Ladies just over

ISH, when I was breastfeeding, I used to gently scratch Grace's feet or blow on her face and she'd wake up to continue feeding, if she didn't wake up I knew she was in a deep sleep and so I'd carefully put her down trying not to disturb her. The midwives on my labour ward gave me this tip.

Grace was a muncher too and my nipples were in absolute agony. Sometimes it takes lots of practice to get the baby to latch on properly, Grace wasn't latching on properly when I breastfed, the pain totally made the experience crap for me, as well as her constant feeding. Breastfeeding is hard! It will get better though hun, you'll be whipping your boob out and latching him on with your eyes closed in no time :lol:

I wish I was still breastfeeding, it's so rewarding. Grace still stares up at me with her beautiful eyes whilst I'm bottle feeding her though, which is lovely. xxx

It's all starting to look up now I can breastfeed while sitting, lying down and doing it created a lot of bad habits for both of us. It's been a tough night trying to get the baby to latch on properly in a new position, but he's a clever boy, he's making progress :D

I had my first challenge of BFing discreetly under a muslin today seemed to go ok!

TundraOwl-maybe worth putting a blanket under the top of the Moses mattress so it slightly slants up and maybe Mhairi will get on better lying down in that as not flat? Also I rock Fin to half-sleep before lying him in Moses basket face up, hands supporting head, body on my legs slightly swaying side to side so its easy to transfer him to bed as a semi-flat rocking position. Worth a shot? good luck xx

Argh it's our first day without OH today! Seem to be doing ok ATM O is sat in his bouncer watching Lorraine lol!

Gonna go for a walk in a bit after next feed :)

Yey !!! I found everyone !! Been feeling bit lost without everyone as didn't know where I belonged now !!! Lol . Rhea is 11 weeks now and weighs 12ib !!! Nearly doubled her birth weight bless her ! We r really lucky she has a bottle bout 9/9.30 then sleeps till bout 7/7.30 !!! Hardly know we have her at night ! She is turning into a cheeky madam too ! Knows what she wants and when and certainly let's u know ! Love being a mummy of 3 buy it's hard work !! Ethan is 5 in couple of days can't believe it .

Hope u r all getting on ok ? Missed u guys !! Xxx

Coping! This morning I've done last nights washing up, done our washing, had a shower and looked after the baby at the same time the challenge will be cooking dinner later!

My nipple got bit last night :(

Very organised !!! Cooking dinner is the hardest part of the day !! I tend to make things in stages if I can !! Like chopped my veg then brown if off etc having a lot of one pot meals that can b left !! Think hubby is getting fed up of chilli,spaghetti Bol, curry !!! Started back at slimming world now too so need to start experimenting again ! Trying to get Rhea to have a nap around our tea time !

Bless u ! Bet it hurt ! That's one of the things that really put me off bf . My friend even told me she had to piece her nipple back together before lo could latch on !! Full respect to u for doing it xxx

Confession time, only just got up.... Oops, we tried propping her basket up last night and it did help a bit, the only problem is she now has a cold so is feeling sorry for herself. She did spend some of the night in her basket but she wouldn't settle again. Hubby was up with her for about 2 hours then I took over. She did sleep then from about 4-7:30 then at 9 so i got with her, we had a bath and pottered round the bedroom (have sooooo much washing to do!!) so just come downstairs now :) ahwell, least we got a bit of sleep. We'll get there eventually!

We just got up too :oooo: but he had me up at 2:30 then 6am and decided he wanted to stay awake until 8:30am..so we went back to sleep then xx

Breastfeeding has turned into a complete nightmare for me :( Nipple shields don't work, as baby can't draw milk with them on, one of my nipples is covered in scabs and cracks and is out of action, if I pump it the milk is pink with blood so I mostly hand express, and I mainly feed him from one breast. I'm constantly terrified he's not getting enough food, this is not going very well :(

Called a MW through Medicom and she came over and was very reassuring, said my milk production in my 'good' boob will increase and I'll be able to feed him with one exclusively, but that I should keep the other one going as well, in case his latch improves and he'll stop hurting it in the future.

I want the best for baby, but I am SO having fantasies about formula right now. He takes HOURS to feed in the middle of the night, again and again, falls asleep on the boob, it's just too overwhelming atm.

It's hard! My LO likes having a 5 min feed, falling asleep then waking up when I put him down and starts the cycle again lol!

Ish if it's causing this much pain and stress you could consider formula and breast? I'm formula feeding and I know it's not ideal but William is doing so so well on it xx

Ish if it's causing this much pain and stress you could consider formula and breast? I'm formula feeding and I know it's not ideal but William is doing so so well on it xx
Everyone says not do try bottle before 6 weeks because of nipple confusion. There's just SO much pressure to breastfeed, I'd love to put him on formula and save myself the stress, to be honest!

Ish if u will be less stressed put him on formula the pressure around bf is ridiculous. I ff Orlando and he is very happy I don't think I am doing anything wrong. I tried bf but he wouldn't latch on and was miserable and hungry, on formula he is happy and contented! Obv I would have loved to have bf but I ain't gonna beat myself up about it! My baby is happy and so am I and to me that is the main thing

I know, Laura, I feel everyone would look at me as some failure and bad mother if I put baby on formula :(

I am worried about going to baby and mother groups for this reason but I am doing what's right for my LO and me at the end of the day

I was the only person on my ward at the hospital bfing! I think bfing is the minority these days which is a shame!

It does get better ISH if bf is what you want to do (and its not making you unhappy to do it) for the first 2 weeks it was very sore. Both my nipples were cracked and bleeding. I wanted to cry when Hubby brought het to me for feeding coz it was so sore and never ending. Once she was sick and her vomit was full of blood, it terrified me until I realised it had come from my ruined nipple. A little chunk even came away. But then suddenly it all fell into place, my nipples recovered and now its so easy and enjoyable. Totally understand if you want to stop just thought id let you know there's light at the end of the bf tunnel. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back