My slimfast journey

Amyrose

Reaction score
Ok after a week of dieting i have decided to go that extra mile and start the slimfast diet my aim is to loose 4 maybe 5 stone that i have piled on this year through depression of loosing my home family and then my baby through miscarriage. im getting married next year so i want to be a super sexy bride.

Ordered!
yay i just ordered my shakes online :dance:will be here in the next few days so i will stick to wot im doing till then, I really need to buy a scales they scare the shit out of me as i used to be anorexic for years and was obsessed with being on them. I will be brave and promise myself if i check my weight more then once a week they will be binned. Im also shitting it to see how much weight i have put on:shock: at least im doing something about it now i cant wait to get my body back:lol:

started .............Weight 14st 03 LBS (VERY VERY ASHAMED!!!!!)
I did my shopping this morning and decided i couldnt wait for the post so bought myself 2 cans 1 strawberry 1 banana and some alpro soya milk. so i have started :dance: Im feeling really positive and very determined to shift the pounds. I will update in a week

Week 2............Weight 13st 11Lbs :yay::yay::yay::yay:
I am so happy that my hard work is paying off. Last week has been a tough one the first week always is. Making food for everyone else smelling and seeing it but then been left out is so dam hard but i want rid of this weight sooooooooo bad. The shakes are pretty nice i look forward to them now. my little girl tries to attack me for them so i have bought some nesquik strawberry milk powder to make her her own shake like mummy lol Saturday was the first time i noticed i had lost some weight as i had bought a pair of jeans off amazon and tried to wear them the week before and they were so far up my ass they were saying hello to my kidneys :shock: now they do up perfectly and are sooooooo comfy:dance: I know i can do this now and i will stick to it no matter how hard it gets. On to next! My target is 2 to 3 pounds.

week 3.............Weight 13st 04lbs:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I cant put into words how happy i felt when i jumped on the scales this morning. This week has been a hard one but i got through it. My need to find myself is far out weighing the benefits of comfort eating and now im almost a stone down i know i can do this. I have got myself 2 more shakes chocolate and caramel and im also now drinking Chinese tea rather then normal tea as it was the only thing i wasnt happy about. I have alot to thank the ladies on here for because i find the strength to carry on from them. thank you everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

week 4..............weight 12st 12lbs :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I am soooo happy. Im down into the 12s. Everyone is starting to notice im loosing. I have changed my diet a bit im now having soup or stir fry in the evening. I look forward to something hot at the end of the day which is good. I have started exercising when i get the time but i have also been quiet busy doing alot of physical work around the house this week. Im off to get a new tattoo that OH is treating me to.

week 5..............weight 12st 09lbs :yay::yay::yay::yay:
Im a day late with my weigh in as i wasnt going to weigh in this week but the scales was calling me and i caved.This week has been a very hard week for me I have been bleeding very heavily which is easing now thank god and i have been a bit upset so the diet went out the window for a day or 2 but i didnt mind i needed it. I went back on track yesterday and am in proper slimfast mind set today and determined to keep it up. I have changed it up a bit for myself still having 2 shakes but am now having a dinner of around 300 cals which i really look forward to. im very surprised i actually lost this week but that could be stress related. heres hoping next week is a brighter one.

week 6..............weight 12st 05lbs:yay::yay::yay::yay:
I had a good week this week i have been having my 2 shakes and my dinner in the evening. I have been skipping most days and doing my gym ball. i have had a busy week around the house decorating so im sure thats helped a little. I have had a treat of a chicken wrap from maccy Ds but i did earn it and it tasted soooo yummy lol
everything would be on track if i could just get this bleeding to stop its really taking its toll on me. I will give it a few more days then im going back to the doctor yet again. Apart from that im a happy camper

week7..............weight 12st 02lbs :yay::yay::yay::yay:
I have been poorly this week but i feel like im on the mend now. im happy i have lost but my diet wasnt really on my mind this week.

week 8.............weight?????

I have decided to weigh myself once a month from now on i am finding the pressure of a weekly weigh in a bit much an dont want to slip back into old ways of when i had an eating disorder.
I have changed up my eating plan to (dont like the word diet!) Im now eating healthy and just having a shake when i dont have time to cook a special dinner for myself. I normally have porridge for breakfast a salad or homemade soup for lunch and a 2 egg omelet shredded into noodles along with a salad for my dinner. i am still drinking my Chinese tea i actually love it and it really helps with bloating around AF. I finish the course of tablets the doc put me on for bleeding and got poorly again for a few days but i think im on the mend again its been a hard old journey since my MC but im getting there slowly but surely. I was at my mil yesterday and she said "your getting thinner and thinner" i was quiet chuffed with that comment as shes normally not one to notice. i will keep doing my weekly update and will weight in after 4 weeks im hoping to get a surprise. I would love to be under the 12st mark and would be some achievement coming from my starting weight of over 14st god that seems like a life time ago. good look to all my diet buddies xxxx

week 9............11st 11lbs:yay::yay::yay::yay:
I have taken myself off slimfast completely now and just eating healthily. I still am finding it hard to see what others are seeing when i look in the mirror i see the 14st me even though i know i have lost loads, its a very strange one to explain i guess its some of my old demons having a fight in my head. I am however very proud of myself. I wasnt to weigh in this week but i am supposed to be going out with Ali so i wanted to before we have a pig out haha.

Last edited:
Hey hun :wave:

I'm doing slimfast at the mo & I absolutely love it so I'll be thread stalking you to see how your getting on

xxxx

Aw fab kez lovely to have a buddy! how long have you been doing it and have you lost much. my little girl is asleep on my arm so excuse the crappy typing lol i cant wait to start i feel so motivated. i must find your thread and stalk your ass hahaha xxxxx

Oh defo always good to have a buddy with things like this, helps for general support & motivation

After the first month I went from 11st 4lb to 10st 4lb & I'm just coming up to the 2 month mark now so am due to weigh myself at the end of this week

I find the monthly weigh in works wonders for the mind, seeing the weight loss after a month works better for me then seeing it weekly if that makes sense

What's your goal weight & time period?

xxxxx

Oh defo always good to have a buddy with things like this, helps for general support & motivation

After the first month I went from 11st 4lb to 10st 4lb & I'm just coming up to the 2 month mark now so am due to weigh myself at the end of this week

I find the monthly weigh in works wonders for the mind, seeing the weight loss after a month works better for me then seeing it weekly if that makes sense

What's your goal weight & time period?

xxxxx
im hoping to loose 4 stone its a big task but if i get it off by christmas or early next year i will be very happy. this time last year i was a size 8 im now almost a 16:shock:

You will have no probs at all hun, I did exactly the same journey as you back in 2007. I did slimfast for 3 months to kick start me then went on to healthy eating for the next 6 months & dropped to a size 8

Now I just maintain my weight & if I go off track I jump back onto slimfast to help me out

Like you, I've got my wedding in turkey in August so whatever I get down to now weight wise I'd like to keep until next year

So what flavour did you get? Was it the powder form?

I always have the chocolate & use soya milk as makes it a lil more creamy & thicker

xxxx

oooh good tip on the soya milk i will get that in my shopping tomorrow am also thinking of picking more slimfast to as im an impatient cow and hate to wait lol i got strawberry im not a fan of chocolate i might also get the banana one i ordered one of those shake bottles online 2. do you cut out tea and coffee? im thinking of just sticking to water for the first few weeks anyway.

fab way to maintain you weight hun. my wedding is the 28th of july we arent to far apart. I would love a foreign wedding but just cant with the kiddies, xxx

Totally know what you mean there, it's always worth looking online at the supermarkets & boots to see if they have special offers on slimfast, boots had one recently & was basically half price, which us always good

Soya milk is a good price to & always lasts longer then normal milk. I'd stick to the original alpro soya though, I tried the unsweetened one & it absolutely stank & put me off my milkshakes

I cut out my tea & coffee but only cos I was drinking far too much of the stuff, like 7-8 cups a day & thought it's way too much milk & sugar so now I have between 2-3 litres of water a day

If you do fancy a brew or a fizzy drink then defo have them & same with a nibble, I don't have the 3 snacks your allowed so if I do have something a lil naughty I don't feel bad cos I'm a sucker for soya coffee frappucinos from Starbucks :)

I think the only other things I've changed is my cheese, now only have feta instead of cheddar, all my carbs like pasta, couscous, noddles quinoa are all gluten & wheat free, I don't have bread, I don't have fruit cos of the natural sugar content as it sticks to me too much & bloats my tummy so I have heaps of salad instead, instead of salad cream or other dressings I have olive oil

Mmmm.......trying to think of anything else I do or don't do.....

xxxx

thanks kez you have been so helpful i love salads so i think i will stick to them i think i would bleed tea if i was cut so that will be a no no. i cant wait to see it work xxxx

No probs at all hun, it's always a pleasure to help :hugs:

Looking forward to reading up on your journey, you will be absolutely fine & I have complete faith in you doing this

Your positive & motivated & thats the attitude to achievements & fab results

xxxxxx

Hey :wave:

Just checking in to see how your getting on my lovely?

xxxx

Hi kez im doing great thanks. I have been having 3 shakes a day rather then 2 and a dinner to kick start my weight loss. im sticking to it really well. i dont mind the shakes at all so it makes it so much easier. I cant wait to weigh in next tuesday i would be happy with a 3 to 4 pound loss. xxx

Oh wow look at you go hun :yay:

I was reading the SF ingredients list & has a lot of vitamins & minerals in it, surprised me actually

Also your body should go into ketosis, which I think the same thing happens with lipotrim & lighterlife & will start eating the fat away

Sounds like you got a great plan going there & even better it's working for you to

:yay: :yay: :yay: :yay:

xxxxxxx

I think your be very surprised with your weigh in on Tuesday

My first month, if I average out the total weight loss, it was about 3.5lb per week so defo think yours will be super fab

:yay: I'm so excited for you for Tuesday

xxxx

Good luck girls Im desperate to lose my weight can I join you? Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90