Life is so cruel :( - misoprostol and MVA advice on page 3

So that didn’t work! My uterus is both bicornuate (heart shaped) and tilted! The tools wouldn’t open the cervix enough for him to see which direction to go in without hurting me and that was with local anaesthetic. I’ve to go under general to get it done! They don’t have an exact time available for me so I’ve to go in at 7pm tonight and do an overnight and they’ll take me whenever there is time! Could be midnight, could be 8am tomorrow morning! Who knows!

I was an absolute nervous wreck, shaking like a leaf and bawling like a baby.

had to have w covid test done too so they know I’m safe for theatre when I go in! Had the suppositories up my butt too so literally the only hole in my body that’s not been invaded today is my ears lol!
What a bloody hellish ordeal!

The midwife (nicest woman ever) is referring me to the multiple miscarriage people even though I’ve only had 2 as apparently when you’re in your 30s two is all you need for them to help you! She said it could take a couple of months but that they’d do what they can to help my body keep a pregnancy in future!

Oh I am so sorry to read this :( you poor thing!

Trying to look on the bright side here for you at least you’ve got that referral fingers toes and everything crossed that this will help you.

I really hope you aren’t kept waiting too long and that it all goes smoothly for you xxx

What an ordeal! Been thinking of you littleperson.
I hope all goes well for you under GA. Sorry things didn't happen for you as you wanted. Keep us all updated with how you are doing! <3

OH was with me this morning, he was allowed in and held my hand through everything.

but tonight I’m just getting him to drop me off at the hospital and he will pick me up tomorrow! I need him to stay home and look after my son xxx

OH was with me this morning, he was allowed in and held my hand through everything.

but tonight I’m just getting him to drop me off at the hospital and he will pick me up tomorrow! I need him to stay home and look after my son xxx

Bless him he's a good one, take in your charger and a book or some magazines xx

That’s me awake out of theatre! They said everything went well. Need to drink, eat and pass urine before they can let me go home xxx

That’s me awake out of theatre! They said everything went well. Need to drink, eat and pass urine before they can let me go home xxx

Been checking in on you Yvonne so I'm glad to see this update, hope your feeling as best as you can be hun xx

Thank you girls!
I’m doing good! Got home at 4.30pm, ate my weight in McDonald’s and went to sleep lol! I’m still knackered but honestly not sore at all. Bleeding a little but nothing major. Just glad it’s all over now!

Going to take a Preg test in the morning as a baseline end then do one every 3/4 days probs.

Will phone the assisted conception unit tomorrow to update them about everything and get on at them to add me to their IVF wait list!

hopefully it won’t be too long before I’m pregnant again, naturally or otherwise.

For anyone future reading for opinion/advice about misoprostol or MVA:

Misopristol did literally nothing for me both times. Some cramping but no more than regular period cramps! 4 pills in the vagina each time along with two suppositories in the anus. The only thing it made me do was poo lol! However my advice/opinion would be to give it a try if offered! I don’t regret trying it at all. It’s just time consuming more than anything as you need to wait 72 hours after each try to know for sure it hasn’t worked. So the only downfall really is it prolonged the wait for the miscarriage to fully come to its end for me.

MVA: the local anaesthetic wasn’t a great experience for me, nerve wracking, emotional and painful without success. But being put to sleep with general anaesthetic and waking up has been painless. I was nervous being put to sleep but it’s not the same nerves as I had while having the local. And most of the emotion was taken out of the process as of course I wasn’t awake and aware or thinking about the miscarriage.
waking up being told everything went accordingly is a relief and a time where you can finally look forward.

Overall if you have the option of local or general I personally recommend the general based purely on my own experiences but I do know many people have success with local too.

I've only just seen this devastating ordeal you've been through and from the bottom of my heart, I am so sorry @Littleperson. <3

Sending you lots of love, hugs & quick recovery vibes.

Littleperson - I am sorry to know you are going through this, and fingers crossed for a quick positive result

Oh wow, I just read it all, what a story! I hope you won't bleed too much and that you will get pregnant quickly! How long until you can TTC again? After 1 AF?x

Oh wow, I just read it all, what a story! I hope you won't bleed too much and that you will get pregnant quickly! How long until you can TTC again? After 1 AF?x
Had a tiny bit of bleeding bf after it but nothing now! I feel totally fine from the outside but I’m a bit nervous of if it’s sore in there, think I’ll be avoiding dtd for another couple of days!
yeah they said let a period come! But I’m always of the impression that that’s more for future dating purposes cause if you fall pregnant before a new cycle it’s hard to date?
We won’t be ‘trying’ this month but won’t be avoiding it either I don’t think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back