BFP after mc....

twinkles

Reaction score
Hi girls, I have posted in BFP and tri 1 but feel I need to post in here as know some of you have been in my position, basically I had a missed mc at my 12 week scan in sept, it took until dec to finally have the all clear after months of bleeding, scans and hospital appointments, then one af arrived just before Xmas, now I have my BFP! I am so happy but at the same time I feel very different, it's like I can't get too excited, I'm not constantly thinking about it like last time, I'm not wanting to shout it to the world, it's really weird...just wondered if any of u girls felt like this after mc and a BFP xxx

Firstly huge congratulations to you X

Yes I felt exactly the same as you, so don't worry it's really the natural way to feel after what you have been through, esp when it's all so recent. I didn't relax at 12 weeks, carried on worrying, and then got high risk 1 in 9 triple test results, so a had a cvs, didn't think yayy this is actually happening till 17 weeks when got the all clear, and brought my first babygrow at 20 weeks on a celebratory shopping trip with my mate.

The pregnancy flew by, but I did feel like I had missed out on many weeks of excited pregnancy, so try not to let your fears take over yours too.

Take a week at a time, plan you next 10 weeks now, with weekly milestones the day you turn a new week on your ticker , and the weeks will go much more quickly. Like docs at 8 weeks, midwife booking in at 10 weeks, new hairdo at 7 weeks, coffee out with mate at 9 weeks , take up swimming at 6 weeks, scan at 12 weeks. Makes a huge difference...

Because I didn't want to buy any thing till much later , I put £10 a week each ticker change day in a tub for my future baby. By the time baby shopping is safe , you will have a tidy sum in there ...

I feel exactly the same way, my first pregnancy resulted in a MC so now i am pregnant now i won't let myself get excited yet. My OH wants to scream it from the roofs... but as the MC was from before i met him he doesn't seem to understand why i wont let him x

Thanks for the replies girls, glad its not just me! Mile stones are what's keeping me going! Got something on more or less every weekend until 12 week scan, I am hoping to get scanned before then tho, first things first is a doc app so I will get onto that mon, I'm also on malaria tablets for another 4 weeks as been to India on hols, this is worrying me too but did check them out before just incase I did get a BFP but really wasn't expecting it so soon! Xx

I'm still in shock that i'm at 9 weeks lol i got my scan date today for the 13th of feb so only 2 weeks to wait then fingers crossed i can calm down a little x

Just read Torino's post......it's so true!

I feel the same, I've decided not to worry, the scan is my goal and in between I am rapidly planning my weekends to keep busy.

It's hard, I keep thinking there might be nothing there but thoughts like that achieve nothing.

We will be fine :friends:

Just read it too...some fab advise, makes a lot of sense!x

Good luck Twinkles and congratulations xxxxx

Last edited:
Congrats hun! I had mmc last April, and im now 29 weeks! Take one day at a time sweetie, all will be ok xxx

Massive congrats hun - I hope once you get passed your "scary time" you can begin to relax and enjoy this pregnancy.

Us ladies that have had a previous loss do tend to have that extra pressure....

Wishing you a very happy pregnancy

xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Twinkles...

A big Congrats to you!! I found out I was pregnant a couple of weeks ago, after a mmc in oct. I am now about 7 weeks. It's a very scary time, but you need to try and keep your mind off it until you get that all important 1st scan. Are you going for an early scan? I managed to get an early scan and am going next tuesday, though I dont think they we're too willing to give me an early appointment, because I have had no mc symptoms & one previous mc. But my lovely doc managed to wangle an appointment! So maybe worth trying to ask for an early scan?
Keep us updated on how things are with you....here's to healthy and happy pregnancies for us all xxxx

Hi Hun, lovely to see your name on here again!

I'm feeling more confident today, mega tired and felt a little sicky earlier so all good!

Had my doc appointment yesterday, he has requested an early scan so I'm just waiting to hear from my midwife now so I will mention it to her as well....

Fingers crossed we can both have happy healthy pregnancies this time, I'm only a week behind you! Xx

Last edited:
Hey Twinkles,

Ups and downs are normal, yesterday I had a mega bad day, and just felt so down about everything, and kept thinking the worst! I think it was just my hormones!!!! I'm absolutely exhausted too, my sickness seems to come and go (and when it goes I freak out!!!!).
Thats good that you are getting an early scan too....keep me update don how you are doing!! Fingers crossed for us both xxx

It's going to be a long few weeks waiting fir the scan! I get a little sicky feeling when hungry but I could sleep at any time! I'm exhausted! Boobs r massive and soils so all good signs but nothing will make me feel relaxed completely until I see that little bubs heartbeat! Let me k ow how ur scan goes! Xx

It's going to be a long few weeks waiting fir the scan! I get a little sicky feeling when hungry but I could sleep at any time! I'm exhausted! Boobs r massive and soils so all good signs but nothing will make me feel relaxed completely until I see that little bubs heartbeat! Let me k ow how ur scan goes! Xx
Hey Twinkles, how are you getting on? I myself had a mmc in Nov 2010 (11w3d), followed by an ectopic in May 2011 (9w) and a mc in Sept 2011 (5w), so I know what you mean in the weeks go slowly, I have had 3 early scans, the first they saw the gestational sac (although they told me it could be a water bubble indicating another ectopic) the second showed the yolk sac and featal pole and heartbeat then I had a bleed so i had another scan baby is still fine.

Even after seeing my babies heartbeal I really cantr wait to be past 12w, I'm actually wishing the time away because I'm so worried of having another mmc.

Good luck to you and I hope the weeks don't drag for you too much.

FX x x

Aw Hun you have had a horrible time of it......good signs on ur recent scans tho, I know what u mean by wishing the weeks away!

Doesn't look like I'm getting an early scan now, my booking with midwife will be at 10 weeks so won't be a scan before then :( ugh!!!x

I had my me appointment at 8w+2 from LMP (which would make me 10w today) but I'm using my 3rd scan date as a guide as that's what my me suggested, I had my early scans before my appointment with my mw but that's only due to previous ectopic and the 3 was due to a bleed. FX for you twinkles x x keep us posted x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back