Is this selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wanted to stay away but can I just ask if it hurts to use punctuation?
Smoking whilst pregnant is bad, full stop. If you choose to do it knowing all the risks, I jusr feel sorry for the baby.

Still remember going through a mc in a hospital and seeing heavily pregnant woman nipping out for a fag whilst she was waiting for screening i think. It was disguisting just looking at her

sent from my Galaxy s2

I totally disagree with smoking whilst pregnant I think of the little baby I am praying so hard to make it and couldn't imagine ever doing anything to harm it. I agree it is a very hard habit to break but I can't ever imagine wanting to smoke whilst pregnant knowing that it's been passed on to your baby. It's not for me to slate anyone or tell them they are wrong for doing so I think they know that themselves. It's a very little sacrifice to make to ensure your baby is healthy.

Still remember going through a mc in a hospital and seeing heavily pregnant woman nipping out for a fag whilst she was waiting for screening i think. It was disguisting just looking at her

sent from my Galaxy s2

:hugs: hun x

I cannot believe that ladies who have had an mc themselves still smoke when pregnant!!!!

Wind your neck in and get a grip!!! What are you 4 year old grow up silly girl

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

You're an idiot! Nothing more, nothing less. An immature, selfish idiot. As long as ur happy, who really cares about the tiny life depending on u right?! Tit.

Babyem - ur just a legend. That. Is. All xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Wind your neck in and get a grip!!! What are you 4 year old grow up silly girl

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

You're an idiot! Nothing more, nothing less. An immature, selfish idiot. As long as ur happy, who really cares about the tiny life depending on u right?! Tit.

Babyem - ur just a legend. That. Is. All xx

I won't have anyone bad mouthing my sickness buddy!! haha! I don't think I could call you immature if I tried!! And thanks, I think you are too! A very strong lady!!! xxx

Why can't people agree to disagree? Make your opinion and then move on. I've noticed Charlene hasn't come back to post. I hope it's not because this thread has become like a playground...anyway from reading Charlene's post I personally don't think she would defend herself for smoking. In later posts she did mention quitting, ok it wasn't in the initial post but later on once she received some constructive comments it sounded like she was going to give it a try.

Of course no one can justify smoking. I personally don't smoke but drank socially at least 4 times a week and I bloody love the stuff. Since being pregnant I don't want a drop as the thought of it going through my baby scares me. Even though pregnant women are advised no more than one small glass of wine, I still have no desire to do it. Even with these morals I don't feel the need to pass hateful judgement. Opinions are fine but come on, PF is a positive forum, lets try and keep it that way and leave the name calling and 'I know better than you' posts alone. This is not directed at any individual by the way, just think the tone of the thread is too negative :(

Thought i would get involved seeing as i have now been quit smoking for 2 weeks :)

Now i honestly really do understand how hard it is to give up... but.... to be honest you are choosing smoking over YOUR CHILDS health...Your little flesh and blood is not asking to inhale all the bad things you are making him/her inhale... it really really is unfair and im sure you know.

And as for not being emotionally ready or having too many problems that really isnt an excuse not to atleast try to quit.. This pregnancy has been the most unexpected tough part of of my life i have ever been through and every day i have to deal with alot but i would never ever have another cigarette whilst pregnant no matter how hard things get.

I am currently on nicotine replacement and it has helped me alot why dont you just try it.. i currently visit my stop smoking nurse every 2 weeks and she gives me a ton of support it really really is worth trying... even if you fail a few times atleast u can say you are trying to quit and not that you dont want too x

Not having a go and im really in no place to judge as i did smoke for a while after finding out before i got refered to a stop smoking nurse... but 1 thing that i can say is i did try and i have stopped for my little bean and its an amazing feeling knowing i have done everything i can to protect my baby x

Goodluck if you do try to quit you will give your baby a perfect healthy start x

That's brilliant Kylie, you should be really proud of yourself because I understand it must be difficult but glad you saw the real incentive to quit :)

I watched that documentary on BBC 3 and felt sad at the affects on baby but amazed at how much support there was for pregnant women to quit. The NHS isn't all bad :) xx

I stopped the day after i found out i was pregnant, there really is no choice in the matter. It's either all about you or all about the baby... and i chose baby and i will every single time as should every mother to be.

Well done Kylie!
Well done to any1 who quits and who puts their baby first. X

This thread made me so sad....after losing my baby just over a week ago I cannot imagine how anyone would want to risk their babies health or life even. I don't smoke any more I gave up when I was 18 (21yrs ago) after watching my nan waste away with lung cancer, a very slow and painful way to die.

I have been through a tremendous amount of tragedy and pain in my life (alcoholic wife beating dad, rape, child abuse, 2 abusive marriages, 3 mc's) I have never used that as an excuse to smoke nor would I...I am stronger than a stick of poison!

It is up to you what you chose to do while pregnant...I just think it's very sad and selfish that you chose to smoke.....life is precious and once it's gone you can never get it back....I wish I still had my baby growing inside and wish all you ladies that smoke realise how lucky you are and put your baby first....

I really believe that if you dig deep enough you will find the strength to do it....but you have to want to first!

Last edited:
:hugs: tee
I think (and hope) everyone will agree with everything you have said xx

Why can't people agree to disagree? Make your opinion and then move on. I've noticed Charlene hasn't come back to post. I hope it's not because this thread has become like a playground...anyway from reading Charlene's post I personally don't think she would defend herself for smoking. In later posts she did mention quitting, ok it wasn't in the initial post but later on once she received some constructive comments it sounded like she was going to give it a try.

Of course no one can justify smoking. I personally don't smoke but drank socially at least 4 times a week and I bloody love the stuff. Since being pregnant I don't want a drop as the thought of it going through my baby scares me. Even though pregnant women are advised no more than one small glass of wine, I still have no desire to do it. Even with these morals I don't feel the need to pass hateful judgement. Opinions are fine but come on, PF is a positive forum, lets try and keep it that way and leave the name calling and 'I know better than you' posts alone. This is not directed at any individual by the way, just think the tone of the thread is too negative :(

This is the point I was trying to make before, she may not have come and asked for support up front, but she was definately considering quitting. The whole thing has been blown up into something negative

Everyone knows its a bad thing to do while pregnant, it's wether you choose to do something about it

I lost a baby 2 years ago and when I found out I was pregnant I had 2 fags after and all of a sudden fags weren't what I needed my baby was. I'm now nearly 21 weeks. Just imagine ur baby smoking because it's the same thing I haven't touched and won't be touching any fags xxxx

Thread closed, as I can't see it turning into a friendly discussion however hard people try. I do think a giving up smoking support thread would be a great idea for those who want to quit and are struggling though :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back