IUI booked!!

BUGGY82

Reaction score
So I went for my scan and my folical is 24.2 so nice and big following the Femora. I had a smaller one too so maybe that will pop out as well. They gave me the ovulation trigger shot so I'm booked in for IUI tomorrow afternoon!! I'm so bloody excited!
My only worry is that the doctor told us the last day to have sex was day 10 or 11 so naturally we kept going till day 11 which was yesterday, so now OH has to give his deposit tomorrow which will only be 36 hours rather than the recommended minimum of 48 so were a bit worried his sample wont be good enough. What do you think, will it be ok?
I think it will be but still worried!

Wow it is all happening in here today :) I am sure your oh's sperm will be fine hunny try not to worry. I hope everything goes well for you tomorrow and I will make sure I check out the bfp section in about 2 weeks ;)

Oh my gosh that's crazy! Nail biting stuff! It' so exciting :dance:

I wouldn't worry. If he has decent spermies, 12 hours will make little difference i think.

If the sample is a bit lacking, they can get him to go again and wash multiple samples together for the proceedure :)

Good luck Buggy - i really hope this will be it for you xx

Thank you, I'm hoping they let him do multiple samples anyway, I want as many in there as possible to give us the best shot! I have everything crossed it works first time but realistically it could take a few goes or not work at all. I'm staying positive though & hoping for the best!

Good luck today hun hope it goes ok and sending you loads of luck x x

Just deposited the specimen & gave them a kiss for good luck, we have to wait 2 hours while they wash it then I'll be in for the insemination. I'll let you know how that goes!

Glad all is going well hun, hope the insemination part isn't to uncomfortable for you x x

It's sounding good Buggy, hope it goes well for you xxx

Just got home from having the IUI, OH sperm results weren't as good as we'd hoped but that was due to the number of hours, only 39 rather than the recommended 48. So we had 3 million good ones & whatever they do when they wash them bumped up all his results apart from count, so were pretty happy really.
It was really uncomfortable, took her ages to get the catheter in but it all went smoothly so now I'm laying in bed resting with my hips up giving them the best shot!
Thanks for all your support it really helped today!

Oh wow hun I really do hope it went well. Will you need to test in a couple weeks then? This is all very exciting, I bet you are in a tizz now :hug: xx

Yeh she said I could test in 15 days I really wishing for my BFP! Feeling very positive & excited today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back