Does this sound Chavvy??

The irish spelling is lovely but it is annoying having to spell out a name, my surnames one of those. I actually never say it to anyone new who's rwiting it down without just saying it and spelling it all at once because no one ever gets it right.
But it's a lovely name and a really great looking name so hopefully a little boy wouldn't mind it if you like it. He'd probably be proud of his heritage :) xx

Love it, theres also someone else on ehre i think whos thinking of the same name with the irish spelling x

I don't think it sounds 'chavvy' at all! I definitely prefer the irish spelling, and to be honest, I don't really think that would matter about the spelling as they would have to spell it out to people anyway haha.. xx

Yes Iv'e seen AJ Lyons Mum has chosen this with irish spelling for her new little man, I'd not heard of it till she had chosen it, I'm not sure on this on myself, you know when you can't decide either way, maybee it's because it doesn't sound how it looks, and might cause them some trouble in spelling etc , but it is lovely an ususual and not chavvy

Being Irish myself, I guess I should really like Irish names, but I don't. And I'm sorry but I do think Cavan or Cabhan does sound a bit chavvy.

But to me, its a place, not a person iykwim x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

thanks everyone.

i have gone off it again!!! haha. Me and the hubster are never gonna agree........ going to have to start hoping for a girl!

I prefer old Irish names when they are spelt the traditional Gaelic way, rather than the English versions, I think they can seem a bit chavvy then. If you are going for an Irish name, I would choose the traditional spelling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back