Ladies doing their first cycle of IUI or IVF.

Well I feel exhausted, information overload!

Wevhad our screening tests, hubby had sample done which was ok and nursr went through all the drugs. Its so much to take in including how to inject. I got a bag which will hold the drugs, it had information, cds on drugs and sharps box in. The drug company will call in next few days to arrange delivery. I am now just waiting af so can have baseline scan and get started. Good luck today let me know how u get on.

How did you get on miss j? My drugs are coming Saturday eek!

Hiya, went well but wasn't really the big thing I thought it would be. Went through everything, met our nurse and she agreed we would need to induce af so we aren't waiting ages to start. We start iui in about a week and half/2 weeks time. She's given me Norethisterone to bring on af and she wants to scan me cd1 so we can get cracking ASAP. Because of the cysts on my ovaries, it looks like I could be going in 3 times a week to have scans to monitor follicle growth but we will have to see how I respond to the drugs. She didn't teach us how to inject this time, but she showed us the syringes, needles and powder that we have to mix and we will learn how to inject on the next appointment which will be the baseline scan.

Are you just waiting for af to arrive so you can start?

Glad it went well. Yes, wait for af then baseline scan. Af is due any time from Thursday.

Last edited:
Hey missj sounds great how exciting. When do you induce af?? Eeekkkk... good luck to tinks too...

Thanks minxie. Will start norethisterone on Monday but tempted to start it before then just in case af decides to play silly buggers lol.

I wish af would hurry up. I have had spotting but need to be in full flow b4 I can have baseline scan. I booked in for tomorrow morning but looks like ill have to cancel. It will have to be mon then which is annoying as I should start injections on 3-4th day depending on my lining, so not sure what that will mean.

I wish af would hurry up. I have had spotting but need to be in full flow b4 I can have baseline scan. I booked in for tomorrow morning but looks like ill have to cancel. It will have to be mon then which is annoying as I should start injections on 3-4th day depending on my lining, so not sure what that will mean.

Ah sorry af is playing silly buggers. Hopefully she will make an appearance soon. If she doesn't arrive tomorrow then I'd just call and explain and ask what you should do.

Supposed to start Norethisterone on Monday but knowing it could take a few days for af to arrive, I'm half tempted to take it now but I don't want to mess it up so will be good and play by the rules lol.

I had to cancel my scan. Have cramps starting so af is def on her way. I have tried phoning clinic but they arent open now til mon. I just hope scan wont be too late mon morn as if come on tonight ill be day 3/4 mon, oh well guess there is no point worrying, but kinda hoped id have the weekend to master the injections.

Would it do any harm taking it earlier other than af coming sooner?

I'm sure whatever happens the nurses will make sure everything's looked after and that you're happy with the injections. I have to wait til my baseline scan to learn to do the injections which means I do my first one with the nurses - maybe you could do that?
I don't think it'll cause a problem just means my af might arrive earlier than the date we have planned.

Drugs arrived today! 2 boxes, one we had to put stuff in it straight in the fridge as it came with ice packs in it, the other we stored in a cool place. Just have to wait till Monday for my scan to see if I can start injections. Please god dont let me have any cysts or they wont start till next cycle. I just hope things go smoothly from here on in.

Scan went ok, lining is fine. She said I have 10 follicles on one side & 6 on the other so at the meeting at 12 they will decide if I should have a lower dose 200 instead of 250. 1st injection tonight eeek! Next scan fri.

How exciting! I didn't realise you found out if you have any follicles at the baseline scan, will be really interesting to know if I've got any lol.

Day one of norethisterone today, took my first one at 7am cos I just couldn't wait lol, not sure whether to space them 4 or 5 hours apart as I have to take one three times a day. I should have asked at the chat and plan.. :dohh:

I would take one in morning, one lunch time and one at tea time. Im sure 4 hrs will be fine. How long does it take to work?

On them for 8 days and af should arrive a day or two after stopping. Taking the second one at 12 then next one at dinner time.

Goodluck, hope af arrives quick for u. Im scared about doing my 1st injection later :-(

Thanks minxie. :)

Tinks I was told to do the injections in the morning so they're out the way and you don't spend all day building up to it. I'm going to try and do that cos I hate needles and I'm worrying about it already, maybe it might help you too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back