• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Keslo's Pregnancy/motherhood Diary

thats brilliant then, bubba is cookin away nicely in there!! :D

Hello keslo :wave:

I just wanted to say a few things, my OH has days in the bedroom dept where he 'doesn't want to hurt the LO', he's even said it can be uncomfortable for him these days, so I really hope you talk to your OH and it is that and nothing more, you need a clear head, so ask him, do it when you go to bed, the lights are off, that should make it easier to say how you feel, and for him too :hug:
As for housework, all I can say on that is here's two fridge magnet quotes I got for a cleaning mad friend of mine;

**Dull women have immaculate houses**

**Clean, clean, clean, there'll still be something left to clean tomz, and the day after, and the day after that...CHILL OUT!!**

Hope no-one if offended by those magnet quotes, I'm just quoting :lol:

And YEY for your bump, looking good mummy to be!! :cheer:
Very Best Wishes :hug:

Hi Keslo,

I know what you mean about your bump getting bigger by the day (or at least seeming that way). Just this week a few people have commented on my bump too. I don't mind too much but one lady at work shouted out the other day "you are getting FAT" across the staff restaurant. I wasn't happy about that. :oops:

As for the pushchair/pram I've seen that M&P one in Argos. It does look very good value. I posted on the boards here about it have a look

http://www.pregnancyforum.co.uk/forum/v ... hp?t=28379

In the end we bought a second hand 3 in 1 M&P travel system from Ebay. It was a real total bargain - only cost £27!!! We've stripped it down and washed every bit of it. It's like new. We are going to buy a super duper new lightweight buggy when baby is about 6 months old. I can't see the point in spending so much money on something which only lasts a few months. :)

:hug:

Hi

Hope you get ride of that cold soon, gald things are looking a little better for you now. Your bump is coming along very nice hun :hug:
Katrina

hi ladies.

thought id give a quick update :)

i went to bed last night, hoping to get some sleep this time, as i had to get up to go to the job centre in the morning.

the baby decided to start playing football. and i just couldnt drop off. a sign of things to come i think :)

ive got a midwife appointment tommorow at 11.20 which im looking forward to :) i love hearing the babys heart beat.

im abit apprehensive as to what it entails this time. i hope they dont take any bloods again.

i need to get her to sign a MAT B1 form for my sure start grant and maternaty allowance. hope she can do that for me, as i want to get them in with time to spare.

25weeks 2days now. things are moving along :)

took rebel to a place called braunton burrows on sunday. it was lovely. loads of sand dunes and a nice beach. he loved it :D

how is everyone? did you have a good weekend?

Hi Keslo :)

I've been offline for a couple of days (went to Paris on business) so just catching up with your latest update.

Have you got rid of your cold now?

I have found the baby seems to be moving an awful lot lately. I'm feeling him all the time and, like you, find his kicking disturbs my sleep too. Of course I don't mind. I'm happy to feel him and know he's ok :D

How did you get on with the MW? Did you manage to get your MATB1 form? I'm surprised you didn't get it earlier. I got mine at 20 weeks and work asked for it at that time too. How about your grant have you done anything about that yet? There's so much to do isn't there? I just keep adding stuff to my "to do" list! :|

Sabrina
x

Hi

Sorry you aint getting much sleep hun your LO must be preparing you for later :)
I had an alright weekend Bernies sister and two kids were here and just left saturday so spend a few days cleaning up .
Now Bernies aunt and her daughter will behere any minute for two weeks so having more company :) and my baby shower is on sunday !!
Umm either then that aint been up to much.

Cant believe your 25 weeks now come on and join me in third tri!!
Hope if i dont catch up with you , you have a good weekend coming up :hug:

Katrina

hi ladies. havent been online for a few das, ive been trying to sort the house out. my mom and dad helped me, which is really good. because my OH didnt bother lol.
we moved the TV into the fireplacey bit (sounds wierd but looks alot better there) i brought a Big book case to go behind the door to put all my DVD's and some vids in. it looks so much better with them tidily in there.

also tackled the bedroom. moved my chest of draws to another wall, puts adams big heap of clothes into plastic bags, and genrally tidyed.
with the re sort, he can now get a wardrobe in. so he has somewhere to put his suits.

i nearly killed rebel last night. i brought some hoover bags, which i couldnt find anywhere, and they cost £7.99 :eek: well i put one in the hoover and was well away. left rebel in the living room. BIG mistake. he went and ripped up the other 4 bags :evil: i dnt have much money at the moment as it is.

the midwife appointment was ok. she had a trainee there. which i was abit apprehensive about. and i think it showed lol. but she was ok, im just abit dodgey about a trainee messing me about.

she measured my stomach, which is 26cm, so its right for my dates. that was good.

she gave me the propper results for the downs and spina biffida test. 1 in 3500 which she said was very low. thank god.

tested my urine which is fine.
blood pressure ect.

she told me that next appointment she needs to take blood. oh great i think.

she then tells me, that the week it would fall on she would be away and someone else would be there. i think the look of horror on my face said it all lol. and she let me put the appointment back a week.

i know her. and am getting comfortable with her taking my blood. i dont want someone else to.

i finally got my matb1 form. it is abit late isnt it sabrina. i need to send it off with my maternity form on monday. im going to go into the job centre and ask them to look it all over for me.

not sure what im doing about the grant yet. midwife said she will sign in next time, as she has known people have it done too early and have it sent back again.

adam quite annoyed me yesterday. he went to town to check his wages went in. and he came home with a moses basket, baby bath and a few baby clothes :| this all sounds very nice, but i wanted some input with the selelction. its OUR baby for lords sake, and this is the sort of stuff i can finally get excited about. my dad even tried explaining to him why i didnt seem too impressed with them. but he didnt take the hint.

he does it with anything else, and im returning it.

ive still got my cold and cough. its getting really annoying now. :(

right think thats about it from me,

saulino, thats going to keep you busy with so many relatives :) brt your excited about your baby shower. :D

im now 26 weeks :D :cheer: another week and i can join you :cheer:

right im going to stop rabbeting now :lol:

hope everyone is well :D

aww glad all is ok, i know what you mean about getting to know the person who takes your blood, i dont think i would be comfortable with someone else doing it..

take care, cant wait for your next update!

Hi

Glad your appointment went well hun.
I know what you mean about you wanting imput on buying baby things as its suppost to be up to the both of you .
Hope that cold goes away soon prob one of them ones that just last forever!
One more week surely it will go fast for you !
I am excited about tom, and all the guys are going to go play pool lol didnt want to come dont blame them really, Kiaras baby shower all the guys came and they hated it :lol:
Katrina

Hi Keslo

I bet you feel really good now you've had a little tidy up (and really nice of your parents to help out). I've been doing something similar too. I now have a lot more space in the lounge and kitchen as a result. I keep thinking of all the baby things which will take up a lot of space. Even a storage place for the pram would have been a squeeze a few weeks ago.

I'm glad your appointment went well with the MW. I agree I don't like having trainees in on the appointment either. I guess they have to learn somewhere I suppose :think:

I was told I need blood tests next appointment too. :| Not sure what for though. My dizzy pregnancy brain keeps forgetting things. :doh:

Sabrina

hi there. not alot to report really.

still been tidying. seems like its all i ever do lately. and the place doesnt seem to get much better :(

is anyone else starting to find things a strain now?

i find i get tireder than i used to.

also anyone having problems sleeping? its awful at the moment. i just dont seem to sleep much. ill lye there for ages trying to drift off, then when i do fall asleep, its a light sleep. and it doesnt seem to replenish me much :?

i took some photos today. thought it was about time :)

265002copy.jpg

265003copy.jpg

i think my bump is more pronounced now. when i look in the mirror front on, ive got that propper pregnant belly look (hard to explain)

my cold and cough is slowly going. it always takes me a while to get rid of them usually. doesnt help that i cant really take much for it lol.

i cant believe im nearly moving to 3rd trimester. i thought this day would never come lol. im really looking forward to the final leg, even if it does look abit scary over there :)

right i must go. hope you are all well :D

Hi Keslo,

yes, your bump is definitely growing and more pronounced now. Just like mine actually which seems to have almost doubled in size the last fortnight! :)

We've also been tidying here. Only a few more jobs to do before the baby comes so I do feel like we are getting somewhere. :dance: OH seems to have taken an interest in DIY so I am encouraging that very much! ;)

I have also had trouble sleeping and am becoming a very light sleeper. Although I had the day off work today I have been awake since OH's alarm went off. Just couldn't get back to sleep. Do you find you have to get up for a wee in the middle of the night like me too?

Sometimes the "end" seems a long way off so I'm glad to be moving to 3rd tri very soon. :cheer:

Sabrina

Hi

Hun your bump is definetly more pronounced now!!
2 more days and your joining me yay :cheer:
I am also very tired and dont sleep well, but will only get worse in the months to come :D
Hope you have a good Easter weekend hun! you got any plans?
Katrina

OH seems to have taken an interest in DIY so I am encouraging that very much! :wink:

i bet :D

i sometimes get up in the night for a wee. but to be honest, its not been as bad as i expected. i have however, been waking up quite thirsty. must have woke up about 5 times last night wanting a drink.

Hope you have a good Easter weekend hun! you got any plans?

and you babe. i havent got any plans really. adam is working tonight and tomorow. he will be coming home at about 3pm tomorow. so im going to let sasha take his place for the night :D

we are going to the theatre tomorow night, to see his sister. she has a part in it. the play is thoroughly modern millie. im not sure who she plays though.

then after that, adam is going back to work.

i cant believe im coming to 3rd tri tomorow :shock: i thought this day would never come. its such a good feeling knowing the end is now in sight, and all the sacrifices and weight gains ect arent for nothing :)

its wierd, ive been so looking forward to this next part, but im also abit nervous. ive got comfy in here, and i dont know what the next part is going to be like. ive had such a good time in here. and the few times ive poked my head around 3rd tri, it looks very daunting :?

oh well.

what has everyone got planned for the easter weekend?

Hey Keslo!

6 months pregnant today - woo hoo - only 3 months until your due date! And away you go to third tri - they are lovely over there.

We'll miss you though, but see you soon!

Valentine xxx

its so wierd, ive been waiting for what seems like forever to move to 3rd tri, and now i dont want to leave you all :(

so hurry up all and come and join me :D

Hey honey,

Any Keslo updates? How are you doing?

Valentine xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member