Legs in the air!

Laura78

Reaction score
Happy Saturday ladies!
Some of you may have read my TTC story,and be aware that my OH and I are using home AI to get pregnant. Now is my most fertile time and I'm lying here having "made the deposit" (lol!) with a pillow under my bum and legs in the air....what a sight for sore eyes!
Anyway,I just wondered if any of you do this after BD-ing and if you think it actually works or helps?
Baby dust to all you lovelies...and at least my post will have made you laugh if nothing else!
:)

Ye alot of us do it i believe hun.usually do it gor 30 mins to b sure. Plays havoc with my hips tho lol good luck xx

Yes! Gives the oh a good laugh at your expense but definitely we all do this :) xx

Ps - well not me anymore, obviously, worked well enough the last time clearly!! xx

Last edited:
Lol! Yeh,he did get a good laugh at me! Fingers crossed it does work...I'll try anything!
And congrats to you,a sticky bean! :) x

it isnt required but it cant hurt can it?! just looks a bit daft!

I don't know if it helps, but I think it's worth a try, so I do it! Fx for you this month hon :) xxx

Yeh,they say gravity helps,I'll try anything!
Fx for a BFP this month!

er no! stick in a softcup straight away before you get off your back. that keeps all the spermies right up there next to your cervix. But also enables you to roll over and go to sleep!

worked for me.

Softcup? What's that and where do I get it?

I read an article during the week that said lying on your side in the fetal position can work too?

these are the one I used. they are meant for your period, but are very good for keeping the spermies where you need them. i rubbed a little bit of pre-seed on the inside of them then put it next to the bed ready for afterwards. Once hubby has made his deposit get him out straight away and then put the cup in without getting up. That way its not messy at all the the spermies are still right up there and not already starting to leak out.

it all sounds really gross, but whatever helps right? (we did it one morning and i even went to work wearing one!)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Instead-Sof...APNQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327186700&sr=8-1

Hiya, I used to do this but then read that its not neccessary so now I just make sure I stay laying down for 20-30 minutes, I didnt use a pillow or legs up when fell pregnant with my son or last pregnancy so figure I will stick to what worked :)
Loads of luck and hope you get a lovely BFP in 2 weeks :) xx

I put my legs up in the first few cycles but found that by the time I wiggles over, stuck the OH pillow under my bum and tried to get as close to the wall as poss (so basically looked like a whale out of water) most of the spermies had escaped as prob got scared! so i just lay there with my legs bent (so knees up) for 30 minutes while bossing my OH around and getting him to make me a cupa....got to milk it aint ya! LOL x

ooooo i have a mooncup that i used to use when af arrived so may try that this cycle xx

The reason I consistently had legs up or at very least bum on pillow, was because of the Great Sperm Race (watch it on 4OD) - the poor spermies have such a battle to get to where they need to go, they need all the help they can get!! xx

The reason I consistently had legs up or at very least bum on pillow, was because of the Great Sperm Race (watch it on 4OD) - the poor spermies have such a battle to get to where they need to go, they need all the help they can get!! xx

Good point Leesey - I saw that too and forgot about that - it was very useful to watch though :) xx

I tried pillow under the bum 1 night this cycle just gone... I'd never tried it before, but figured that it couldn't hurt. I stayed like that for an hour and a half just watching telly and I'm pretty certain that's the night we concieved :p

I didn't want to explain to hubby the reason why I was doing it as he would have probably laughed his head off, so I just said I had a sore back haha!

I think that anything like that is worth a go hun, the worst that can happen is you'll feel a bit daft like I did haha, but it might just be the thing that makes a difference!

Hubby was convinced that legs in the air was essential so I just went with it, bless him he always shoved a pillow under my hips/bum straight after. He still laughed his head off but I am 11 weeks pregnant today so I definately think it is worth a try xx

I do legs in the air, up thw wall or bum on a pillow trick!!! The other night i lay on my back and my OH lay facing me. I held them to my chest and he like hugged them to hold them back! I fell asleep and he watched tele :D i find more 'stays in' lol

the things we do.....haha xx

I got a question - I do legs in the air, but how does everyone do the maneovre round to get legs up against the wall - I find this very tricky - any hints?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back