My MC horror story *BIG TMI*

FallingStar

Reaction score
PLEASE DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE EASILY WORRIED. MASSIVE TMI.

I'm not exactly sure why I'm posting this.. maybe I feel a need to explain why I sometimes appear neurotic in my posts?? Maybe it's just something I need to get off my chest in order to cope with my new pg better. I really don't know and I'm sorry if it offends or upsets anyone, that's not my intention at all.

I think I just want someone else, other than me and hubby, to know what actually happened to us.

Really sorry if this goes beyond TMI.... you have been warned...

I fell pregnant in November last year. HUbby and I were living in Spain and had been for 6 years but were planning on heading back to the UK in March.
I had a dating scan at 7 weeks and heard the heartbeat once a fortnight from 8 weeks.
I had another scan at 17 weeks as I was moving back to the UK from Spain and wanted a reassurance that everything was fine in case it took a couple of weeks to get a doctor sorted in this country. Also hubby was leaving for the UK ahead of me, and as I didn't drive I needed him to be there to take me to the hospital and obviously I wanted him there anyway!
I then had contractions at 20 weeks on a Friday (still in Spain, hubby in UK) so went to hospital. Didn't really understand much of what the nurses were saying.. hubby rushed to bedside and was there by Friday evening.
Had another scan at hospital on Saturday morning in which the doctor actually showed me the screen and tried to explain that all the fluid had gone from around the baby (which I could actually see) and that all hope was lost.
I had to be induced, suffered 12 hours of labour and all for nothing. I finished labour with the baby still in the birth canal and a midwife had to physically pull it out of me.
I have no idea why I miscarried. Apparently in this country the hospital would have done tests on the baby to see if there was any reason. But I have no info at all.
That's it really...

On the plus side, and there IS one :)
Take comfort in the fact that it hardly EVER happens this way.. and if it happened to me, that makes it practically certain it WON'T happen to anyone here.
We are all looked after by UK health professionals, and while we may moan about how they do things.. it could be worse.

There is a happy ending.. I'm pg again, but only a few weeks so is very early days. So if I appear a little neurotic, or like I'm over-reacting or it seems I am a complete nutjob.. I'm not :D Just had a rocky road is all.
:hug:
xxxx

Ok now I wish I hadn't posted...
Happy for admin to delete... sorry if anyone has read it already. Just looks like I'm trying to scare everyone witless. Not my intention, dunno what I was thinking...
xxx

the same sort of story has just been on this morning hun, thats just crused me tbh but u gota be prepared for the worse just incase :(

I'm sorry this happened to you, big hugs. I can't even imagine how hard it would be to lose it so far along, you sound like you are coping amazingly well considering, all the best with the new pregnancy, try and enjoy it :D xx

Thanks :) Still not sure if I should have posted it or not.. but can't figure out how to delete lol. Think I feel a bit better for it though... thanks again :hug: xx

I'm so sorry you had to go through such an awfull experience :hug:. Hope you have a happy and stress free pregnancy!!

Awww, hun it's good you posted, you have every right to tell your story!

I cant imagine for 1 second how awful it must have been for you.

Congrats on your new pregnancy xxxxx

Also Loulou, and everyone else.. please don't worry... it really does hardly EVER happen. Just been looking at statistics and it's less than 3% according to the page I looked at.
There's around 50 of us in Tri 1 at the mo, so that takes it to a 1.5% chance (1 out of 150 people) that it'll happen to one of us.. and it already has happened to me, so in theory we're all ok :D
My maths may be a little dodgy.. but you get the idea.. it's massively uncommon so don't add it to your list of worries :hug: Sorry if I made you feel bad... xxx

Last edited:
You obviously felt the need to post it so I think it's a really good and positive thing (for you) to have done x

I am so sorry this happened! It's a horrific thing and you must of felt so lost to not be given any reasons as to why x massive hugs and thank you for sharing your story x

Awww that is awful hun and horrendous especially having to endure that in a different country whilst trying to get your loved one to your side. What I will say though is that I wish you so much luck in this pregancy xx

Thanks girls :D Your messages of support really are helping. Feeling pretty chilled about it all today, although will probably be neurotic again tomorrow! Thanks again :hug:

it is only natural that this is goiong to be on your mind, especially when there was no explanation for what happened. Have you been to any counselling? it is quite a big thing to just "deal with", and now you are pregnant again, all the feelings will be on the surface.

speak to someone about it, maybe you might be able to move on from it then.

Really sorry you had to go through this, it must have been awful :hugs:

Talking about it realy is good theraphy Hun ,you have every right to have good days and neurotic days

I'm so so sorry this happened, I lost mine at 11 plus 5, and can't imagine what you must have gone through at 20 weeks including labour. But I did reach out to PF and the girls and talking got me through it, and in my current pregnancy , they have helped me through the worrys and they are always ready to listen X

Thank you for sharing your story and congrats on your pregnancy, wishing you a smooth and healthy ride this time X

Last edited:
Im so sorry for your loss!! I can't imagine how horrible it must've been to go through!! Congrats on this pregnancy x x

You've not scared me! As long as you tell your new midwives/doctors etc everything you can about your last pregnancy and loss, they will do everything they can to make sure it doesn't happen again.

We've been through a very hard pregnancy this time, it's my 4th and I've only produced one child from the previous 3, so far. So with all the hardcore bleeding I had through my first trimester, coupled with the previous two mmc's, it's been hard to stay positive. But I'm miles more positive now and I have some baby bits creeping into the drawers already.

It's hard but it if you can feel positive without going overboard on the positivity emotions, it's much better for you and the baby. It's important to try and enjoy being pregnant (my mantra whilst throwing up constantly for 3 months...)

You know it could happen, we all know it could happen to any of us. But if we all worried too much, we'd probably all make ourselves sick. Let the midwives take care of you and monitor you more frequently, they're looking at me more often and I've an extra midwife who is home visiting me every few weeks at the mo. It doesn't have to happen again.

Huggggggggggs

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back