Keslo's Pregnancy/motherhood Diary

hi hun :)

ill pm you my msn addy.

ive also got skype aswell if you are on that :)

i cant believe how far gone i am. the tour of the labour ward was really good. the rooms are lovely :)

i wanted to stay in there and then to have the baby. nearly shouted, 'get this baby out of me now, i aint going nowhere' lol

it was so hot today. one bloke almost fainted in the tour. :shock: :lol:

Hey Keslo,

Good to read your updates, remember to tell us about your tour - what was it like?

That's great news about you being able to get your pram - it looks lovely.

Great bump pics - you have had a lovely bump the whole way through.

I am always hot too - I feel like I've been wrapped in a duvet since I've been pregnant - I'm always hot and sticky.

Love

Valentine xxx

Hi

Here we have to pay to have our tour its dumb :roll:

Your bump is lovely hun changed somuch since your last bump pic.
Your stretch marks are the same as when i was pregnant with Kiara !!
Katrina

Hey chick - great news on the mat allowance - well chuffed for you on the Trenton Deluxe front I know how much you wanted it x :dance:

Finish work on Tues - MSN you then - I am so tired after a v busy weekend. Funny - I have that 'want baby out vs sh**** myself dilemma' - we have the same symptoms AGAIN!

Take care hon

G x

Hi Keslo,

Congrats on getting your SMP raised (and the backdated payment). That's a nice little windfall for you. That pram seems really nice. I saw it when I was first looking in Mothercare.

Glad to hear your tour of the labour ward went ok. It's kinda reassuring to see where you are going isn't it? Much better than just seeing it for the first time on the day!

:hug:

hi ladies :wave:

things are finaly falling into place. and it is so good to know that things will be ok :)

Valentine: the labour ward was lovely. it hasnt long been kitted out. quite big rooms, and they have 2 pools there :) which ill be eyeing up :lol:

i really wanted to stay there and get it over with lol

they showed us the c-section room, (didnt go in because of heigene) i dont want to end up in there!!

thanks glow :) we really do seem to have the same symptoms/worries, its scary :lol:

wo0o0o last day at work today then :cheer: hope to see you on msn more then :)

what pram are you getting sabrina? or have you already got it?

i keep thinking 'oh is this it' at every twinge. im getting so tired now, i just want it over with. walking round town with a mate exausted me today :(

right must shoot.

take care everyone :)

Hi Keslo

I've got a Mamas & Papas second hand pram I got off Ebay. It was a bargain at only £27 and I will be using it for the first few months while baby can't sit up. It has a carrycot and converts to a pushchair. We also have a car seat for it but I won't be using that in the car (just in case). It's about 3 years old and is an older style, with a big shopping tray on the chassis.

After the first few months I have my eye on a new lightweight, umbrella fold, type buggy. Either the Britax Pop! or M&P Nipper most probably. I know when I had my first son that I got a lot of use out of the buggy and less out of the bigger pram so that's the way we'll go in a few months time.

Hi Keslo,

Congrats on the money, it will definetely come in handy. I also bought a pram off Ebay, and I'm so happy with it. I already have a big Silver Cross pram for long walks but I needed a travel system so I bought a Graco one - it's really nice, it's in neutral colours (called Earth Mother) and can be a pram, a 2way facing buggy and also has a car seat. I got footmuff and changing bag with it, it's all brand new in the box and I got it for £185. The seller had a really good feedback so I decided to go with it, and I'm glad I did because it saved me a fortune against other makes. Good luck in your pram hunting - let me know if you want the link to the seller on Ebay x

hi ladies :wave:

had my m/w appointment today. it was a different lady as my m/w is on holiday again lol.

im measuring a week short for dates again.

relation to brim now says 3/5 so im getting there :pray:

i mentioned to the m/w about the period type pains ive been getting of an evening, she said it could be anything really. stretching pains or the start of labour.

i think its the first to be honest. although i did have some this morning.

she just said to keep an eye on it. and contact them if it gets worse/have bleeding.

she also said i should be feeling 10 movements a day, and if not to get checked out. ive never thought to count :? so i have been panicking most of the day as i didnt feel LO move for ages after.

ive decided to go baby shopping next wednesday :)

thanks for the offer weenik, but i want to be able to go into the shop and push them around ect. :)

my bump definately feel lower now. which would explain the extra pressure.

im getting so darn fed up.

i saw a girl i know who had her baby recently. he is so so cute. she had him at the same stage as i am now. so i hope it isnt too much longer for me :lol:

my new thing now is, lucazade. im loving it :) its so refreshing and yummy :D

thats about all my news i think :)

every one abit happier now its cooler weather? i know i am. forcast rain for the rest of the week :cheer:

right must dash.

:wave:

what a day lol.

yesterday i had a show in the morning. i was really happy that things were progressing :)

i called the m/w just to let them know (as she asked me to) and she said it was fine and ring back if i had any more bleeding.

i had some in the evening, but waited to see what it happened in the morning.

so i got up today. and i had yet more blood. so i rang them back.

they asked me to go in for observation. just in case.

so off i trot, after texting adam.

i get there and get strapped to a machience. happy with that.

she comes back and says she is going to call the doctor to see what she wants to do.

adam arrives with reinforcements i.e some luckazade (sp) and a paper.
says he called in at my parents on the way and that mom was coming up.

so there i wait, and mom arrives. i appologise for waking her (she done a night shift last night)

i felt abit silly about all the fuss i caused. :oops:

doctor comes down. asks the same questions lol.

then asks the m/w to do an internal :cry: my heart dropped.

id not had one before. and dont like people messing with me. so i was petrified.

i go to the loo to undress and out i come with just a cover thing wrapped around me.

i was morifyed. i wanted to crawl under a rock.

was so uncomfortable. im glad my mom was there to hold my hand lol.

she then inserted a finger to check the cervix. and said she could feel the baby's head. so im guessing thats a good sign labour is close.

they then brought in a scanner, to check the placenta wasnt blocking the baby or something. i thought yay. a reward for what ive been through, i get to see my baby :D

well i did see the baby. but he asked if he could do an internal scan. i was almost about to burst into tears, as i thought that sort of thing was done with.

so i lay there and thought 'well if hes gna do that, im gonna ask if he can see the sex of the baby'

as at my 20week scan, the bloke was horrid, and didnt really seem to care.

he had a really good look for me. and said he 'thinks' :roll: it is a .............................Girl :D but he wouldnt commit. he pointed out to me on the screen what he thought was her lady bits :)

so i might get my girly after all :D

they ummed and arr-ed about keeping me in. but thankfully let me go home, under the instructions i had to ring back if i had any more bleeding or any abdo pains ect.

so. that was the most humilliating day of my life lol.

please dont think im petty for taking it so hard, im just a very private person. and anything like that mortifies me.

going to go to bed soon. its been a VERY long day. but i wanted to update everyone before i went to bed.

been getting some crampy pains still occasionally. mom and adam seem to think baby wont take long to appear. im not so sure. i think it might be a while yet.

hope you are all well. and that my tmi post hasnt been too bad lol

bye for now :)

What a stressful day :shock:

But then it does seem that things are starting to move along now. :D

Like I said, childbirth is a very undignified process and once it gets going you really won't care who is in the room and what is being done to you. When I was in labour with my daughter I was away with the fairies on pethidine and gas and air. I rememer looking up at one point and saw about 5 people who were doctors and students etc. Being off my head I apparently said 'Oh! Are we having a fucking party in here then or what???' :rotfl:

Dignity and labour do not go hand in hand so try not to worry about it :hug:

Hi Keslo,

How exciting - what a day yesterday was for you! Are you feeling ready for the baby to arrive now? I am being very stubborn and won't let myself think that the baby will arrive early (don't want to be disappointed, I think and also, I don't feel ready).

Please don't worry about being embarrassed and having people see and feel your bits, remember you are a patient to them and they are seeing you in a clinical way. I know you went to hospital to be checked out, but please also remember that you are within your rights to refuse any examination you feel uncomfortable with (including internal exams) - don't ever let anyone bully you.

It sounds like your mum and Adam were a good support to you. I have to back them up and say that I don't think this baby will be in there for much longer either! My bet is on Sunday 24th June, 1pm, 8lb 3oz!

Take care of yourself and keep us updated.

Love

Valentine xxx

Hi

aww hun how stressful but very exciting!!
Sounds like i could very well miss you LO's arrival . good luck hun
Katrina

Hi Keslo :wave:

Sorry I missed your post yesterday as I was away for the weekend. Seems like you've had a busy day of it. :)

I totally understand your feelings re the internal. When I had one at 21 weeks it was quite painful and I also felt really embarrassed. With my first son I didn't have any internals at all... none! (He was born by caesarian). I also think some doctors have a very rough way of dealing with patients and need to remember those "bits" down below are very sensitive. :(

Anyway, it's great you got something positive from the experience and found out the likely sex of your LO. :cheer: I hope the doc is right for you.

i really hope he is right. i would love a little girl :D

not much else been happening. ive had a few of what i think were contracions. and alot of pains in my pelvic area which feel like baby trying to get out.

maby baby is getting into better birthing position :think:

i so hope it isnt long now.

yesterday, my mom brought me some prezzies :D

he got me:
baby wipes (for me more than baby lol)
a bedding bale from mothercare (with fitted sheets, blankets ect) for £20 :shock:

terry towling baby grows (so cute)
and a nighty for me :)

i think she is concerned that baby is going to come before i go shopping on wednesday.

ive ordered my pram :D the trenton i had my eye on. as after the hospital trip, i thought id better order it, otehrwise baby will come and i wont have a pram.
so looking forward to it being delivered :) lady said proberly wednesday. :)

going to have a bath in abit, hoping it will get things started for me :pray:

been doing some much needed housework today. trying to give things a home for when baby comes.

OH's gran gave us the things she has been knitting for baby the other day :) she isnt supposed to knitt, because of her blood i think, but there is LOADS! and there just the first sizes :shock:

they are so lovely. little cardies, booties and hats :D

how is everyone feeling? are you all ready for your babies appearance? i dont think i will ever be 100% ready lol. but im about as ready as possible atm

moses basket is all made up on rocking stand
got nappies
got cotton wool
got baby bath
pram ordered
clothes sorted
both bags packed for labour/birth

right, going to go check the status of my pram :D then do some more housework.

hope you are all well :D

You are really ready so it sounds with all those things done. I am only 10 days behind you but have done next to nothing about packing bags for hospital! :D

How many sheets have you got for your moses basket? My mum made some for the crib from a big sheet for me, and I bought some, so I have about 12 now :shock: But I think they also fit the pram so that's helpful.

Have you got a lot of little baby clothes? I have and I am worried in case the baby is too big for all of them. I've told everyone to buy 3-6 month size now as I'm sure we have enough of the first size.

I hope your pram arrives on time and the baby doesn't come too early. I think Mothercare are quite reliable with deliveries so you should be ok. :)

Hi Keslo- glad to hear things are moving along for you....and that's good news about the doc saying he think's you're having a girl. I remember from ages ago you saying how much you wanted a girl. Great news you've ordered your pram too - I've had great fun folding mine up and down and trying the car seat in my car for size! Keep us updated with your news xx

well, still no baby :lol:

im trying to put it to the back of my mind now. as its more likely to happen when im not constantly willing it to.

my pram arrived on tuesday :cheer: really quick delivery, considering i only ordered it saturday.

had great fun putting it together :D

so now, its sitting in my front room teasing me :lol:

i done my last bit of baby shopping on wednesday. as im not sure of the sex, im only getting the essentials at first, so i can buy colours when the time comes :)

i think i have everything now. let me know if ive missed anything out:

Pram (with car seat),
3 bags of nappies
scratch mits,
hats,
bottles (just incase)
dummies,
baby grows
baby vests
cotton wool
baby carrier
knitted cardies (courtesy of granny :) )
booties
moses basket with stand
matteress sheets,
baby sheets,
baby blankets

for me:
nipple cream
breast pads
nighties
slippers
towel
flannel
soap
body wash
disposable undies
maternity pads

camera, batteries, make-up and music will be put in nearer the time, when i know i wont be needing them at home.

im sure ive forgotten to list something lol.

i got up 4.30am this morning thinking i needed to make a loose movement (so sorry) but turns out i didnt, but there was some pink on the tissue. contemplated what to do. and decided to wait till this morning and see what happened.

a little more pink this morning. but not alot.

i think it was possibly a little more of my plug??

im just waiting now to see if i have any more. adams just started a new job today, and my mom did a night shift last night, so i dont want to call them out when it isnt needed.

ive felt baby move today, so im sure everything is fine :)

still getting some pelvic pressure, which meezie told me is the baby engaging.

my mom is shocked that the m/w hasnt rang me to see how i am after my hospital visit. i guess its just something they dont do.

how are you all feeling? are you as fed up as me?

im getting so impatient, as im ready for the baby now. have all the things, but no baby.

im praying i dont go overdue, i dont think i could handel it.

please send lots of labour dust in my direction.

oh and before i go.... OMG! how funny was eastenders last night? it had me in stitches with the birth.

must shoot off now. hope you are all well, and i expect to hear all about how you are doing :)

xxx

Hiya :wave:
Don't think you have missed anything off that list :)

Eastenders was soo funny last night nearly as funny as when Honey went into labour. :lol: :lol:

Here's some labour dust for you :hug:
************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

thanks hun :)

im getting so excited now. it really is hard to put it to the back of your mind isnt it.

my mom said something which helped yeserday. she said 'at the end of the day the baby is going to come at some point, so try to forget about it'

so ive just been trying to busy myself with housework, until the time does come. :)

your msn is playing up again isnt it hun? you got skype? im on that too if it works better for you :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back