Going to start CC tonight. Sophies Diary

Miss.Monroe

Reaction score
just read through Jen& her men thread and its given me inspiration to try again. Sophie has never settled in her moses basket and so has been in the bed with us :wall: Shes obviously alot bigger now and kicking around etc.

I tried CC one night before and put her to bed she as alright for about 5 mins talking to herself and then started crying so i left her for about 3 mins and went up rubbed her tummy put her dummy in and walked away when she was calm. Did this about 3 times and then she was crying even when i was standing over her rubbing her tummy and comforting her. So i gave up and got her out! brought her downstairs and she went to sleep! grrr

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the HV only really told me what i already know. Your experiences would spur me on. once ive cracked it ill be a happy girl!

Shall i persist even if she wont settle when im am there with her?
Shall i increase the amount of time i leave her?
How long shall i spend in the room?

Im going to give her a bath bottle read a book with her before.

Thanks girls :hug:

hi, i had to do cc with both my babes. its not nice and sometimes a little upsetting but it worked for me, especially with my little girl. she wouldnt sleep at all and i was shattered. to the point i was dropping off to sleep when it was only me and the kids. at first grace screamed the place down, i went in every 2 mins, stroked her and put her dummy back then would leave her even if she did not stop crying. this went on for over an our but eventually she cried herself out. over the next few nights she was the same and we upped the time to 5 mins. it took about a week but she finally got the message we were not going to run in all the time. i still use it now with her and i usually leave her for 15 mins at a time. basically she is a right maddam and didnt like not getting her own way. i believe as long as you know that they are not hungry, dirty to hot etc that leaving them to cry wont hurt. i wouldnt try it with a young child, i think ours were 8 mths+ when we did cc. hope its successful for you. feel free to pm me. x

Although we dont do CC (as such) i do the same kinda routine you're on about and it's really helped to get her settled for bed, i bath her, usually a long bath as she likes to play, dress her then sit in her room and read a book to her and then i feed her, she's settled really well so far, and i've been able to put her to bed not quite asleep with minimal crying. We're hoping to get her out of the habit of sleeping with a boob in her mouth.

Good luck

Update - Sophie is quiet in her cot but not asleep yet! Im glad i didnt pick her up!

First night tonight

Shes been in her cot since 9.40 and is still screaming her head off :wall: :(

Its so hard not to pick her up :(

Been going up and down every 5 mins

Shall i now increase the time gap?

Shes so tired bless her :pray:

Hi hun :hug:

I know what it is like to go throught sleepless nights. I had it all till Daniel's first birthday when we tried CC.

But, I think your LO is a bit too young for it yet. I would wait a couple more months.....

And, what worked best for us not actually leaving him in the room screaming but sitting on the floor in his room and not paying any attention to his crying. Eventually he would drop to sleep an it took less and less time. Worked best for us.

she fell asleep at 10.30 and didnt wake till 2.50am so thats a good start! :dance:

When we were going to do CC with Dylan the health visitor gave us a good piece of advice. She said to keep a tally chart of how many times you go into their room and if it's working successfully you should see a decrease in teh number of times over the week. Im doing this at the moment but we are using our own method. Im using CC if this doesn't work but so far so good. Hope Sophie is settling for you better tonight xx

We put her new mobile up for her last night and put her down to bed when she was tired about 10pm and we didnt have to go in to her once! she spent about ten minutes looking at hernew mobile then went of to sleep! She did wake at midnight but i am so happy that she didnt make a fuss when she was in her cot! the mobile has made a big difference. Lets hope this is the start of something wonderful! :cheer: (i really miss her not being in the bed though!)

Last night was even better. After entertaining her so she didnt fall asleep at about 5pm like she usually does, she fell off to sleep at 8.30 and i took her up to her cot. She didnt wake till midnight! yay!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back