Is the legs in air thing myth or truth?

MrsDraven

Reaction score
I keep hearing that if you're trying to get pregnant, it's a good idea to lay with your legs in the air for a while after sex? True or false? Just tried doing that and my back hurt!!! Not a comfy position. Any other things anyone knows to help or not?

Personally i think myth, but i can appreciate why some ladies thinks it helps :)

It just takes one person to get pregnant while doing it and everyone tries it - i wonder how the human race managed to procreate before the internet :shock:

Bahaha so true! I did wonder why they tell you to do that. I'm pretty much trying whatever I can really. xx

I've been pregnant 6 times and never done the legs in air thing! Plus we always have sex girl on top as well :shock:

lol same here!! Well, mostly. Hehe I had a feeling it was myth, but I was curious... You don't find out unless you ask I guess!!!]
Just thinking though [question number 2 lol!] if I'm trying but not yet pregnant, should I take Folic Acid anyway?

u should take folic acid while ttc as it takes a while to build up to a good level in ur system. although as long as u take after u get ur bfp til 12 weeks then all should be ok xx

:D I'll start taking it again then. Still got some left from last time so I'll continue taking them :)

I think they say it just to get make you stay laying down so the 'goods' don't slip out lol :)

Rules of gravity ladies! The sperm need to stay in! It does work. I used to put a pillow under my bottom though to raise me up rather than the legs in the air... a little more lady like ;)

well i hope legs in the air bloody works as my back is in sooo much pain from doing it...doesnt help iv already got a slipped disc mind, so its just aggravating it. to begin with i did the legs in the air, but yeh now i put a pillow under hips/bum as its a bit gentler

I laid with them in the air for a little while but barely even two minutes because it hurt my back so bad. I have really dodgy hips so it hurts. I'll just try laying flat for a while maybe.

I definitely think it's good to lie still for a bit, but I am starting to think that perhaps the legs in the air trick doesn't matter so much - I can't imagine women in the Victorian times lying with their legs up and they had huge families!!

I read somewhere that enough sperm get into the cervix on ejaculation because of the force behind it, and the stuff that leaks out is mostly seminal fluid.

My consultant actually advised this! she said either raise you bum higher with a couple of pillows or lay with your legs up on the headboard!!
does it work.....Not sure but we tried it and im 7dpo today. I'll let you know the outcome...

xxx

I don't care if it's a myth I will try anything now!!!

xx

My OH read on the net that legs in the air and then doing bicycle movements is suppose to help. I don't have a clue if it works or not but we had a great giggle giving it a try!

I did it... & 13 weeks gone now ;)
Go on... Give it a go :)
Xxxxxx

I had a pillow under my hips and worked for me. Whether or not it actually helped i don't know but fell pregnant first month ttc after being diagnosed pcos and being put on metformin.x

Ive been known to lay with my legs up the wall for a while....or if u can do it downstairs, its abit more comfy to lay with your legs over the sofa lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back