Spelling & Stuff...

Heulyn

Reaction score
My and the OH both like the name Jax, but surely it'd be better to have as a shortened version of a name like Jackson?

Thing is, OH says that if we called the baby Jackson, the shortened spelling would be "Jaks" or "Jacks", not "Jax".

So I suggested spelling the first name "Jaxon", but I don't think he likes it.

I really don't like the spelling "Jaks", and "Jacks" would no doubt become "Jack" [which is a nice name, but I wanted something a little more.... different iykwim?]

So.... I guess the question is:

Jackson
Jaxon
Jacks
Jaks
Jax

What do you think would be best? AND does any of it go with the surname: Moore!
[All of this, and we're on team :yellow:! :roll:]

Last edited:
I like Jaxon and Jackson so not much help here but I agree Jacks would become Jack.

I think Jaxon/Jackson Moore sounds fine but I don't think Jax Moore sounds right.

we are calling our little boy Jaxom when he finally puts in an appearance, I liked it from a book I've read and my DH just liked the fact it could be shortened down to Jax (although I think he has been watching an american biker programme called Sons of Anarchy and the lead character is Jackson lol) xx

my first boy will be Jaxon-Lee, so thats my choice obv xx

we are calling our little boy Jaxom when he finally puts in an appearance, I liked it from a book I've read and my DH just liked the fact it could be shortened down to Jax (although I think he has been watching an american biker programme called Sons of Anarchy and the lead character is Jackson lol) xx

We actually picked it from Sons of Anarchy :blush: :oooo:
We liked Clay as well... but Clay Moore sounds a bit dangerous! [It's two different types of weapon!] x

We actually picked it from Sons of Anarchy :blush: :oooo:
We liked Clay as well... but Clay Moore sounds a bit dangerous! [It's two different types of weapon!] x

Lol it's a great show, I picked it from a book called the white dragon by anne mccaffrey. x

Blimey popular name ! I remember Helen liked it and then went for Seb in the end.
It is cute. what if it's a girl!

Blimey popular name ! I remember Helen liked it and then went for Seb in the end.

I liked Jex not Jaxon, though I do like Jaxon too x

We're drawing up a few shortlists for names now, this one was causing a debate though haha!
The shortlists are very, very short.... we can't agree on anything! :oooo:

I like Jackson tbh... as its still not a commonly used name. I think changing the spelling too much isnt necessary. Although if I was to changed it I would probably use Jacson, Jakson or Jaxon xx

This has been the only name me and OH have agreed on! Maybe lots of Jacksons on PF!

Although I prefer the spelling, Jaxon, hubby doesnt, and doesnt want it shortned to Jax.
However, I will win that argument, lol!

We are team yellow as well, but can not decide on ONE girls name between us - now think we will have to find out the sex, just in case its a girl - will need the 20 weeks to decide on a girls name - although I quite like Saxon as well, which could be used for both.....

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back