Is this selfish?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodluck ladies, I hope you can give it up.

I should start a thread on alcohol - I LOVE the stuff but since I found out I was pregnant I don't even want a drop. Scared of what affects it may have.

Addiction is horribly real so not judging anyone :)

xx

No I don't smoke around my LO and wouldn't dream of doing!! I am going to try, I am going out on saturday for my 18th so I may start a new week smoke free!!! i just done a pregnancy test a cb digi as i had a fall the other week and this morning and was having pains and it came up pregnant 3+

Hey hun I am in the 'yes' category too....I stopped the day I got my bfp and smoked 20 a day for 18 years! Tbh it was really easy as I just though about baby everytime I craved! Baby doesn't have a choice where as we do!!

Looking at my LO now at 4 months and the thought of if id smoked in my pregnancy is enough to make me want to cry as she's everything to me! Sorry if that sounds cringey or anything but I do feel very strongly about smoking during pregnancy!!

You can do it hun....just think of your gorgeous LO xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

It is selfish. If you worry about the pregnancy; definitely stop. Going cold turkey wont harm you but if you find it hard, there is help out there.
Take a jar and put money there every time you would have bought cigs. And then go treat yourself/lo to something

sent from my Galaxy s2

you said that you dont smoke around your little on and you would never dream of doing so then why let your baby in your belly breath your smoke ? i smoked for 15 years and gave up in august - i know how hard it is but having that little one in your belly should give you extra will power - the patches are great im not sure if you can use them whilst pregnant but they have got to be better that smoking ?? good luck im sure you can do it if you put your mind to it just think on the little one and all the pennies you will save :) x

you said that you dont smoke around your little one and you would never dream of doing so then why let your baby in your belly breath your smoke ?

I couldn't have put it better myself. Its basically saying ull protect 1 baby from ur smoke but subject ur other one to it. Makes no sense.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Good luck Charlene!

Yes you should cut down and then stop.
My friend found it really hard and it pained me to see her smoking when she was pregnant.
Try and imagine every time you have a puff that your baby is too , your perfect little baby . Try and change your mind frame first. At the min you are thinking of yourself , you cant see your baby or the effects , so its kind of like out of site out of mind.

I hope you succeed x

Yes, it is very selfish. I'm not judging but you asked for an opinion. I was a smoker but quit when I began TTC as my unborn child is too important to me to risk his/her health.

you said that you dont smoke around your little one and you would never dream of doing so then why let your baby in your belly breath your smoke ?

I couldn't have put it better myself. Its basically saying ull protect 1 baby from ur smoke but subject ur other one to it. Makes no sense.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

I said this to my SIL or something similair, as she smoke throughout her pregnancy, then when LO was born, she would only smoke in a certain room of the house. I thought it was completely pointless protecting your baby from second hand smoke, when you've effectively kept them in a smoke filled home for 9 months anyway

No I don't smoke around my LO and wouldn't dream of doing!! I am going to try, I am going out on saturday for my 18th so I may start a new week smoke free!!! i just done a pregnancy test a cb digi as i had a fall the other week and this morning and was having pains and it came up pregnant 3+

I just wanted to shock you hun, I didn't think you would, but it is the same thing, if not worse!!! Really glad that your going to try and quit, don't give up, giving up! :D x x

Hey Charlene, don't give up on giving up - only you know when the time is right, but it definately is the best thing for your unborn baby. I've failed miserably so far, was determined to stop as from today but by lunch time both me and my husband gave in and bought a packet :-( So now we are trying again from tomorrow! I am determined to stop before next week when we start TTC xx

Good luck for quitting, i totally understand where your coming from, when i was pregnant with my DD i really struggled to give up and only started going to the smoking clinics when i was 6 months pregnant, DD is fine btw and was a healthy weight to say she was 2 and a half weeks early, this time around i have totally quit but thats all thanks to being pregnant as i have just gone off cigs and the ms made it more easier to not want one too, luckily i'm still smoke free and have been since early November!
Like some of the other say, maybe just gradually cut down until you are ready to quit fully and possibly think about smoking clinics as tbh it really did help me when i was pregnant with DD :)

xx

I actually had my last Cigerette on the 20th December and havent wanted one since. I always said if i ever fell pregnant i would just quit simply because i know the affects it as on us, let a new life growing from a tiny egg. I think i havent even touched alcohol. I was on holiday all inclusive before i found out i was pregnant so as you can imagine i drank and smoked and it made me worry like hell when i actually did them tests... i think since then i have had 3 halfs of Guiness! which have bowed well but i couldnt drink any more than that really. TBH i dont even think i miss it! may change as time goes on tho but even then ill suffer until after the baby is here safe and sound x

Hmm... It's a tough one.

Personally I feel if you were going through tough times that you can't give up smoking , you should have waited to ttc until you could give up smoking, even give up smoking before you ttc.

It seems a little ridiculous to me that someone that has had 2 mc's would risk that again for a 'fag' . Obviously I don't have kids yet but I feel incredibly strongly about smoking around children and to smoke whilst pregnant is absurd to me.

I hope you can do it (I know you can if you done it before) and I hope you do do it , for the health of your unborn baby , yourself and your little boy.

Good Luck

Julie xxx

I've never smoked but I think smoking whilst pregnant is horrendous and I also don't think its responsible to be a smoker if you are a mother as it will ultimately mean that you are not around as long for your kids in the future, also you should respect your own body more.

Maybe I'd see things differently if I was smoker.

You would feel so much healthier if you stopped, at least try....:)

Xx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27