Ladies just over

Oh ISH that sounds so horrid. My friend told me to put vasoline on nips after every feed to get them lovely and soft and stop cracking-just rub any excess b4 baby goes on boob. Maybe u could express a bottle and give it that way and also some formula? My little man takes a bottle of expressed and the boob and hasn't had nipple confusion. Good luck honey-hope u feel better soon xxx

I really hope things improve for you ISH :hugs: if it's what you want then keep at it and get the support you need. If you do decide to switch to formula then please don't feel like a failure or think other people are judging you. I had no choice but to formula feed because I didn't produce and I felt like a massive failure, but I soon realised that me being happy made Phoebe happy, do what's right for you, no one will judge. And if they do they're are really not worth your time xxx

I do want to BF so much, but it's so annoying that I've got one nipple which works perfectly and is never sore and one which is a bloody mess. Honestly, I cried in pain every time I latched him on, my OH had to get out of the room, he was so stressed seeing me like that, until I decided to put that nipple out of action, it was ruining the whole experience for me and not helping me bond with baby at all.

Now doing better, hoping I'll be able to cope with BF from just one boob and expressing from the other.

I miss my bump too :( but Lilyannas giggling makes up for it big time!!

I do want to BF so much, but it's so annoying that I've got one nipple which works perfectly and is never sore and one which is a bloody mess. Honestly, I cried in pain every time I latched him on, my OH had to get out of the room, he was so stressed seeing me like that, until I decided to put that nipple out of action, it was ruining the whole experience for me and not helping me bond with baby at all.

Now doing better, hoping I'll be able to cope with BF from just one boob and expressing from the other.

Have u tried nipple shields? I highly reccomend them!! Have you checked if u have thrush?? If u have don't leave it or it will be agonizing!!

I've been doing bottle and breat since we brought Leandro home. My nipple was falling to pieces in his bought and tried creams and shields and nothing helped. Now I express and comfort feed and do formula and he's perfectly fine. Hv came round yesterday and said I'm doing well. I do feel there is pressure bf and even hv was like i should really do one or the other but to be fair we both weren't happy when I was trying to force myself to breast feed but now were more content with each other. And I wil continue to do both and if I can't I'm not going to beat myself up about it. My mum ff us as she has epilepsy and was on high meds and we turned out fine. Just do what makes you comfortable. As long as babys healthy that's all that matters and if your stressed hell pick up on it. And as My hv told me he's had some feed of you thats the main thing xxx

Hey guys :wave: Just trying to catch up again. Things are calmer here at the moment so I might actually write my birth and beyond story.

Ish, I have shark baby too but I think we are working through it. I had lots of help from mid wives with my LO's latch. Our problem is that he is a very impatient angry feeder. He can literally lose his temper in a minute or two if he doesn't get the milk flow straight away. So you end up with baby shaking crying straight away! Anyway after some work we're both learning to get a good latch and generally I manage a decent feeding sess. The little monkey does fall asleep on the breast very quickly though. We have to semi undress him or skin to skin, tickle his ear, blow on him, stroke his cheek and/or stroke his feet to keep him going! Last restort is to take him off the breast and lay him down on his own until he wakes up and starts to cry for a feed. Sounds a bit mean but it works and all the tips were gotten direct from MW's.

I have ended up mix feeding due to a few health issues I had in the the first week or so. Just working at the moment to get onus back on BF and less on formula. However my little man has been weighed and has started to put weight on after the initial loss. Honestly he eats, poops and sleeps 4 hours between feeds so is pretty regular.

So glad we have all made it here. Need Olive to come on and let us know how she and LO are getting on too.

Ish, Cameron has had both from birth and is fine, no confusion lol. I have expressed and he's had it out the bottle and then he's latched back on me no probs. I was really concerned about nipple confusion as well but there doesn't seem to be any-Mw told me its really rare x

I agree about nipple confusion, it's something we read on the damn internet and got us frightened, but MW said the same thing, that it's rare, so now I BF him and top him up with expressed milk from bottle and he is not confused in the slightest.

There is a lot of scare mongering about to bf or ff and not to mix bottle and boob etc but one of the most experienced MWs on the ward said to me she doesn't agree with all the chat about nipple confusion and do what feels right for me and my baby. Honestly the more I experience the more I think we should trust our instincts and do what we want to do/what feels right with our babies

Fin takes an expressed bottle and my boobie no problemos. I like to try and get OH involved in feeding...it's handy if I am out as well and it's not easy to feed him

I have never understood nipple confusion and I dont think I ever will.. A baby will suck anything whether it's a nipple teat dummy or hand! Lol!

Crying like a loony because I'm happy. Anyone else? Just me? Incredibly hormonal at the moment.

I've mostly been crying because I've been feeling stressed and overwhelmed :(

I was feeling really pissed of earlier for no
Apparent reason. Good old hormones and apparently its like this for a year or so. Fun times ahead ladies xxx

Hormones r a weird/horrible thing. I've been ok with them in daytime but at night with my disrupted sleep pattern I have had more dreams, some good, some weird and others horrible and I've waken up crying :-( hope this settles down soon-really weird

Dunno pinky..... She must be busy with l/o.
Mrsmc colic sucks!! I hope you managed some sleep :hug:

Ninja when I was in hospital I cried about how much I loved him and did this again within the first couple weeks of being at home. This quickly turned into tears of frustration and tiredness at 4 in the morning when he wouldn't sleep and screamed the place down with colic :( x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back