Just joined

Ariel

Reaction score
Hi All
I have just joined and am eight weeks along. This is my first pregnancy and I have no idea what to expect as yet.
I am suffering nausea and sickness pretty much constantly, and although I am trying to eat healthy I can't stomach much at the moment, I am also a smoker and am trying really hard to quit...but not managed it yet.
I am trying to take things in my stride, but the fact that I am still smoking makes me really anxious, I read Allan Carr twice...and although I have cut down am still not quit...any advice would be great, as I really want to be as healthy as I can.
Thank you. :)

Congratulations on youR BFP! I smoked before having my daughter and gave up when I found out I was pregnant with her, that was 15 years ago now and never gone back, hopefully you can do it too. I know how hard it is too quit though, must admit the nausea totally put me off it so if I craved one I went near someone smoking and it made me feel sick so I didn't want one anymore. The incentive also kept me strong, I kept remembering the little life inside me and that helped. To curb the habit with my hands I swapped cigs for lollipops and learnt to knit which kept my hands busy at night and I made a lovely blanket!! I also got some herbal cigs but never smoked them, they were just a comfort to keep with me!

Does your partner smoke too, if he does get him to support you and quit too, it's not good for a new baby to be round any smoke, I've been trying to get my own hubby to quit but it's falling on deaf ears just now! Good luck, let us know how your getting on x

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums :)

I quite smoking before Xmas when I starting TTC. I only smoked 4 roll ups a day and am glad I stopped. I went cold turkey and it was easy. My OH still smoks but outsides and probably wont stop !

good luck
x

Last edited:
Ariel, congratulations and welcome to the forums! :) Hope you enjoy it here.

Sorry can't say anything about smoking as I don't smoke myself. But I'm sure you're doing the right thing! Good luck!

Thank you for your replies. :)
I am a bit archaic when it comes to forums..what does BFP and TTC mean?
Every time I find myself reaching for one I try and do something else, but still end up having one when my tasks are done. Yep, my OH is still smoking, which isn't great as we have them in the house and makes me worse, I might tell him all ciggies have to be banished from tomorrow. It wasn't a planned pregnancy so I haven't geared my mind up to being healthy yet, but am trying! Though all I have managed to eat today is a yogurt!!

Welcome and congrats on the BFP (big fat positive). TTC is trying to conceive. there are a lot of abbreviations but you'll pick them up as you go along :D

Don't worry too much about eating healthy in the first tri. Just get food inside you and if you're craving naughty food its as theres something in there that your body wants (salt or carbs etc). just take the vitamins so youre body is getting good stuff too.. You'll start to feel better in tri 2 and can go back to healthy food then!

You can ask your midwife to refer you to a stop smoking midwife, they can give you patches and inhailers etc, but not until you have reached twelve weeks. Try not to beat yourself up too much about it, this will stress you out and make you smoke more!

Can't comment on the smoking thing as i'm a non smoker but congratulations on your pregnancy and good luck quitting smoking :) xxx

Like some of the others I'm afraid I have no advice for the smoking thing but just wanted to say a big welcome to the forum there will always be someone on here with helpful advice. Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months x x

congrats on your BFP and welcome to the forum :) xx

Thank you all for your messages an advice. I like it here everyone is friendly...and there I was worrying everyone would be a bit mean coz I haven't managed to quit yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back