I miss smoking!

Terrie

Reaction score
I quit cold turkey when I got my BFP and oh my gosh I miss it so much!!!

Of course I know it's all for a good cause lol!!!

Anybody else quit or cut down? How are you coping? :)

(btw I don't judge people who smoke during pregnancy and this is not a thread for people to voice opinions on the whole smoking/not smoking issue - if this thread heads that way I will request for it to be locked immediately)

I'm not a smoker myself but it's an addiction at the end of the day so its bound to be hard to quit and not miss it. But like you said will be worth it to know you're doing all you can for the health of your child. Were you a long-term smoker beforehand?
x

Yeah I've been smoking forever lol!! Only about 5 a day though! - still hard to quit haha!!!

Are you allowed those inhilator things or nicorette during pregnancy that might help? Hope the craving dies away for you a bit soon hun x

I think they've got nicotine in? I wouldn't risk anything tbh I'd feel so guilty even chewing the gum haha. I didn't feel this strongly in my first two pregnancies but I'm feeling really protective over is baba I really don't know what I'd do if something went wrong...

You can get electronic cigarettes with zero nicotine in them. Its just vapour. However if you're managing to stay away from the cigs all together id advise just to keep going as these things keep you in the habit of smoking x

tapatalking!!!

I post this on all smoking threads but you should buy a copy of Allen Carr's "The Easy Way To Stop Smoking"

I read it in one sitting on 8th May 2011 and that was the last time I had a ciggie and I never missed smoking for a moment.

I has smoked at least 10 a day for 15 years prior to that :shock: :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Thanks girls!

Simone I thought that too! And carnet I might just have a read of that book!

Any addiction is hard to give up, and I detest it when people make you feel bad for taking a medicine or eating or drinking something that may not be brilliant for the baby but you need so even though I am a non-smoker I wouldn't judge anyone for cutting down and not even managing to stop. I think for a woman who was on 20 a day pre BFP, the stress of stopping cold turkey would probably do as much harm as cutting right down and doing it slowly.

Well done on stopping though hun, I hope you manage to stick with it xx

I get horrible evil looks of death when the bumps on show and Im using the e-cig so but I really don't care. I went from smoking 200 cigs a week when I got my bfp to using this alone. Mine still has the nicotine in it atm but Im getting zero other nasty stuff. Plus I think my next filter will be the light nicotine one.
I loved smoking and probably will start again when baby is here as I do enjoy smoking but i would recommend these e-cigs to anyone xx

tapatalking!!!

Yeah I used to smoke and did the same as you, went cold turkey. I've not really missed them that much which I thought I would but I do on the odd occasion.
Xxx

I quit smoking when I found out I was pregnant the first time (my lo is 13 months old now) and I missed it terribly! I thought I would go back to it once the baby was born but the truth is I was so busy and tired I didn't have time to think about it - I have not had another cig to this day.
Keep up the good work though - pregnant or not - giving up the fags is a positive thing - good luck :)

I did smoke with my first, but decided I wanted to quit before getting pg again! Although I didn't smoke more than 10 a day I couldn't quit on my own! Got some tablets from the doc and had my last cig on 16th feb 2011! I've since had a drag and it tasted vile so that keeps me going but I do miss the social part of it! Can't say I will never smoke again but I know quitting is the best thing I ever did!
Keep up the good work Terrie :)

Well done Terrie! Is so worth it :) I gave up when I found out I was expecting C. That was in December '09 and I haven't had one since. Never felt better lol!

Big grats to you hun. I know how hard it is as my uncle's tried to give up 9 times, even after loosing a lung but it's really stressful and hard on him.

Keep at it and baby will be so much happier and so will you in the long run. Kudos :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back