Ladies just over

It's fab isn't it? Just love the fact we all made it and r cuddling r Los :)

Poor Orlando has a cold feel so guilty cos he caught it off me :-(

It's fab isn't it? Just love the fact we all made it and r cuddling r Los :)

Poor Orlando has a cold feel so guilty cos he caught it off me :-(

:) on us all getting here
:-( Orlando has a cold-hope he gets better soon.

Fin and I have thrush :-( thought it was just nappy rash but it wasnt!!

Woke up after a night from hell, baby would take a few sips then fall asleep, then cry to be fed again, it was horrible!!!

Woke up after a night from hell, baby would take a few sips then fall asleep, then cry to be fed again, it was horrible!!!

Same here!! He kept me up from 4am until 7.30am!!!

I'm struggling a bit to get him to latch on properly, he's used to being fed lying down because I couldn't sit, and now I'm trying to bf him in a good position it would seem he's picked up some bad habits.

BF is turning into something ludicrously complicated for me :( I'm sick and tired of looking at pictures telling me how it's supposed to be done and baby refusing to cooperate. Plus he bites, one of my nipples is half dead!

I've got some other type, can't quite recall its name, but it's the biting I have to fix. I think we've made some progress last night, he's starting to learn to be less of a little shark and to stop hurting mummy.

How are you feeding Tyler? (love his name and love him!!)

Last edited:
Get lanisonah it is the bollocks I was getting really sore nipples and it really helps! He can suck on it and he doesn't realise. It's not cheap but worth it. Thanks Tyler's feeding well has the very occasional bottle but hasn't in the last 3 days he just hates not being fed all night :|

Def will get it! With all my collection of aches and pains, sore nipples are the last thing I need, thanks hun :hug:

It's such a relief talking to you girls, helps to know I'm not the only one having a tough time with a shark baby! LOL!

Mhairi is turning into a shark baby too! She kept us up from 2:30am til 6am this morning :( would not settle at all. I was knackered as I've been up feeding her on my own for the last 3 nights so hubby went and made a bottle for her and had her all that time so I could get some sleep. Only problem is he's knackered now and is still asleep! May send the kids in to wake him up, lol, hoping she'll be a bit more settled tonight, it was nice to get some sleep last night but I didn't sleep that well as she was yelling. Knew hubby would be fine with her but it's still hard to sleep knowing that she's not settling :( any tips would be appreciated, she seems to be unsettled when she's lying flat. Sleeps fine on us during the day or in her bouncy seat, wondering if she has a touch of reflux. Princess your baby has reflux doesnt he? What's the symptoms to look for?

Last edited:
I feel very blessed ATM orlando wakes once in the night about 2-3am for a bottle then goes back down til 7.30-8.30-am!

I am cheating tho and bottle feeding x

ISH, when I was breastfeeding, I used to gently scratch Grace's feet or blow on her face and she'd wake up to continue feeding, if she didn't wake up I knew she was in a deep sleep and so I'd carefully put her down trying not to disturb her. The midwives on my labour ward gave me this tip.

Grace was a muncher too and my nipples were in absolute agony. Sometimes it takes lots of practice to get the baby to latch on properly, Grace wasn't latching on properly when I breastfed, the pain totally made the experience crap for me, as well as her constant feeding. Breastfeeding is hard! It will get better though hun, you'll be whipping your boob out and latching him on with your eyes closed in no time :lol:

I wish I was still breastfeeding, it's so rewarding. Grace still stares up at me with her beautiful eyes whilst I'm bottle feeding her though, which is lovely. xxx

I'm struggling a bit to get him to latch on properly, he's used to being fed lying down because I couldn't sit, and now I'm trying to bf him in a good position it would seem he's picked up some bad habits.

ISH-I have used nipple shields since day3 as latching was difficult and Fin has thrived on them. Also can feed him expressed bottle as nip shield and teats v similar. Maybe that could help? Chris does the 10.30 with expressed bottle so I get to bed at 10 :)

I used shields then Tyler wouldn't latch on to me and freaked me out a bit so they are saved for emergencies now! They did get me through a night before I could get my cream tho!

Colic symptoms are persistent crying/screaming, curling their legs up, arching back/neck and the refusal point blank to lie flat most of the time :wall:
I have invested in a moby wrap which works wonders for getting him to sleep after a feed and then he will generally go into his cot after falling to sleep in there. Swaddling is also good as is lying them on their side with some blankets propped up behind them to keep them there.
Google baby massage too, especially water wheel massage, that helped Cam on one night.
Ish re breast feeding you can get Lansinoh on prescription. I got such sore nipples to start with and it was because he didn't take enough of my nipple into his mouth and they cracked and bled and it was agony :( now it just tickles a bit :) there are latching videos on YouTube which I found useful. You shouldn't be able to see any nipple whilst he's feeding x

Those if u who have colicky babies it may be worth asking Ur go if they do a service to help you. My drs has a babu clinic and I mentioned the other day that he was a bit windy and so they are sending someone to mine on Monday to show me baby massage techniques to relieve it, worth an ask girls?? Xx

ISH-I have used nipple shields since day3 as latching was difficult and Fin has thrived on them. Also can feed him expressed bottle as nip shield and teats v similar. Maybe that could help? Chris does the 10.30 with expressed bottle so I get to bed at 10 :)
I ordered them online yesterday, looking forward to trying them! Also got some of that nice Lansinoh on, it's sooo thick, but feels great. Fingers crossed - I've had good feeds today, our technique is improving and the biting's a lot less bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back