July 2019 mummies

My scan went really well. Twin 1 was not cooperating and you could seem them using me as a tranpoline. Im 13+5 and due 10.07.19

Very excited now!View attachment 83183

Lovely pics :)
Are they similar in size? Mine still are a bit apart. The bigger one is fine, wriggling all over the place and refusing to cooperate to be measured. The smaller one is 8 days behind. The look the sonographer gave us was not confidence installing at all. She said the difference is very large (but it was this on the first scan here 5 weeks ago and it's still growing). So God knows. They say not to worry but also say there may be something wrong so I have to wait for the screening to come back before they decide to scan me again before 20 weeks or not.
There's nothing I can do and it feels awful to think one isn't OK, but it's still there and growing so I have no idea what I'm supposed to think. Gp said we just have to wait and see, I know that!

Are they similar in size? Mine still are a bit apart. The bigger one is fine, wriggling all over the place and refusing to cooperate to be measured. The smaller one is 8 days behind. The look the sonographer gave us was not confidence installing at all. She said the difference is very large (but it was this on the first scan here 5 weeks ago and it's still growing). So God knows. They say not to worry but also say there may be something wrong so I have to wait for the screening to come back before they decide to scan me again before 20 weeks or not.
There's nothing I can do and it feels awful to think one isn't OK, but it's still there and growing so I have no idea what I'm supposed to think. Gp said we just have to wait and see, I know that!
Praying that everything is fine Radley <3

One was slightly bigger than the other, I think she said measuirng a day apart still but they take the bigger ones measurements for dates.

Surely if its the same difference as per your previous scan then they are both growing at the same rate. Fingers crossed all is ok and the worry is for nothing. Try not to stress too much as Im sure all will be ok xx

I have a scan at 18 weeks to measure mt cervix. Apparently anything under 35mm for a twin pregnancy is worrying and they offer treatment anything above they are haopy with. All very interesting to read.

Radley Ive just looked at my scan notes and there is 1.1mm difference in size for mine.
A healthy beating heart is the main thing. Hope you are ok x

That's no difference at all really so all reassuring x

The gap is more for mine, quite a bit more but as you said it is still the same as last time and they are growing so who knows.

I had to see work occi health today and ended up breaking down with the nurse. I think I've just been so unwell recently and this on top (although it may well all be fine) is just too much to get my head around atm. I'm just trying to concentrate on feeling well, getting the nasuea under control so I can eat and drink more. I'd like to feel excited and happy and I'm sure I will eventually but right now I can't imagine that, it's all been so draining.

Sorry for the moan. I know I'm lucky to be where I am, and j am grateful. I just hope this journey starts to get easier

That's no difference at all really so all reassuring x

The gap is more for mine, quite a bit more but as you said it is still the same as last time and they are growing so who knows.

I had to see work occi health today and ended up breaking down with the nurse. I think I've just been so unwell recently and this on top (although it may well all be fine) is just too much to get my head around atm. I'm just trying to concentrate on feeling well, getting the nasuea under control so I can eat and drink more. I'd like to feel excited and happy and I'm sure I will eventually but right now I can't imagine that, it's all been so draining.

Sorry for the moan. I know I'm lucky to be where I am, and j am grateful. I just hope this journey starts to get easier

You are not moaning at all! Vent away as much as you want.
Did they schedule you for another scan?

I think I would keep telling myself that although one is a bit behind (non identical do implant at different times)
They are both growing consistenly in line with each other. Both have healthy beating hearts and are making you really sick! All amazing signs.

Sometimes I think health professionals cause unnecessary worry! I was told yesterday both placentas are anterior and one is very low and if I had any bleesing go straight in. Ive chosen to block this out and unless something happens not to worry.

Hope you are ok x

I understand completely why you’re worried BUT I think they are out of order to worry you. The fact is the sizing hasn’t changed and is consistent. They have both grown and tbh, probably at the same rate because the difference is still the same. It’s quite possible that one implanted later than the other.

I’m obviously not a medical professional but for you, I think the fact that the change in size is consistent is a massive thing! I really really do.

Thanks ladies, it really means a lot. I think my thinking is the same as yours tbh, both are growing so that's good and hearts are beating away.

I think also being in my job doesn't help, not that it makes me worry more but it bugs me when people's bedside manner isn't as good as mine is. I explain everything and gain consent from my patient before I do anything and some of the staff I've met just don't do that and I honestly don't think it's good enough. If I treated every person like I've seen their complaint a hundred times before then their experience would be awful and they'd be scared. We don't work that way and I'm so glad we don't!

Still feeling sick but I'm definitely eating and drinking more, 6 glasses yesterday - that's lile a world record for me atm. Going to just keep plugging away at the resting and hopefully I'll feel a bit better.

No other scan yet. They said it depends on the screening bloods. So I'll hear soon if it's not good, or next week if it's fine.

I just want to feel normal but there's this cloud hanging over atm and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Ladies! My Doppler arrived today and I found my little spuds heart beat! Hubby is away for the week so I recorded it for him! It is amazing.

Thanks ladies, it really means a lot. I think my thinking is the same as yours tbh, both are growing so that's good and hearts are beating away.

I think also being in my job doesn't help, not that it makes me worry more but it bugs me when people's bedside manner isn't as good as mine is. I explain everything and gain consent from my patient before I do anything and some of the staff I've met just don't do that and I honestly don't think it's good enough. If I treated every person like I've seen their complaint a hundred times before then their experience would be awful and they'd be scared. We don't work that way and I'm so glad we don't!

Still feeling sick but I'm definitely eating and drinking more, 6 glasses yesterday - that's lile a world record for me atm. Going to just keep plugging away at the resting and hopefully I'll feel a bit better.

No other scan yet. They said it depends on the screening bloods. So I'll hear soon if it's not good, or next week if it's fine.

I just want to feel normal but there's this cloud hanging over atm and I don't know how to get rid of it.

Exactly that! Currently you have no reason to think anything is wrong other than the sonographer. So block the silly lady and her confidence rocking looks/mannerisms and focus on the fact both are growing beautifully and making you feel like cr*p at the same time.

What do you do for a living?
I am a nicu nurse and I am always shocked by how some of my colleagues speak to the parents of our babies that are fighting for their lives! Ive always told myself the day I 'stop caring' is the day I hang my tunic up! Just got to continue believing in your own mannerism and morals.
Unwanted stress is not welcome!!

Radley can I ask what your nuchal measurements were for both?

Sugar thats great. Im debating buying one, but after being told both placentas are anterior im not sure id be able to hear much other than the placentas!

You do a hard job on nicu, amazing one thought. I spent a placement day on picu here and that was really interesting. I'm a Paramedic.

Nucal were 1.1mm for the smaller one and 1.6 for the larger. I don't really know what that means tbh so I will wait for the blood test results I guess.

The midwife that did my training said that it's common for people to say when you are pregnant, your dignity gets left at the door. She said it shouldn't be that way and I'm inclined to agree with her! Im not even sure how I feel about breastfeeding in public, I don't want to have both my boobs out! God no.

I understand what you mean about breastfeeding. I plan to do it for the first 6 weeks but will be expressing. Partly so others can feed baby but also because I don’t want to get the boobs out in a cafe somewhere. Also because in my head I think a routine will come easier via bottle (maybe wrongly)

My nuchal measurements stressed me out a bit. One was 2 which is fine and the other 2.7 - which is the higher end of normal. They said 3 days if im considered high risk so heres hoping for no contact!

Im so used to seeing women just sitting there with their boobs out at work and maintaining a conversation whilst they double pump im not bothered. They also make some amazing breast feeding aprons now. You dont even know the baby is under there.

I will try breast feeding and then express pretty quickly so my husband can help.

I only lasted 6 weeks breast feeding my son and formula was costing me £50/£60 a month for just one id rather avoid that for 2!

And very true that nothing breaks coyness like having a baby! I used to be very private and shy. The thought of a smear sent me into panic, but after my son anything goes. I was having swabs taken for rhe study on Monday and whilst im spread eagle on the bed im having a conversation about food!

X

Those nuchual folds are all good measurements. Mine was alot higher, so had results fast tracked, but thankfully all came back low risk.

Lovely scan pics @Emmacharlotte <3
@Radleycat sorry you’re still worried. Keeping everything crossed for you that the littlest keeps up with its sibling.

Had my booking in. Since giving birth last time they’ve stopped using the green notes which I was pleased about - it was a pain bringing them everywhere lol! Seems like a better idea using an app:)
I’m considered High Risk as I had hypertension in my first (and post) labour, and Gestational Diabetes in my 2nd pregnancy.
She asked if I had a birth plan in mind and I said ‘yep, I’ll come straight in for an epidural’:rotfl: my body is ok with pregnancy but doesn’t seem to agree with labour - the pain increases but I simply don’t dialate without drugs. So, 3rd time wiser and I’m going straight for the epidural. I might even enjoy it this time:think:

12 week scan next week. Nausea and exhaustion are slowly going. I hope it’s just because I’m approaching 12 weeks and not because something’s wrong:shock:

Lovely scan pics @Emmacharlotte <3
@Radleycat sorry you’re still worried. Keeping everything crossed for you that the littlest keeps up with its sibling.

Had my booking in. Since giving birth last time they’ve stopped using the green notes which I was pleased about - it was a pain bringing them everywhere lol! Seems like a better idea using an app:)
I’m considered High Risk as I had hypertension in my first (and post) labour, and Gestational Diabetes in my 2nd pregnancy.
She asked if I had a birth plan in mind and I said ‘yep, I’ll come straight in for an epidural’:rotfl: my body is ok with pregnancy but doesn’t seem to agree with labour - the pain increases but I simply don’t dialate without drugs. So, 3rd time wiser and I’m going straight for the epidural. I might even enjoy it this time:think:

12 week scan next week. Nausea and exhaustion are slowly going. I hope it’s just because I’m approaching 12 weeks and not because something’s wrong:shock:
Epidural sounds like a good plan to me. Although 3rd time, make sure you get it quickly and haven't gone too far to have it, that wouldn't be fun.

So I booked my 16 week app today (will actually be 17weeks as the clinic is mega busy but that's fine) and I had my 20 week scan come through for 1st March. So that must mean they don't want to see me again beforehand as they said I would get a phone call within 3 days so I'm taking that as good news.

Also I had a read through my report and it said restricted view due to bmi (rude) so that means the measurements arent that accurate. Honestly, she was pushing down so hard it actually hurt and she almost went through to the bed I was laying on!

Hey girlies :)
I am new here . Just been watching the thread so far.
I had an early scan due to previous ectopic pregnancy at 6+4 weeks and seen a lovely picture of our baby and seen it's heart fluttering away it was measuring at 7+4 . So had my 12 week scan today and what a suprise me and hubby got when midwife said we are expecting twins. the biggest measures at 13+4 and smallest at 12 +6 but the lady didn't seem concerned about difference ,said it is perfectly normal!!!!!! Still can't believe it . I am really nervous as the risks are higher. So will need your support through this .

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back