My journey to healthier!

Wow you look so slim! I wish I had the confidence to go running I feel so fat after having my baby :-(

I like the idea of having a healthy goal instead of just focusing on the scales! X

Thanks hun! Your baby's still tiny, you shouldn't be worrying about your weight! Could you go for walks with the pram rather than running? I totally get how you feel tho, I wanted to start running last year, but felt like I was too big!

I've got a new little goal, a local parkrun (not the one I want to do in July) is doing s beginners run in a couple of weeks, with people out pacing with the aim being to do 5k in 45mins with a mix of walking and jogging! I'm on it like a car bonnet :lol: already told OH he's doing it too! Hoping I can do it in the 45mins, my aims for it are to do it in that time and not to be the last to finish!

Omg woken up starving today! It seems to be that the day after a run I wake up hungry! Only problem is I can't stomach food this early, so I'm drinking loads to stem it til I've had a shower and cn hopefully have some cereal! Ended up eating some wedges last night too which OH had left! So am planning today on making sure I've got some healthy snacks left fr the evening. Going to do some calorie tracking too cos I think I'm probs eating under what I need:blush:

Small success this morning, cheeky weigh in says I'm down 2lb and a quarter of my way to my 2% goal :yay: body fat % has gone from 27.8% to 27.3%. I can't remember when official day is though! Should have taken note really!

Whoops, had a bit of a blip today! We went to the park with friends this morning and I had an ice cream :blush: but I've been really good apart from that!

Breakfast: muesli
Snack: ice cream
Lunch: couscous with raisins, cucumber and pitta bread
Dinner: think I'm going to do quorn burgers and salad, just cos I'm feeling lazy!

Been to the park this morning and for a walk to the shops and then my mums and back. Looking forward to OH coming home cos I'm desperate to get out for a run! The weather's so nice it'll be amazing! I so never thought I'd be excited about running! I'm going to go further today, I might even tackle the main road, which I've been putting off cos I didn't want to embarrass myself :lol:

Total fail tonight :( decided to eat before going for a run :wall: did quorn burgers and chips and actually left about 1/2 of it! Took the kids to the park, ran s couple of lengths of the field and then decided to go on s proper run! Ended up with massive stomach cramps thru having s full stomach and needed a wee really bad even tho I went for 3 before I left! So did a shortened route back to the park and ran a little bit with the kids! Just done a bit of ab work and some squats, was meant to do 100 and managed 11 :blush: oh well, tomorrows another day!

Exactly tomorrows another day, you still did something Alice which is better than nothing at all! Well done!

Yea somethings got to be better than nothing! OH's announced last night that ge wants to go for a run together tonight :faint: so I'm going to have to stage my eating and drinking a bit so I'm good to go! Going to do my ab work outs in a min so it breaks it all up a bit. Off to a friends this morning, so a bit more walking for us too!

I'm dead happy that the whole family seems to be getting into the whole fitness thing, the girls keep asking to go running too! They can't run particularly far, but I'll be so chuffed if they get into it, I always wanted to be good at running as a kid!

Just sitting down to my lunch now, well hiding on the stairs! Ks desperate for my cereal, but it was bloody expensive, so I don't want her having it :lol: totally intended to have breakfast this morning, but ran out of time! Today's food is:

Snack: mini chocolate Brownie piece
Lunch: muesli
Dinner:pasta and ratatouille

There'll more than likely be snacks in there too! Going to cut up a pineapple in a bit and can't wait for som of that!

Walked to my friends and back before and need a massive house cleaning session this aft, so it all counts!

Was quite chuffed before cos at our coffee morning, I was told I was looking very glamourous :yay: which actually translated as "you've not got a hoodie and uggs on" :rofl: but I like to think it was because I've got a cracking tan after yesterday's sun burn and im a lot more smiley and confident from my exercising :lol:

Ugh, just back from a run with OH and I feel sick! I found it quite hard to pace cos we did his usual route and then tagged more on to it! Cant wait to get the A-Z out to see how far we went :blush: we did walk most of it though! Have twinged my knee a little and realised getting some properly fitted running shoes needs to happen sooner than later cos OH said my legs looked like I've got what K has! I hadn't actually told him that on medical advice I'm not supposed to run :blush:

I'm in shock at how fit OH is though! I've never seen him exercise before, but he has a really physical job, which obviously does the trick! Think I need to give up the fags too, cos my lung function is terrible :blush:

Off to the pub later, just hope I can control my calorie intake a little whilst there!

Well, it's a mixed bag of updates this morning! My attempt at reigning in the calories at the pub wasn't too successful :blush: I had a bottle of rosè and then veg spring rolls and poppadoms (strange combination I know!) when I got home!
But I suppose it's better than what I usually would have had, which would typically have been sweet and sour chicken and chips!

But on the plus side, all night I could feel my stomach muscles working :shock: it felt like I was pulling my belly in all night, but not intentionally iykwim?! I wasn't going to cheeky weigh this morning after last nights blip, but did anyway and I'm at 9st3 :yay: which is 4pm down in almost 2 weeks! I'm actually really surprised cos I wasn't expecting to lose!

I was meant to be going for a long run/walk today, but my heads hurting a little! My new plan for weekdays is to get up early and go for a run before OH leaves for work, as I feel I run better in the mornings! Although I'm not sure I'll be able to drag my arse jut of bed :lol: oh and in super proud of my OH who has lost 5kg :yay:

Well, I managed my long walk/run :yay: it was about 4 miles all together! Most of it was walking, but I ran down the main road for the first time ever! I was out for 55mins! I really enjoyed myself, although I was gutted I didn't run more, which is daft, because my aim is to be running 5k by the end of July, but me being me, I want to be able to do it now!

Food wise, I need to up my game, I've had a bowl of muesli, some crisps and veg off the top of a pizza :blush: I made my own pizza and used a new recipe for the base and it was god awful! So I just ate the veg! But I'm going to be in massive defecit if I don't have more!

Managed my squats today, which I've not done for a while, so I'm chuffed! I'm debating this beginners 5k next week, I was going round the park today like "how the fuck do people run these hills and keep going?!", I think the hills were the killer for me, plus its a 1.5mile walk to the park and I ran some of it! But the run next week's going to be a slower pace and with walking bits, plus I think running in a group would be motivating! And it's in a different park ;)

Oh and I'm giving up smoking...again ;)

Rooooaaarrrrrr, need to do an update to try and get some positivity back! Day1 of giving up smoking (again) and I've properly got the rage! And obviously the girls Have chosen today to properly play up :wall:

Anyway, positivity! OH woke me up to see if I wanted to go for a run this morning before the girls got up (I pulle the duvet back over my head and grumbled :lol:) bless him though, he's only trying to help me out cos I said I wanted to start running in the morning after him! Today's rest day though, which I'm actually debating cos I need to clear my head! I might go for a walk or something though.

Scales made me smile today! Weigh in is officially tomorrow, but hey ho! I did see a gain weight wise from yesterday, back up to 9lb4, BUT body fat% has dropped to 26.8% :faint::yay: that's 1% lost since I started my journal and so close to hitting my target! The gain didn't surprise me really, I'd been expecting it to happen cos I know I'm gaining muscle!

Another positive, I'm getting very close to a flat tummy :shock: obvs it's not one of those totally flat ad toned ones, but it's nearly a straight line from hip to hip without a big belly getting in the way :yay: I can only pinch about an inch of belly fat too!

Ive decided to start doing some leg work too, cos bar my belly, it's outer thighs and hips that are carrying extra lbs!

This has actually worked, I'm feeling a lot calmer!

Oh and food:

Breakfast: muesli
Lunch: Birdseye veg fingers and chips :blush:
Dinner: no idea yet!

Ok so, decided not to weigh this morning, for a start I forgot it was Monday cos of the bank hol and secondly I stupidly had a portion of onion bhajis from the takeaway at midnight :wall: I hadn't had any tea and was starving and OH said he'd get me noodles and bean sprouts from the Chinese, which shut as he got there! I wasn't even that hungry by the time he eventually got back!

Had muesli for my breakfast again haven't ha lunch yet, there's talk of a BBQ for tea, which will probs end up meaning a shit load of salad and a quorn sausage :lol: was planning on doing falafel and sweet potato wedges, so might still do that anyway!

Hopefully going for a run later too :yay:

I need a massive boot up my arse :lol: I keep getting half way through exercising and just being like "fuck it" and then giving up:wall: just been for a run and I think the problem is I'm too impatient, I want to be able to run properly and IRS frustrating me that I don't feel like I'm improving! I know I really need to give up smoking, but I'm finding that really hard too! I can totally see why people get personal trainers now :lol:

I've got myself fixated on the body I want to have, which I think is actually doing me a bit of a disservice, cos I'm a lot smaller than I actually realise, but cos I've got flabby areas it doesn't sink in! I was just whinging to my sister about my flabby belly and she was like, it's not fat, you're tiny, it's cos you've got so much stretched skin from being pregnant! Which I suppose is true, I'm so riddled with stretchmarks I'm never going to have a tight, toned tummy :( all the elasticity's gone from my skin and I think it really is now a case of just making do with what I've got! On my hips, a lot of my stretchies are over a cm wide still, so I'm really doubting if I'll ever end up toned! I can lose as much weight as I want and build up load of muscle, but the skin's always going to be really saggy :(

God that was a right little rant wasn't it?! I'm just on a bit of a downer with it all. Plus I'm eating really healthily and not seeming to lose anything which is getting me down, I thunk I need to work out my TDEE again cos I've got a feeling I'm actually eating too little now my diet's mainly veg with couscous type things! So a bit more food would be nice :lol:

So I just worked out my TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) and I should be eating around 1800cal a day :shock: with a 15%cut for weight loss, it brings me to 1601 :shock: which was roughly what I thought it probably should be, but I've had that 1200 figure stuck in my head for so long now! I'm not sure exactly how many I've been eating recently, but seeing as I'm mainly eating veg and legumes, I'm guessing 1200 would have been generous :blush: it's no small wonder really that my weight has totally plateaued! My body's holding onto all it can!

I had already started increasing what I was eating by having breakfast, I've never been a breakfast eater, but I've found I'm really hungry in the mornings now! I'm going to start using mfp again to track what I'm eating and gradually increase it so my body doesn't go totally crazy :lol: the eat more to weigh less thing seems totally crazy right now, but I know deep down it's right! Plus it seems really weird to start eating more just before I go away! But I know health wise it's the totally right thing to do!

Exercise wise, I'm not doing too good ATM, it's been raining here and I'll be buggered if I'm going running when it's pissing down :lol: although I'm guessing I'll be going for s run with OH later! I'm feeling really lethargic ATM, so getting out there feels like a massive struggle. I ate relatively well yesterday, muesli for breakfast, lunch was pitta pizzas (pitta bread grilled with tomato purée and cheese on top and dinner was chickpea and okra tagine with couscous! I had an apple and a cracker for a snack and ended up Habing 2 mars bars later too :blush: I really *needed* chocolate though! When OH got in last night he was just like "omg you actually look like shit" :lol: I really did as well!

So yea, I'm hoping up-ing my calories will help with the journey to being healthier, cos I'm more than likely running on empty right now! I'm feeling really bloated too, but I don't know why! I've upped my water consumption too, have taken to having a glass before I go to bed to flush my system through as well!

Not right grand tbh :blush: I seem to be constantly starving and am eating crap :blush: it's a bit of a vicious cycle, I feel crap so I eat crap and then feel crap cos of what I've eaten! Really need to get back on it but the motivations rather lacking!

:blush: I knew I'd be awful at updating! In fact, ive been awful at the whole thing :blush: I've been feeling shocking all week and haven't done any exercise, plus the weathers been shocking so no running! I have somehow managed to lose 1lb, although I know it'll be back on and more now, cos I have eaten so badly all weekend! I've got a massive cold brewing and sat and ate a weeks worth of snacks yesterday! Oh and cos I forgot to update in here about it, I went to get measured for a bra the other day! First time since I was preg with K :blush: wgen I was preg with E, I couldn't find maternity bras to fit :shock: I was something like a 38LL, can't remember now! Anyway, cos this is the first time my weights settled since being preg, I've not bothered getting measured cos they change that much! I've just worn what I thought fitted, even though I knew they probably didn't! I've been wearing bras around 34/36 D/DD - turns out I'm measuring in at 32DD, with some styles fitting better in 30E :faint:

I couldn't believe how much better they looked too! But the biggest shock was that the 30E fitted, I've never been that small around! I was saying on another thread the other day that I'd love to be able to walk into a shop and buy a "normal" bra and at a 32DD I'd be able to do that most places, with a 30, not much chance - funny how things go from one end of the scale to the other :lol:

Anyway, I'm rambling, I'll be back later to hopefully post some more meaningful things!

Sooo, I think my body's finally adapting to my new diet :yay: I was told it would take about 6 weeks to regulate and at 6ish weeks, things seem to be changing :yay: after my weekend of eating last weekend, I literally gained 3lb over night :blush: af was here too tho so I had a lot of bloat going on! This morning I weighed and bot only have I lost the 3lb i gained, but I lost another lb too :yay: OH was working away from weds-sat and when he got in, the first thing he said was "fucking hell have you been eating?" which I took to mean, fucking hell have you been eating everything in sight :blush: but apparently Ive noticeably lost weight :yay:

I think im eating more than before, I've been snacking on homemade popcorn rather than shit and haven't really done any exercise :blush: but the weather's been shit and OHs been away so no running! Going to give it a final push now for my holiday and hope I can shape up a bit, but tbh I'm not expecting much! Oh and I bought my bikini the other day :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back