've never heard of that before unless it's a high risk pregnancy it you still have your 20 week scan too
They said I need more scans due to my asthma. But a 28 week scan instead of 20 week doesn’t make sense though.

They said I need more scans due to my asthma. But a 28 week scan instead of 20 week doesn’t make sense though.

Yeah that's odd. You should have a 20 week too. Double check with your midwife

Hey everyone.
I have a 28 week appointment letter through, it's not for a scan it's because I'm rhesus negative blood type and I have to have an injection then, so i have to go to the hospital for it so I got my appointment through the post. Could it be that? Maybe give them a ring and ask about your 20 week scan of you've not heard!

The sun is shining today, my nausea seems to have gone away at least for this morning and I'm taking my new maternity summer dress out for a test in the sunshine with my 14+5 bump.

20200520_085305.jpg

I have a 28 week appointment letter through, it's not for a scan it's because I'm rhesus negative blood type and I have to have an injection then, so i have to go to the hospital for it so I got my appointment through the post. Could it be that? Maybe give them a ring and ask about your 20 week scan of you've not heard!
Yeah thanks everyone. Yeah got my midwife appointment in a couple of weeks, if I haven’t heard anything I will mention it. How’s everyone coping with the warm weather?

I hate feeling anxious all the time :( Had a rubbish day yesterday with sickness and today I woke up feeling just averagely sick and now I've convinced myself I'm not pregnant anymore. I haven't felt the little fish at all today though I know I can't rely on that this early and I'm lucky to have felt it at all yet. Still two weeks and six days until my next midwife appointment when I can hopefully hear the heart beat.

The hot weather is so lovely but also so annoying as I have next to nothing to wear and am too paranoid to buy anything else.

Hi All,
I’m a first timer and due 7/11/20.
With the Covid 19 situation I’m finding the midwife appointments have been over the phone. Anyone else having the same? Just a little concerned that blood pressure and urine samples aren’t being tested. Also been told the next appointment in July will also be over the phone. I’m aware that in the grand scheme of things at the moment, this is minor but I don’t feel like I’m building any sort of relationship with my midwife and not coming away from the calls feeling particularly positive. Just wondered if anyone else is feeling similar or if I’m being over sensitive?

@SockVortex please try not to worry. You're super early to feel anything at all, I'm still only feeling little wobbles at 20 weeks. And I hope I dont sound like I'm rubbing it in but I feel really good symptom wise, basically feel normal apart from my ribs and back being a bit sore, and I've just seen my bubs wiggling round on the screen :)

Hi All,
With the Covid 19 situation I’m finding the midwife appointments have been over the phone. Anyone else having the same? Just a little concerned that blood pressure and urine samples aren’t being tested. Also been told the next appointment in July will also be over the phone. I’m aware that in the grand scheme of things at the moment, this is minor but I don’t feel like I’m building any sort of relationship with my midwife and not coming away from the calls feeling particularly positive. Just wondered if anyone else is feeling similar or if I’m being over sensitive?

hi I feel completely the same as you, I’m 16 weeks now and have spoken to my midwife only twice, I had nothing from her about my 12weeks scan (I had to chase it up myself) had no phone call, letter nothing so she has been useless and I feel I don’t have a relationship with her to confide in her now which is a shame. But if you are worried call your local hospital and speak to the midwives there that’s what I’ve had to do for advice etc x

Hi All,
I don't think your being over sensitive. Things are different than they normally would be and it's ok to be worried and upset about it. Ask your midwife about bloods and urine if your concerned something is being missed,although they only usually take bloods at the 12 week scan here and then our next appointment isn't until the 20 week scan.

These vivid dreams are tough, I had two really vivid nightmares last night, completely different to each other. Woke up crying from the first one, convinced myself to go back to sleep and then straight into another one.

Be glad when this phase is over!

Hi All,
Things are definitely not as they normally are due to the virus. I havent particularly felt like my relationship with my midwife has been positive in any of my pregnancies. Seeing them face to face doesn't always make them more personal in my opinion. You're there to get your checks and then go, least that's how I have felt. Most times I saw a completely different midwife at each appt.

I didn't see my midwife for my 16 week appt, but at my 20 week scan and my repeat scan I had my blood pressure and urine checked. Not sure if all hospitals are doing these checks. In my previous pregnancies I've never had those checked at a scan so they have added them in due to midwives not seeing you in person. So it is possible you will check those checked at some point. I am due to see my midwife in person next week at 22 wks to get my matb1 form.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back