Is this selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are u getting on Charlene? Hope ur doing ok :) x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Was anything taken further with the idea of a support thread?? Think that would be a good idea x

Is it selfish that I dont want to quit smoking this pregnancy. I quit with my first pregnancy but im just not emotionally ready for it yet

Sent from my SK17i using Tapatalk

She didn't ask for support, she asked if it was selfish to not quit smoking this pregnancy.
So I'm sorry but what replies did you expect? Nicey nicey "noooo, not selfish at all hun"???
I'm afraid it is extremely selfish (i think the op already knew this) and I agree with all the other girls who think so too.
Now I'd she'd come on and said "I really want to quit but I'm struggling" - that's a different story!

I agree with previous comments, if you look back, but what she said was just mocking...

And ok, she didnt come out and ask for support, but isnt that what PF is for??

No, she is clearly selfish and irresponsible. It's one thing to be a smoker, fall pregnant and be struggling to stop (personally I think even if you're struggling to stop its still hideous, but at least you are trying to do the right thing). I feel sorry for this girl's current child and her unborn baby.

And all these people saying good luck on quitting?? Why? She's not even trying?

Tbh with you Hun I don't see the problem I smoke and have since I fell pregnant just don't smoke as much your not a bad person or mum as some people are getting to that point yes it is hard to stop and if you have never smoked before then you don't understand but you can't judge someone or say there a bad person for smoking while pregnant everyone I know that has smoked as gone on to have healthy baby's as everyone else said thats just what I think x hope you get it sorted Hun its your choice no one can tell you what to do Hun xxx I do agree with what some of the girls are saying but like I said its up to you xxxx

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I agree with previous comments, if you look back, but what she said was just mocking...

And ok, she didnt come out and ask for support, but isnt that what PF is for??

Support for what though? She's said she doesn't want to quit???

Tbh with you Hun I don't see the problem I smoke and have since I fell pregnant just don't smoke as much your not a bad person or mum as some people are getting to that point my mw said it would be fine to smoke just to cut down yes it is hard to stop and if you have never smoked before then you don't understand but you can't judge someone or say there a bad person for smoking while pregnant everyone I know that has smoked as gone on to have healthy baby's as everyone else said thats just what I think x hope you get it sorted Hun its your choice no one can tell you what to do Hun xxx I do agree with what some of the girls are saying but like I said its up to you xxxx

That's the point you don't se the problem but if you were able to see what you're doing to your baby's insides then you'd hopefully think twice, no matter how strong your craving/needs are your baby should come first!!!!!

Tbh with you Hun I don't see the problem I smoke and have since I fell pregnant just don't smoke as much your not a bad person or mum as some people are getting to that point my mw said it would be fine to smoke just to cut down yes it is hard to stop and if you have never smoked before then you don't understand but you can't judge someone or say there a bad person for smoking while pregnant everyone I know that has smoked as gone on to have healthy baby's as everyone else said thats just what I think x hope you get it sorted Hun its your choice no one can tell you what to do Hun xxx I do agree with what some of the girls are saying but like I said its up to you xxxx

Ug, God what is wrong with you people?

"AM I SELFISH??" did you really need help to answer that question...

Really????

Yeah she did and don't start giving me it or are you one of these do everything by the book people have you every smoked maybe not so what gives you the right to put people down what gives you the right to sit there and tell other woman how to look after there baby's ?

I have to agree, by posting a question like that then you must expect a response like this. i think its very selfish to smoke while pregnant, end of story. Its bad for mum and baby FACT! anyone who thinks its ok its kidding themselves.

Better than advising on how "NOT" to look after your babies!!!!:shock:

Come on get a grip!!

I am not arguing with silly people tbh don't tell me what's best for my baby that's my choice I was stating a fact like everyone so just leave it it's up to her how she looks after her baby and up to me how I look after mine

I find smoking whilst pregnant a lot sillier than being of the opinion that smoking whilst pregnant is wrong!

There's no point telling you what's best for your baby, it's clear that you know and choose not to care!

There are no known facts stating smoking is safe in pregnancy or otherwise, the only facts are that is is dangerous and harmfull!!

Last edited:
Yeah she did and don't start giving me it or are you one of these do everything by the book people have you every smoked maybe not so what gives you the right to put people down what gives you the right to sit there and tell other woman how to look after there baby's ?

I smoked as a teen briefly then gave up, thanks for asking.
Any mw that tells pregnant ladies that it's ok to smoke whilst pregnant deserves to be sacked.
And yes, if doing things by the book means not putting my unborn babies and children at risk then um yeah, that's me!
Are you actually condoning smoking whilst pregnant? That's really ignorant. This thread has turned a bit ridiculous!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back