My Slimming World Journey

AugustMum

Reaction score
I've done slimming world before and stuck to it for 2 weeks and lost 4lb but went off the rails with being at uni so I'm going back on it. I'm giving myself 2 weeks on it then going to start the meetings again. If anyone who's done it sees where I'm going wrong then feel free to point it out lol.

First day today and I had coco pops and semi skimmed milk (5.5 syns and he a)

Jacket potato with beans and crunchy salad for lunch.

I'm going to have mullet light and apples and grapes for a snack.

Then for dinner I'm going to make the syn free carbonara to see what that's like!

I've also done 14 minutes of yoga on the wii :)

My first aim is to get my bmi below 30, which is an 8lb lose and then I'll aim for 10% body weight lose which is 17lb.

Good luck! I did slimming world last year and lost over 2 stone in 2 months so it really does work if you stick to it properly. I will be going back after baby is born aswell :)

That's brilliant! I'm aiming for about 2lb a week I think. But if it's less or more I won't mind.

I've just planned out my meals for the week so if I can stick to those and free foods for snacks then I should be ok. You can pretty much each what you want as long as its not rubbish so your not limited which is nice. My SIL lost over 3 stone on it and she's kept it off for nearly a year now so it gives me hope lol.

If u need any help let me know...I wouldn't personally waste 5.5syns on breakfast-if u want cereal then try choc weetabix minis (30g heb) xxx

I wanted readybrek as my he b but we didn't have enough and I had no bread or anything else so it was cocoons or nothing :( I've got my readybrek now though. Did a big old shop and got everything.

I'll be quizzing you on some things though I'm sure of it. You're like sw guru I swear!

I wanted readybrek as my he b but we didn't have enough and I had no bread or anything else so it was cocoons or nothing :( I've got my readybrek now though. Did a big old shop and got everything.

I'll be quizzing you on some things though I'm sure of it. You're like sw guru I swear!

Lol-not quite but after a year of doing it its second nature to me xx

Good luck. I did sw for whole 3 weeks b4 falling pregnant and def plan to go again after baby born. My leader did say I could keep goin whilst pregnant but i decided I wasn't spending £5 a week to get weighed and keep getting told I was putting on - not the aim of the game
Lol

Lol I wouldnt of paid for it either! I guess you can still follow the plan a little if you wanted to. Stops over indulging I guess...which I did a fair bit of when pregnant!

Well today went tits up again with breakfast! I took my readybrek to OHs and he told me he had milk so went to make it this morning and the milk was about 4 days out of date :( so I had one slice of bread (white bread so I couldn't even count it as a healthy extra!) and a spaghetti snack pot so 5 syns for that :( and a muller light. I'm going to have a pasta and sauce for lunch and use the milk as my healthy extra a and make up a fruit salad to go with it which I'll have to syn a bit because I'm putting a tiny bit of orange juice in.

Also, the sw carbonara was vile! Quark is not yummy at all! It tasted like feet. So tonight I think dinner is quorn sausages, mash (just made with a dash of milk) and mixed veg. I might put a bit of gravy with it as well so I'm looking at a total of about 10 syns today I think. Oh and my healthy extra b will be a tbsp of olive oil.

Does that sound about right?! Going to do my Zumba tonight too. I'm keeping track using the fitness log of what I'm doing.

When it came to gravy i used oxo cubes instead of granules, you can thicken it up with a tiny bit of flour. Oxo cubes are syn free as opposed to granules. I pretty much ate the same as i ate before the diet, just modified how i cooked it.

I used frylight on EVERYTHING lol for sunday dinners instead of roasties i swapped for new potatoes... things like that made a huge difference in the outcome. Yorkshire puds were 3 syns each so i swapped down to 1 instead of 2 and i pretty much wiped bread off the menu totally!

Oh I'll do that tonight with the oxo cubes! Would corn flour do the same job as flour to thicken? Would that not be syns anyway or is it less than the granules?

Yeah I'm trying to cut bread out tbh. Sometimes I'll use it as my healthy extra b as I buy the small whole meal anyway so I can have 2 slices. But for soups if I want a carb fix I'll have ryveta :) I switched to fry light a month or so go. I really like it! I will still do roast potatoes though but I do a couple of quirts of fry light over them and leave them in the oven a bit longer! Can't beat a good roast dinner.

Corn flour is better than normal flour so yes use it lol You only need a tiny amount to thicken gravy up so if you really want to add it as syn then i would only add 1 syn for it. I also lived on muller light yogurts, i had them on everything as they are syn free too! If you like apples chop one up and add a toffee muller light yogurt and a sprinkle of cinnimon... oh my god it was like eating toffee apples!!!!

Ok just had a look and 1tsp corn flour is 1 syn and that's about all I'd need I reckon. Just to give it a but if thickness. Other types of flour seem to be quite high on the syn levels.

Ooo I do have apples and toffee muller lights so I'll be trying that one! The yogurts are great if your feeling like you want something sweet. Makes me feel like I'm cheating a little even though I'm not lol. It's the small things that keep you going!

If u mix porridge with a mullerlight and leave in the fridge overnight u can eat it warm or cold for breakfast and is really nice....presume you can do this with ready brek aswel xx

That's how you make the pancakes as well isn't it?

I've got some oat so simple packs that I could put in it. I don't like the oat so simple so it might be better in a yogurt lol.

Yeah u can make it into pancakes aswel...ive got another recipe for pancakes somewhere-il find it for u xx

I had one of these journeys for making the period of my weight loss a success. I would like to suggest the measures that I had followed for the weight loss. The fitness and health of a person depends mostly on the condition of the brain and then next to the entire body. The Meditation is the best practice of keeping these both healthy and fit. Taking an hour daily for meditation keeps us away from many problems and we will be stable and also healthy. Please produce some more attachment links regarding the various types of meditative practices and the different advantages of it. Please provide some more attachment links for the detailed view of the site.

telehealth

telemedicine

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back