Is this selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lord!! Lets just leave it, and put this thread to bed!!!!

Fine thanks Cos! There's a bit of action going on today, niggles and things!

Cos I think it could be twins you know :shock:

Xx

my mw never told me it was ok to smoke through pregnancy and advised me on how to stop but because of personal and health reasons. She advised me to cut slowly down to nothing which I have successfully done with hers and my families support. I think it is a very controversial subject and will raise some peoples anger levels but this site is for support and not for people to make judgements. I feel strongly that people should always have free speech but maybe sometimes its the way things are said that can cause the most upset. I think the poster was aware of the dangers and concerns but needed our support to confirm what she already knew not our judgement!!!!

Fine thanks Cos! There's a bit of action going on today, niggles and things!

Cos I think it could be twins you know :shock:

Xx

OMG!!!! Hehehehe, come over to the dark side!! ;)
Twins are fab, bloody hard work though - you'd love it!!!
When is your scan? x

Lol! I know!! 15th Feb! 11 more sleeps! :)

Do you know any of your betas from the twins?

Xx

Xx

Ooooooh exciting!!
I dont know them off the top of my head but i have a copy of my notes (I assume they would be in ther??)
I'll have a look now xxx

Sorry maybe - no beta's in my notes! Cant wait for your scan though :) xx

Xx

Ooooooh exciting!!
I dont know them off the top of my head but i have a copy of my notes (I assume they would be in ther??)
I'll have a look now xxx

I'm loving how you two are hijacking this thread with twinnie talk, it means I've stopped banging :wall2::wall2:

I knew this thread would get heated.

I hope that women make the right descisions based on what is good for baby, not what is best for mum.

I also understand it is hard to quit.

Cutting down and decreasing the amount is the safest and best way to stop.

My friend smoked like a trooper during her pregnancy. Her boy went on to have weak lungs and suffered three boughts of bronchilitis aged a few months. It nearly killed him.

The doctor asked if mum was still smoking , and yes she was but not around the baby. I went to visit her at home and there were a pile of fresh washed baby clothes in the same room that people were smoking in!

I also dont like smoking in cars with children.

Best of luck to all , i think everyone knows what is the right thing to do. Its just sometimes not everyone follows things by the book x x x

Did you know the baby's umbilical cord constricts while you pump poison down through it? Next time you have a fag, time yourself, then hold your breath for that amount of time, bet you can't do it!

Bet your tiny baby struggles too!!!

It's 9 months out of your whole lives girls .... can't be that hard really?!

I didn't disagree with ANY of the comments saying YES it is selfish, I just don't think it's necessary to put comments in inverted commas mocking the poster.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is a forum after all but snidey comments won't get anyone anywhere, except the poster won't come back to this thread and maybe see the reasoning as to why she should give up smoking.

But she knows the risks - look at the first post - she doesnt want to give up and was asking if it was selfish :wall:

I totally agree with all your posts, I don't think you've been rude. There is only one post I didn't agree with. Maybe reasoning was the wrong word - I should of said encouragement lol :)

x

I didn't disagree with ANY of the comments saying YES it is selfish, I just don't think it's necessary to put comments in inverted commas mocking the poster.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, it is a forum after all but snidey comments won't get anyone anywhere, except the poster won't come back to this thread and maybe see the reasoning as to why she should give up smoking.

But she knows the risks - look at the first post - she doesnt want to give up and was asking if it was selfish :wall:

I totally agree with all your posts, I don't think you've been rude. There is only one post I didn't agree with. Maybe reasoning was the wrong word - I should of said encouragement lol :)

x

Cool, fair enough :flower: x

I smoked 20+ a day for 15 years and quit 3 months before ttc. No matter how hard I found it, I remembered the reason I was quitting and I haven't smoked since the day I quit.
I would never smoke whilst pregnant, nor now I've had my baby. I dont even like him being around family members when they have smoked.
It is incredibly selfish to smoke whilst pregnant or around children. There are times since I've had my LO when I would have killed for a fag then I just look at his face and all of a sudden I dont want one anymore.
I hope the OP is able to give up and give their baby the best start in life.

Yes im sorry i also think its incredibly selfish. I smoked and gave up the second i found out i was pregnant, literally gave away half a pack because i knew i already loved my baby enough not to put it at risk.

It makes me very sad when i see pregnant women smoking. Babies deserve the best start in life x

Wow. Wow, wow wow at this thread!

Kellymumtobe - I'm sorry for what you've been through with 3 girls jumping u etc, but is that ur babys fault? Did ur baby organise it or something? Does ur babys development need to be put at risk because u were jumped??

Some women go through HORRENDOUS times while pregnant, my mum went through the worst time I have ever heard of any1 having when she was pregnant with my eldest brother - she was put through literally 9 months of torture and things I cannot speak of as it is far too upsetting - but she was still able to keep away from cigs - because she wouldn't do anything to harm her baby! BECAUSE SHES NOT A DICK!! And in my opinion, someone willing to subject their baby to poison, is a dick!
If sum1 who's being put through daily torture can stay away, anyone can!
Don't use the 'u don't know what I've been through' excuse! Because ur baby didn't put u through any of it, so doesn't deserve to breathe in ur toxic shit!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Wind your neck in and get a grip!!! What are you 4 year old grow up silly girl

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

Wind your neck in and get a grip!!! What are you 4 year old grow up silly girl

Sent from my iPad 2 using Tapatalk

I think that you need to wind your neck in now. I'm not being funny, and yes I may have disagreed with how an opinion was put across, but there is no need to keep going with all this.

And no, she is not a 4 year old, she is a brilliant woman, so I don't take kindly to you being nasty towards her.

I know you don't agree with everything said, but if it is getting to you this much, don't read it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back