Support needed please

bowmanzoo

Reaction score
Hi

I have decided that tommorow morning I am going to try really hard and break free from my addiction to smoking. I am fed up of being selfish and smoking while being pregnant for one and two I'm sure my daughter has astma as she's had a cough for about a month now but it's only during the night. She's been to the doctors a few times about it and they've given her 2 lot of anti biotics but it's not helped and the last time they mentioned possibly asthma and it runs in the family anyway so even more reason for me to quit the smoking so less chance of her taking it up when she's older. I managed to quit smoking when I was pregnant with Joanna so theres no reason why I can't do it with this bump as well. Anybody else wanna join me??? Lot's of support needed!!!! :pray: :pray:

I've never smoked but wanted to wish you good luck!! :D

Good luck.. I know how hard it is, me and my dh gave up in March, ill never go back again.. When you give up you realise how BAD it smells.. Yuck.. Lol, no im not a born again non smoker...

Aww I feel for you, I smoked until a few days before I found out I was pregnant (I was stopping cause of the smoking ban). It's hard at first, but it does get easier. What was good for me was the fact that at around 7/8 weeks when morning sickness really started to kick in I found even the thought of a cigarette really sickening, if I'd smoked one I would have been physically sick..Now I don't even crave it (I did for a while in my 4th month but it was so easy not to smoke). Good luck :hug:

iv nevr smoked chick but just wanted to offer my support...iv seen my mum and my brother give up smoking....one through just stopping and one trying to cut down.....just stopping straight away worked a lot better.
Obviously you know what works for you and i really hope your successful!
let us know how you get on :hug:

I gave up smoking when I found out I was pregnant with my first. It was so hard but so worth it! I'm so glad I did it for my baby and for me! I am so much healthier and I don't stink! I've never gone back either so it can be done! Good luck hun, it's hard but once the first couple of weeks are out the way it's fine!

i stopped as soon as i found out with my wee boy Lewis (he wasnt planned) but didnt smoke tryin for this one.. sometimes especially when ur stressed it is tempting but just think to urself, its 9 short months and its so so bad for ur little baby inside u, i think that everytime i want one and the craving soon wears off.. good luck...

I stopped the day I got my BFP but I do still fancy one sometimes, especially with the worry etc - but then I think, well, I've waited so long for this baby I don't want anything to jeopardise it!

But I do understand, hope you can find the strength xxx

Bow, im joining you. it is soooo hard to do alone. MW told me not to worry, it will happen, but i feel so guilty :x

Got this inhilator thingy that she told me is safe to use, and to start on it soon, so i can get off it quickly.

I Cut right back, but there is the morning one and another couple of points through the day i cant resist. been kidding myself that because ive moved on to rolling tobacco that im not taking in so much toxins (which is partly true, but simply not good enough :| )

We can do it - you have done it before, and can again. I have never tried to stop and finding it hard. hoping to get my appetite back when i stop :)

If you like we can PM personal email and even phone numbers if you think it will help :wink:

:hug: :hug: :hug:

Good luck .... you have the best reason in the world to stick to non-smoking :cheer: :hug: :cheer:

I stopped smoking 4 days before i found out i was pregnant because it just amde me feel sick and dizzy, i loved the cigs so i knew something was wrong. Now just the smell of it is disgusting, i can honestly say i don't think i will ever be a smoker again xxx

Good luck!!

It will be dificult to start with but just keep thinking of your family and that alone will give you a big push!! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back