Life is so cruel :( - misoprostol and MVA advice on page 3

I am sorry to read your story, I fully agree with littleperson - take time and take care about your mental and physical health. When you are ready, continue your journey and I am sure your dream will come true.

The saga continues! Bloods on Thursday were 553 and yesterday’s came back at 517 so they still can’t rule out ectopic but think it would be too small to detect on scans. Gyno told me that early pregnancy unit will call me tomorrow to get me back in for further investigation! I think if the hormone continues not to lower enough I will either be offered the abortion pill or another d&c. Last time we opted for d&c because with the abortion pill you’ve got to wait a few months before you can start trying again! But in the end the d&c messed my body up for longer than that so I think I’d probably opt for the pill this time. so typical, my body can’t seem to hold a pregnancy but also can’t seem to get rid of one properly either!

This is my second miscarriage, I know many woman have suffered much more.
Do you know is there a point where they give you something as soon as you get a bfp in order to help support a viable pregnancy? Like how many miscarriages before they do that?

The saga continues! Bloods on Thursday were 553 and yesterday’s came back at 517 so they still can’t rule out ectopic but think it would be too small to detect on scans. Gyno told me that early pregnancy unit will call me tomorrow to get me back in for further investigation! I think if the hormone continues not to lower enough I will either be offered the abortion pill or another d&c. Last time we opted for d&c because with the abortion pill you’ve got to wait a few months before you can start trying again! But in the end the d&c messed my body up for longer than that so I think I’d probably opt for the pill this time. so typical, my body can’t seem to hold a pregnancy but also can’t seem to get rid of one properly either!

Do you know is there a point where they give you something as soon as you get a bfp in order to help support a viable pregnancy? Like how many miscarriages before they do that?

Hi @Littleperson i have been thinking of you. I have had 3 and my midwife has said that I should have been referred but I haven’t been. I think that’s more down to my GP and the fact that I haven’t needed any intervention. It’s definitely worth trying to discuss with your EPU xx

Hi @Littleperson i have been thinking of you. I have had 3 and my midwife has said that I should have been referred but I haven’t been. I think that’s more down to my GP and the fact that I haven’t needed any intervention. It’s definitely worth trying to discuss with your EPU xx
Thanks mrs B! Deffo going to be asking because if there’s something I can take j will take it for sure! xxx

Thanks mrs B! Deffo going to be asking because if there’s something I can take j will take it for sure! xxx

I am not sure if they can do investigations or anything at this early stage. But definitely ask especially as you’ve had the referral to assisted conception too. Sending lots of hugs xxx

I had two miscarriages so I was instructed to start taking baby aspirin. Apparently it’s something commonly taken from women prone to miscarrying.

Thank you so much for all of your kind words ladies.

yesterday’s bloods dropped to 553 which is heading in the right direction but I need to go back for more bloods tomorrow because they can’t rule out an ectopic pregnancy as the drop was not substantial enough! So for now it is ongoing.

My darling cat is home with 3 beautiful kittens so that has been a lovely distraction for me.

ive been off work this week because of the MC, my boss was very understanding. However this is the second time I’ve been off due to a miscarriage. Part of me wonders if I’m being a wimp? And the other part of me truly believes it should be a woman’s right to take the time she needs when going through this. I just worry it will happen again and they won’t be so patient and understanding with me.
I’m sure there’s been other women in my work miscarry and come in like an absolute champ and just get on with it with the rest of us being none the wiser, but I just don’t know if I could be that strong! It’s playing on my mind a lot.
Omg you're definitely not a wimp and you definitely have a right to take the time you need. From the moment you see those 2 lines you fall in love with your bean. The tragedy of losing it through a MC is still a grieving process regardless of how many weeks along you are.
Don't worry about work, I'm sure they understand, but regardless you just need to concentrate on yourself through this. Unfortunately when the MC isn't going as it should its a very long drawn out process for yourself where the pain prolongs so you have to just concentrate on yourself and not what work thinks.

Its hard but you will get through it. Unfortunately life is very cruel and its so hard to conceive for some of us compared to others and some decisions are taken out of our hands and there's nothing we can do, but, I do believe everything happens for a reason.

It will happen for you, stay strong and when you're ready try again. I wish you all the best for the future and I really hope it happens soon for you xoxo

Oh no honey I'm so so sorry this has happened again :(
When I had my loss I was utterly destroyed; I could not comprehend the depth of the grief I felt. So much of it is plummeting hormones... it's like postpartum baby blues but with no baby. Don't underestimate that or try to talk yourself out of it.
I am so sorry and hope you get your rainbow soon <3

Hi ladies! Been back at the hospital today! They wanted to do a 4 day stretch then do bloods to see if that made any difference!

on Saturday my hcg was 517 and today it’s went up to 556 which is actually more than it was on Thursday!!!

they also wanted to check my liver and kidney function in case I need medical management! But they didn’t tell me those results! Assuming that’s fine!

back in tomorrow for a scan with a doctor instead of midwife but still at the early pregnancy unit!!!
Going to make a post asking about people’s experiences with methotrexate in a bit xx

Hi ladies! Been back at the hospital today! They wanted to do a 4 day stretch then do bloods to see if that made any difference!

on Saturday my hcg was 517 and today it’s went up to 556 which is actually more than it was on Thursday!!!

they also wanted to check my liver and kidney function in case I need medical management! But they didn’t tell me those results! Assuming that’s fine!

back in tomorrow for a scan with a doctor instead of midwife but still at the early pregnancy unit!!!
Going to make a post asking about people’s experiences with methotrexate in a bit xx

Oh wow I can't even begin to think what your going through must be such a roller-coaster I do hope you get some answers tomorrow hunny xx

Oh wow I can't even begin to think what your going through must be such a roller-coaster I do hope you get some answers tomorrow hunny xx
Thanks Holli! This is all very similar to the last time! Just can’t believe we are here again! It really does prolong the agony of it all! Most women after a week and a half of miscarrying are starting to think about when their next ovulation might be and I’m still smack bang in the middle of the miscarriage! It’s very frustrating!

Thanks Holli! This is all very similar to the last time! Just can’t believe we are here again! It really does prolong the agony of it all! Most women after a week and a half of miscarrying are starting to think about when their next ovulation might be and I’m still smack bang in the middle of the miscarriage! It’s very frustrating!
*sarah :wink:

Just an update for anyone following along!

The pregnancy is definitely in the right place in my uterus! Not in my tubes. So this is great news! The little space in my uterus where it should be has grown but obviously no baby! But it’s grown enough to confirm it’s definitely not ectopic and I don’t need methotrexate (the cancer drug)! So now there are 3 options
1. Do nothing and keep coming back for bloods and probably eventually need to do something because it’s not going away.
2. Have medical management (misoprostol) This is pills to dilate my cervix and make me contract! No long lasting effects and I can try for a baby again straight away when I ovulate! 85% of working effectively and means I don’t need to do anything else. Basically the same as inducing labour!
3. Surgery.

So I’ve opted for 2. Waiting on them getting me the medicine now!

4 pills in my vagina and an anti inflammatory and antibiotic in my butt lol!

To be honest this is much better news than I was expecting! So fingers crossed this works and that’s me done!

Quite annoyed this option wasn’t offered to me with my last miscarriage as my d&c could have been avoided but nothing I can do about that now!

Anyone got any experience with misoprostol?

Just an update for anyone following along!

The pregnancy is definitely in the right place in my uterus! Not in my tubes. So this is great news! The little space in my uterus where it should be has grown but obviously no baby! But it’s grown enough to confirm it’s definitely not ectopic and I don’t need methotrexate (the cancer drug)! So now there are 3 options
1. Do nothing and keep coming back for bloods and probably eventually need to do something because it’s not going away.
2. Have medical management (misoprostol) This is pills to dilate my cervix and make me contract! No long lasting effects and I can try for a baby again straight away when I ovulate! 85% of working effectively and means I don’t need to do anything else. Basically the same as inducing labour!
3. Surgery.

So I’ve opted for 2. Waiting on them getting me the medicine now!

4 pills in my vagina and an anti inflammatory and antibiotic in my butt lol!

To be honest this is much better news than I was expecting! So fingers crossed this works and that’s me done!

Quite annoyed this option wasn’t offered to me with my last miscarriage as my d&c could have been avoided but nothing I can do about that now!

Anyone got any experience with misoprostol?
Sorry you're still going through this. I've had medical management after a MC before and things went quite smoothly. Was given an oral tablet in the clinic then sent home and was booked to go back to the day unit the next day at the hospital. Was given a private room and had 4 pessaries inserted and left in bed to wait for things to get going. They left a stack of bed pans in the toilet that I had to pee in and catch anything that passed for them to check. The contractions were pretty painful but was given pain relief. After a few hours they checked me out and discharged me after giving me a suppository to put in. I had quite heavy bleeding for well over a week later so I recommend getting some big pads and maybe some incontinence sheets to pop under you at night time. I think I missed one period after this then things settled back to my usual pattern.
I'm sure some hospitals allow you to manage things at home now but each place is different.

So wish things had turned out differently for you sending you lots of love x

Sorry you're still going through this. I've had medical management after a MC before and things went quite smoothly. Was given an oral tablet in the clinic then sent home and was booked to go back to the day unit the next day at the hospital. Was given a private room and had 4 pessaries inserted and left in bed to wait for things to get going. They left a stack of bed pans in the toilet that I had to pee in and catch anything that passed for them to check. The contractions were pretty painful but was given pain relief. After a few hours they checked me out and discharged me after giving me a suppository to put in. I had quite heavy bleeding for well over a week later so I recommend getting some big pads and maybe some incontinence sheets to pop under you at night time. I think I missed one period after this then things settled back to my usual pattern.
I'm sure some hospitals allow you to manage things at home now but each place is different.

So wish things had turned out differently for you sending you lots of love x
Thanks so much for responding!
How soon after the misoprostol did you start contracting and bleeding? Been 8 hours since the tablets were inserted and so far just feels like light period cramps and no sign of bleeding!

Pushing my dignity aside to admit this one but I did poo myself at about 3pm! Knew I felt like I needed to go and on my way up the stairs is just came flooding out! Phoned my best friend and we had a right laugh about it... if you don’t laugh you’ll cry! But felt I should include for anyone reading and looking for info I wasn’t expecting that to happen and it very much can!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back