• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keslo's Pregnancy/motherhood Diary

Yes, I also feel a lot of sympathy for my nan, as she's a real OAP of 91. When I get up in the morning I'm bent over for a minute or two till my joints get working! :)

I laid in till 10.30 today but that's unusual for me as I'm also waking early normally. I must try to get to bed earlier.

I suppose this is the stage where we'll see the most growth and changes to our bumps. A loose fit smock top I bought a few weeks ago is now a bit short for me. It's not maternity so I suppose that's why. :think: I'm now exposing a little bit of bump underneath in between where the top finishes and my jeans start! :D

I hope your blood test results are ok.

:hug:

Hi

Hope your blood tests come back okay .
I am like you cant lie in partly because of Kiara waking at 7 am but I also cant slepe long and when i get up i feel so sore like i didnt even rest :?
Missed you again this morning . :) You are 8 hours ahead of me so it was 10 am where you are and 2 am , maybe we will catch eachother later today.
You are getting so close i wouldbe getting my bags ready if i were you , you just never know!.
Saying that i still need to but need to get a few things still as well.
Glad it sounds like you had a nice weekend.
Talk to you soon
Katrina

sabrina, i saw a lovely smock top in pilot yesterday, but it was £20. so i didnt get it, anything none maternity i wont pay too much for now, as id have to get it in like a size 14, and it proberly wont fit after i have the baby.

i keep meaning to group all my tops that do still fit together. so i dont have to try on loads in the morning to find out. ive still got 2/3 pairs of trousers which fit me, but the tops are in short supply.

im going to get a few things together today. mainly things for me, for the hospital stay. ill start buying a few bits and pieces soon, like maternity pads ect

yesterday, when i stood up, not only did my lower back hurt, but around the front hurt too, like pubic bone area. i think baby must have been quite low down.

had an early night last night. went to bed at 9pm. which was good as i needed the sleep. but was wierd going to bed when its still light outside.

its aweful weather here today. raining and windy. makes me want to hide in here all day, but the dogs need a walk. so im going to have to brave it at some point. :(

roll on 7th july. im more than ready to have this baby. i keep telling myself 'not too much longer now' but sometimes it still feels so far away lol.

i really dont know how i want the birth to be. im very self concious, and i think, oh ill have the baby this way, then think 'oh but if i do i might poop in the water' or something.

oh i dont know :?

right. thats enough rambeling from me i think.

i hope you ladies and bumps are well.

ETA: take a look at my ticker, im on the second to last pic now :D

I sorted my wardrobe out like that a couple of weeks ago Keslo. I find it easier putting the clothes which fit me all together. There's actually quite a few now :) After my Ebay buying session the other week! I'm hoping they will also sell on Ebay in a few months. I want to find my waist again! :think:

Yes, it's horrible weather here today. OH and I are going off to pick up a table for the kitchen this morning and this afternoon I have to take my parents to the airport. Typical that it's raining on the day I have to do a long drive. :wall:

Good for you having an early night. I'm still not managing to do that despite saying I will. OH is working extra nights at the pub and doesn't get home till 11.30 so I stay up waiting for him. :( Think tonight I really must get off to bed earlier as I'm back to work tomorrow :?

Sounds like your LO might be getting lower ready for delivery. Fingers crossed hey? I hope you enjoy your shopping trip. :D

i hope you manage to get an early night tonight sabrina.

good luck for your long drive. be careful of the idiots driving dangerously. some people are so irrisponsible, even in bad weather.

suppose id better start taking the dogs out. its the park for sasha, and some heel work for rebel.

Hey Keslo,

I hope you got on okay with taking the dogs out today - it hasn't been raining here but hasn't been nice weather either - bank holidays, eh?!

Remember a while ago you mentioned something in one of your posts about being embarrassed to use a birthing pool as you'd have to be in the nude, well I asked about this in my antenatal class and the m/w confirmed that you could be however you would feel comfortable - so if you want to wear a baggy t-shirt or tankini top, that would be fine - they'll use a mirror to gauge what is happening down below - I hope that this helps you.

I definitely feel like an OAP - I'm getting increasingly bad pelvic pain and my OH kept telling me to hurry up at the shops today - I was like "I'm coming, but it hurts to walk!" - luckily we went sofa shopping so I just lazed about on the sofas all morning!

It won't hurt to start getting things ready honey, I'm not superstitious anyway but I don't think that packing a bag will cause anything to go wrong. I just know I'd hate to be in labour and have to fly around the house getting everything together.

Anyway - gotta dash

Valentine xxx

Hi Keslo - I was thinking about the birthing pool too but wasn't sure if I wanted to be totally naked, so that's good info from Valentine. I suppose when it comes to it we'll probably be thinking of breathing etc that we won't really care what we look like!

That's a good idea to sort out your clothes too - I really need to do that because I spend about 20 mins each day trying on different things. I'm going to have a clear out on Thursday.

Hope you manage to get lots of sleep and also that your back isn't in too much pain xx

hi ladies :)

thanks for the information valentine :) i think i may go into the pool, if only for while im dialating. :)

weenik, im sure your right, i bet we wont care at all at the time lol.

had my midwife appointment today. my bloods came back fine. BP is fine als (even though i had a dizzy spell from rushing there :wall: )

im now measuring 32/33weeks which is abit of a jump from the 1cm under last time lol.

got abit of slightly concerning news. the baby is Breech :? there is still plenty of time for him to move, but if im still breech at the next appointment, i think she is going to send me for a scan.

she is doing my birth plan with my next appointment. so she booked me a double slot.

im going to book my labour ward tour for this saturday if they arent fully booked :)

me and my dad took rebel for a walk earlier, and rebel was on his long line. another couple with a dog walked by, and rebel said hello to their dog. turns out there dog wasnt very friendly, so i reined rebel in. the man had the ordasity to say to me 'if you cant control your dog he shouldnt be off lead'. i said 'excuse me, but my dog is under control, and is on a lead, its your dog that isnt on a lead'

i couldnt believe it. i was fuming. rebel had done nothing wrong at all. :evil:

i should have said to him that in the eyes of the law, i would be in the right.

think thats about all my news for today. been very achey today again. all round the back and front. ouch.

how is every one? have you all had a nice weekend?

Hi

Sounds like the pains ive been getting on and off maybe LO is starting to get into proper position for you ?? lets hope :D
What a rude guy to say that too you some people are ignorant!! Rebel is such a cutie :) the video i watched today made me smile he has such a personality :D
Oh and trust me when your in labour you wont care :? looking at my after pics yikes did i look scary :lol:
Katrinaxx

keslo66 said:
well ive got mixed emotions about the class. at one point i was petrified. they showed is drawings of the baby at different stages in labour. it was scary. i had my legs crossed :lol:

:rotfl: As my NCT teacher said...'you will have to take your knickers off eventually!!'

keslo66 said:
anyone else feeling like a oap? ive been getting so achey recently. and if i sit for a while, i sease up.

its horrible Sad

Oh yes! Its starting to get difficult even getting out of the bath! Its actually hard to believe it will ever get better again.

As for birthing pools, I have packed one of those support camisole tops to wear in the pool or tub, whichever I choose. I hate the idea of sitting there with my boobs floppingabout! lol

Hi Keslo

sounds like you are moving along nicely both in terms of bump size ;) and your organising for the birth.

My baby is also breech (again) after being the right way round only a week earlier. They can move about a lot still at this stage. I often wonder how we don't feel them turning a full circle :think: Or maybe they do it when we are asleep LOL

omg, that parent craft class was concerning. the midwife said 'if your baby is in the birth position now, chances are he will stay there'

me and adam looked at each other will a look of horror and said 'what if baby is breech now, will he stay there' she then said that he could move, and if not he will be turned.

she also went through a few of the risks of delivering a breech baby by vaginal birth. and that scared me. she was saying that the baby could loose oxygen and be brain damaged, or be still born :cry:

also talked about c-sections. i didnt realise they made the incision so low down. right down towards you 'doo daa' i thought they did it right at the bottom of your bump, like the creasey bit.

i found out yesterday that im not entitled to the sure start grant, as im not on income based job seekers allowance, im on contribution based :evil: so there isnt much i can do about it. im so mad.

also rang up about my maternity allowance, which im still not recieving. and she said 'oh it doesnt look like you have worked enough to recieve it :evil: a lady rang me back, and said she couldnt get in contact with my previous employer, so it was delaying my claim. i gave her a phone number, and said that i found a few payslips i could send her. so ive got to send them, and im also sending full contact details for all employers during my test period.

it seems like there trying to screw me over each and every way. how am i supposed to buy things for the baby. im nearly 32weeks now. time is ticking.

so im getting quite impatient now.

i couldnt get a tour for this saturday, and when i tried ringing back to book the following saturday i couldnt get through :(

so thats all my news i think.

are you all getting excited about meeting your babies? i am :)

right, must go check the other posts :)

bye for now :)

Hi Keslo,

I can't wait to meet my baby and hold him. These last weeks are really dragging by. :(

Sorry to hear you are being messed about with your grants and benefits. I don't think they make it easy these days to get anything like that. I hope you can get it after sending your pay slips off. :)

When I had a c-section with my first I was also surprised at how low the incision was. I can't see it now, it's disappeared over the years, and it's so low it could be covered by hair (depending on how you "style" your bits :) )

My baby is also breech at the moment. I hope he turns soon because it's quite uncomfortable. Someone suggested I do a headstand to get him moving today... bit drastic but I'm almost at the stage of trying anything.

Hi

Oh hun sorry to hear they are screwing you around how aweful :( I really hope they deal with it soon as it takes a while ot get through.

You still have a good while for baby to turn around dont worry hun. I had asked my doctor monday if LO can turn around and be breech still she said yes so surely yours can go heads down :)
I hope you get your appointment for the tour keep ringing them im sure you will get through.

I am getting excited but also, nervous :?

Katrina

Hey honey, You can apply for Sure Start AFTER the baby is born depending upon your and Adams earnings. Why dont you go see them or phone a helpline and go through a 'what if' scenario. But I agree that it seems they try to deny you all the way. makes me sick tbh!!

Anyway, I can't wait to hold LO now, its soo dragging.

Take care, and dont worry about baby being breech, mine was breech last Monday and had turned by this Tues xxx

hiya. seems a while since i updated everyone :)

been getting lots of movement from LO recently, and am hoping this is a good sign that he has turned/will turn before the birth.

my maternity allowance finaly came through. at £60 a week, as they cant get hold of my previous employer, so they said if they do manage to get what they need, they will re-imburse me the difference needed. im just glad im getting something now.

any one know how long you get it for?

going up to see my car on wednesday. its been off road for months. its concerning me what may be wrong with it. its a BMW 520i and im so worried that the MOT may be too much money for us to afford.

the insurance alone has skinted me royaly, at nearly £600 :shock:

anyone know what may go wrong with a car when it has been standing for a while? my dad has the battery, and has charged it, and we are taking some oil and a tyre pump with us.

i so hope we manage to get it back on road. as i miss driving, at it will come in handy for when ive had the baby :)

went to see boogy nights at the theatre tonight, any one seen it? it was sooo good. it had anthony from blue in it, doctor trueman from eastenders and alvin stardust.

id reccomend it to anyone, and really hope they release a soundtrack for it. would love to know who the main lady lead was though. the blonde short haired one. she wasnt mentioned on the board.

stretchmarks are really bad, just as i thought i may be getting away with it :( but as said before by some of you ladies, it is worth it in the end.

33 weeks now :D time is progressing nicely :D

im getting a 3 piece suit on tuesday :cheer: so far we have been using a crappy sofa bed which is so uncomfortable.

my mom is buying a smaller sofa for her place, so i get her old one. which is so comfy and cost £1000 when new. 2 arm chairs, one reclining :D i will finaly be able to sit in comfort :D

i think thats about all my news. exciting huh :lol: (there maybe more, but my my PG brain its all i can think of hehe.

hope you are all well. hopefully the weather will get abit better soon, but im sure we will be moaning that we are too hot :lol:

right must dash. :hug:

*Fingers Crossed* your little one might have turned around for you Keslo. I hope so. :)

Can't offer much help on the maternity grants or your car as I don't know much about either. I hope your car starts working ok though. :) You could try looking at the Dept of Work and Pensions site about your grants. They are quite helpful.

Boogie Nights.. wasn't that a film a few years back? I didn't know they'd done a theatre show too. Sounds like good fun. I love going to shows but haven't been to see any lately. :(

I got my 3 piece suite from my mum and dad about 6 years ago. It was 19 years old then and is still going strong! Well made furniture lasts and lasts. :) I hope yours does too.

I'm glad the weather has got a bit warmer. At least it means I can start washing the baby stuff and get it all clean in plenty of time.

:hug: Have a nice weekend

Looks like a good show. I think I'd enjoy it being a fan of that era of music! :D I saw "Dancing in the Streets" and "Tonight's the Night" a few years back up the West End and really loved both shows.

I saw Argos had 2 leather sofas for the price of one on offer. I was tempted but don't think it's a good time to go splashing out really. :)

My washing machine has already been on today. I'm at the lovely stage of having no washing to do now! At least that's one benefit of being off sick from work - I am up to date with housework! LOL

ive got so much to do. i just dont have the energy today. just want to go back to bed. dogs wouldnt let me though lol.

:(

maby i will get a sudden burst of energy soon :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back