Name chosen...now for the spelling!

poochielove

Reaction score
Ok our boy is def going to be called Teddie. We have called bump that since finding out he was a boy at 20 weeks and it would now feel wrong calling him anything else. I keep spelling it Teddie where as OH spells it Teddy. So basically its becoming a bit of a problem as we both think our spellings are best! What do you all think?

I prefer the Teddie version, less like a toy to me for some reason lol :think: :lol:

mummykay said:
I prefer the Teddie version, less like a toy to me for some reason lol :think: :lol:

Thats what i have been trying to tell him! I said hes not a toy and OH said "hes my Teddy Bear" which i did find rather cute!

Teddie is slightly different I think.

We had the problem with Corey, was it Kory, Cory, Korey, Kori, Cori etc ect. I won anyways :dance:

Teddy is the usual spelling. I've not seen Teddie used anywhere and I'd go with Teddy every time. It just doesn't look right spelt with an ie ending and also he'd have to keep correcting people of the spelling as people know Teddy not Teddie.

Teddie! I too think of a "teddy bear" when I see Teddy

yep teddie is better also you need to think of when he is older, teddy is cute now but then maybe not so!!!

What about just Ted? You can always call him teddy which will suit him while hes little, a bit like a pet name for him, but as he gets older the name just Ted on its own will suit him better maybe? :hug: xx

I've only ever known Teddy as a derivative of Edward. I think as a standalone name you may be better with Teddie as it is a little less 'bear'. The chidish thing is immaterial IMO as when he's older he'll refer to himself as Ted or Ed probably anyway :)

Minxy said:
I've only ever known Teddy as a derivative of Edward. I think as a standalone name you may be better with Teddie as it is a little less 'bear'. The chidish thing is immaterial IMO as when he's older he'll refer to himself as Ted or Ed probably anyway :)

I agree :)

lovely name :dance:

Teddy will be people's natural way of spelling it... but Teddie is more original, and IMHO more unique.

they both have fairly equal pros and cons tbh..

hmmm i'd go Teddie me thinks :D

i think the "ie" way is more feminine, so i would choose teddy. sorry! just my opinion lol

Teddie,

Be different hun as I think its nice to put your own twist on it.

Teddy reminds me of a bear as kay says.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back